This event was such a letdown

It wasn't very exciting, all bearded guys won.
I remember the days when the good guys were bearded too
DELTA-FORCE.jpeg

It would’ve been a letdown but Islam saved the card. Definitely separated himself from Volk and clarified he’s still the top dawg, he also cleared up this nonsense about Volk holding up the FW/LW divisions.

Only watched the tow main event fights and both were fucking amazing in their own rights. What the actual fuck are you talking about you fucking gimp?

It was just a really weird event overall, even in the lead up with the cancelations, etc.

One that probably gets largely forgotten.

Agreed. A needle mover of an event but nothing more...I think most of us didn't underestimate that 10 days notice means it'll be weird but appreciated all 4 fighters for not pussing out and putting some form of card.

Neither Usman or Volk looked like they were ready tbh

There's these threads after just about every event unless it's completely flawless (which is very rare).

I must be the only one that had fun, lol. It was a bumpy ride, but I accept the unpredictability of MMA (that's part of what makes it great) and overall, I enjoyed the event.

I just enjoy MMA really, but maybe I'm just too optimistic.

<Fedor23>

To be fair, if they are asking $89 plus tax, the bar for qaulity should be pretty high.

It could have been so much better, but still it was better than alot of the events we had this year.

Volk Islam 2 is such an epic rematch that it deserves both fighters being 100% prepared. UFC nuked what could have been an ATG rematch title fight between the two best p4p fighters for short term profit. Usman vs Khamzat was letdown too. If Usman had a full camp, he ends the Khamzat hype.

It would’ve been a letdown but Islam saved the card. Definitely separated himself from Volk and clarified he’s still the top dawg, he also cleared up this nonsense about Volk holding up the FW/LW divisions.
islam himself said it
volk just came to collect the cash
not because he expected a real fight

I'm not sure why anyone is surprised. "Super fights" usually end with the bigger man winning. Predictably, that is what happened.

Jarl

Back