• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Thoughts on UFC 300 so far?

Jones vs Cormier wasn't announced for 200 until 2 months before the event. Brock wasn't announced until 1 month before 200. I was there, we didnt have this level of bitching and complaining 4 months out. 300 is already a better card than 200 and they still haven't announced the main event.
True.
But needs a good main, right? Got to have that. So who is going to pull out together?

Honestly looks pretty damn good, just needs that entrée.

I’m morbidly curious what the ME is gonna be. I can’t imagine it being belal lmao. If it was just a normal event i’d say the card looks nicely stacked. It being 300 i honestly can’t believe they decided to apparently shelve conor when they really don’t have shit else for a ME. Edwards belal or poatan ank don’t really do it for me.

Jiri on a card auto-takes it from tears to glory.

Making UFC 300 a spectacle and offering to the JBG is probably the smartest thing that they can do since it appears that there are no superstars available; and considering how Bones’ main event rematch with DC at UFC 200 fell apart, building the event on blood and violence and fun fights is safer.

Yeah, 100 had a fantastic top of card but the undercard was very forgettable.

200 had the depth but fell apart. Nunes/Tate as the main event. Brock in a one off, an interim title fight, and Cormier vs. a past his prime Silva on short notice.

We’ll have to see how it shakes out but it’s probably going to be better than 200. 100 probably won’t be topped as far as the top of the card but will be beaten on depth.
Yup. Even Edwards vs Muhammad or Alex vs Ankalev would put it above either 100 or 200 as a whole.

Alex vs Tom or Khamzat vs Sean/DDP would be even better .

Yup. Even Edwards vs Muhammad or Alex vs Ankalev would put it above either 100 or 200 as a whole.

Alex vs Tom or Khamzat vs Sean/DDP would be even better .
what are your thoughts on DDP vs Alex if DDP wins?

What weight class?

I would definitely watch it but DDP hasn't ever fought at 205 so he's undeserving of that title show and besides can Alex make 185 still?
DDP says he wants to fight at 205

DDP says he wants to fight at 205
Well a men's title fight is still needed at the top so that would fill the void.

Still more interesting options out there and banking on a guy to win this weekend, without suffering injuries, and turn around in less than 3 months is not the most likely outcome.

I'll watch. thanks to UFC Arabia, Im not paying more than $5 to watch this PPV.

Well a men's title fight is still needed at the top so that would fill the void.

Still more interesting options out there and banking on a guy to win this weekend, without suffering injuries, and turn around in less than 3 months is not the most likely outcome.
It's funny you say that, of course you are right. but when dricus fought whittaker in july he was expected to turn around and fight izzy in september and was called a pussy for not doing it by many posters on this very board.

It’s an incredible card. But it’ll never meet pll’s outrageous expectations.

Likely greatest card on paper in ufc history.

Co main tho will likely be Edward's v Belal which will be my least favorite fight on card as will be like taking a sleeping med.

Entire card is great and prelims are better than most main cards.

Main is Alex v either Izzy or Aspinall. All 5 fights tho could easily main event a regular card.

Honestly looks pretty damn good, just needs that entrée.
Needs both main and co main.

The first 3 fights are Justin v Max , Charles v Arman, and Zhang v Yan.

Likely Edwards Belal as co main and Alex v ? In main

Back