These A-holes Are Remaking Christmas Story!!!!

May JUST BLEED God curse them with impotence.

May their members whither and die!!!!

Like why cant they make a Just Bleed God movie?

<{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}>

Co starring

01-mma-crowd-gifs-tongue-wagging-redneck.gif

ELVR8RN.gif

Would watch

A musical? As though the idea of remaking a classic like A Christmas Story couldn't get any more lame. It looks worse than A Christmas Story 2. Will not be watching it.

I don't think you understand what it is.

It's going to be a live production, just like you went to see a play or a musical on Broadway, except that this will be aired on TV.

Well to be fair, can you imagine how awesome it will be with modern special effects and CGI?!!

As it's not a full motion picture remake their doing I'm not too fussed. If it was it'd be up there with the before mentioned Warriors remake that had been mulled over before.

/knockswood

Does anyone on planet earth actually enjoy musicals? I got dragged to one of Monty Python and The Holy Grail, the best movie ever, and the musical version was unwatchable

Well I like them, it's one of my favourite genres in fact :) I watched rather many musicals, however the ones you mentioned here are new for me, thanks for sharing, I'll definetely watch them too!
And in my case it's easier to name the which ones I adore than the musicals I watched in general (it could be a long list in fact :D). Broadway shows are the best for me, they're like a quality brand for this genre and personally I totally agree with this opinion. I liked the most of all "The Phantom of the Opera" (amazing classic and such a beautiful story!), "Wicked", "Rent", "Les Miserables" and "Hamilton". The last one is really an original thing in mixing historic plot with r'n'b music genre, on stage it was unbelivable! If you like historic movies and fiction I strongly recommend to watch it, besides it's a season for it now, go here for more information if you're interested :) Yeah, I'm a small fan of it and I always recommend to watch it live :D
And personally I'm waiting for "Frozen" which will be on stage during 2018 :)

Im pretty sure A Christmas Story was made into a stage show musical adaptation years ago. I remember seeing commercials for it around the holidays in NY.

This, as Shadow is pointing out, is merely a live production of that version that will be televised.

Whether it’s good or shitty, who knows? Can’t really judge until you see it. But I know some people who actually aren’t a big fan of A Christmas Story in general lol. Like to the extent they won’t even flip to TBS on Christmas Eve or Christmas...

I somehow missed this when it was actually live so I'm giving it a look now.

Initial observations:

1. Matthew Broderick? Well that's unexpected.

2. I feel a little bad talking shit on a child actor, but since this is supposed to be a musical, it seems they would've picked a kid who could actually sing.

Initial observations:

2. I feel a little bad talking shit on a child actor, but since this is supposed to be a musical, it seems they would've picked a kid who could actually sing.

There has to be a way to turn this into a marathon. The collected works of David Alan Grier?

Initial observations:

Or act.

Briefly watched it.... it was horrible.

I thought the kid was fine when he wasn't trying to sing. And I thought the rest of the cast did a good job.

I wanted to like it. But it was cringeworthy for me... I couldn't help myself from comparing to the original.

Though I thought Kim Jeong was a clever choice for the tree salesguy.

I don't really go for american christmas movies. I can never quite tell if they are coca-cola commercials or not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back