Tim Kennedy posts video of "waterboarding himself" to show support for CIA nominee

I'm not sure about the technique on that waterboarding. When they do it right, even the most lunatic Al-Qaeda members only last a minute or two.

It's quite obvious that kennedy has been trained in his for years...has probably been water boarded many times to train himself...if you think this is his first rodeo, you'd be very wrong...special forces guys are nuts...if you didn't know that...He could do shit and go through things that would have most mma fighters crying for their mommy.

Seriously. What the fuck is wrong with this guy?

I'd ask, what the fuck is wrong with you people...the guy is a war hero and everyone should love this guy...why does everyone give this guy shit? Cause romero cheated his ass off and won a fight that he shouldn't have and kennedy complained about it after...how can anyone blame him? he was robbed in that fight something terrible...

Last edited:
Obama kicked Mos Def out the country for doing this...

If we being fair....

What a bunch of bullshit. Torture has to be taken into context, it's not just "ooohh I can let someone pour water over my face and see it's no big deal".

Let them sleep deprive him, let him go without food, put him in solitary. More importantly, hold that hose on his face for twice as long and don't let him catch his breath and joke around inbetween. Let someone who wants to do him harm do the waterboarding and let's see if it's all jokes.

The point of water boarding is to get information...if you kill the guy or the guy passes out, it does not good...I have actually seen real footage of water boarding...and they don't normally have hoses like that...what kennedy did was actually worse...he is an extremely well trained guy, which is why he's able to deal with it...and i'm not talking about fight training...this sort of training is far different.

What cte?

Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy. Basically a degenerative brain disease brought on from repeated blows to the head. It was brought to the mainstream due to pretty much every single NFL player having it, and the NFL trying to hide the concussion rate and long term health effects of it. It takes a long time for symptoms to develop, but it's why you have retired pro athletes and boxers with slurred speech, memory impairment, and predominantly poor judgement and mood swings in early manifestation

https://concussionfoundation.org/CTE-resources/what-is-CTE

Has some kind of little man syndrome, having to constantly prove how macho he is

It reeks of overcompensation

Dude, the guys a special forces war hero...he is far beyond little mans syndrome...and he's a little man? haha tell him he's little to his face. he's far from little...most guys are far smaller than him.

He looks a little out of shape in that video.

Threads like this really show how utterly stupid most Sherdoggers can be outside the realm of MMA discussion.

Here is mos def being force fed to show his support for Gina Haspel

The point of water boarding is to get information...if you kill the guy or the guy passes out, it does not good...I have actually seen real footage of water boarding...and they don't normally have hoses like that...what kennedy did was actually worse...he is an extremely well trained guy, which is why he's able to deal with it...and i'm not talking about fight training...this sort of training is far different.
A hose is not necessarily worse because it's about constant application and precision. What Tim is doing is very different, because he's holding his breath with his mouth is full of water because the pressure is high and the cloth he uses is thinner than a towel. So in essence it's him holding his breath for short durations, then breathing when it's taken away. Real water boarding is with a thick towel and a steady small amounts of water being poured directly at your nose and mouth. That way, you start breathing while actually having water being poured on your face. That's where the feeling of drowning comes from. That would not work in Tims case because he would just be breathing in water in directly in this scenario. That's why they are cutting it short.

Last edited:
I trust that they're within the appropriate realm when they commit to torturing someone. And if everyone just confessed to killing Lincoln, this wouldn't be an issue.

You trust the CIA?
retardalert.gif

And you didn't get my point at all. I can make you confess anything. Killing baby Jesus, being the goatse.cx guy etc. etc.

I'm not sure about the technique on that waterboarding. When they do it right, even the most lunatic Al-Qaeda members only last a minute or two.

This infers that it's only done to terrorists.

Also infers that all terrorists have access to intel.

Also misses the point where it can make anyone say literally anything, to make it stop, hence it can and will provide bad intel by people that may not have said intel, and may not even be terrorists. This shit happened all the time in Iraq. Don't like Bill the taxi driver? Tell some troops that Bill is a terrorist. Bye bye, Bill.

... make you confess anything. Killing baby Jesus, being the goatse.cx guy etc. etc.

giphy.gif

A hose is not necessarily worse because it's about constant application and precision. What Tim is doing is very different, because he's holding his breath and his mouth is full of water because the pressure is higher and the cloth he uses is thinner than a towel. So in essence it's him holding his breath for short durations, then breathing when it's taken away. Real water boarding is thick towel and steady small amounts of water being poured directly at your nose and mouth. That way, you start breathing while actually having wated being poured on your face. That's where the feeling of drowning comes from. That would not work in Tims case because he would just breathe water in directly because the cloth is too thin. That's why they are cutting it short.

Can't you still just hold your breath, either way? And a guy like tim, who's a special forces guy and who most definitely has lots of training in this, would be very difficult to torture...he probably knows all the little tricks to catch his breath...plus, he's much more mentally tough than the normal person...even more than the normal soldier...

You trust the CIA?
retardalert.gif

And you didn't get my point at all. I can make you confess anything. Killing baby Jesus, being the goatse.cx guy etc. etc.

Yeah, and if enough people confessed to killing baby Jesus, I'd probably know my technique was ineffective, you poor imbecile.

<mma2>

Now, what does that suggest about waterboarding....?

Can't you still just hold your breath, either way? And a guy like tim, who's a special forces guy and who most definitely has lots of training in this, would be very difficult to torture...he probably knows all the little tricks to catch his breath...plus, he's much more mentally tough than the normal person...even more than the normal soldier...
The thing is, you might be able to hold your breath for a little while, but they can just keep pouring. Then you start gasping for air as the CO2 builds in your body and lungs. When you're under stress, your heart rate rises and you start hyperventilating, which makes it even harder, especially as the feeling of drowning sets in and they've been at you for a good while. At that point you're pretty much at the other persons mercy. If you want to try something simular, but much more mild, exercise and then when your breathing increase take a straw and breathe through that untill you can't take it anymore. Then imagine not being able to take away the straw and feeling like you're breathing in water too.

Doesn't matter how tough Tim is. We are all bound by our physiology and he would crack like everyone else. One way or the other.

Last edited:
What a bunch of bullshit. Torture has to be taken into context, it's not just "ooohh I can let someone pour water over my face and see it's no big deal".

Let them sleep deprive him, let him go without food, put him in solitary. More importantly, hold that hose on his face for twice as long and don't let him catch his breath and joke around inbetween. Let someone who wants to do him harm do the waterboarding and let's see if it's all jokes.
I guarantee you he has had all of that done. To be deployed in SF, 18 series mos, you are required to pass SERE Training, Survival Evasion Resistance Escape. During that course, at least when he would have gone through, he would have been put through everything you just mentioned, forcibly. He would have been sleep deprived, deprived of food and water, locked in a coffin sized box for hours, and yes water boarding while strapped to a table under the exact same procedures that the detainees were, as well asbeing punched, slapped, and placed in numerous uncomfortable and excruciatingly painful positions. The CIA got those procedures from the SERE Training manual.

I would suggest you refrain making comments about things for which you obviously possess absolutely no personal knowledge of.

Back