• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Tim Kennedy posts video of "waterboarding himself" to show support for CIA nominee

I guarantee you he has had all of that done. To be deployed in SF, 18 series mos, you are required to pass SERE Training, Survival Evasion Resistance Escape. During that course, at least when he would have gone through, he would have been put through everything you just mentioned, forcibly. He would have been sleep deprived, deprived of food and water, locked in a coffin sized box for hours, and yes water boarding while strapped to a table under the exact same procedures that the detainees were, as well asbeing punched, slapped, and placed in numerous uncomfortable and excruciatingly painful positions. The CIA got those procedures from the SERE Training manual.

I would suggest you refrain making comments about things for which you obviously possess absolutely no personal knowledge of.
What's your point? His video has no bearing on the reality of getting tortured and waterboarded, so even if he had been through simular SIMULATED situations it wouldn't pertain to the video. Also, if your argument is that he would be laughing torture off then I think you're highly mistaken.

I'm not sure about the technique on that waterboarding. When they do it right, even the most lunatic Al-Qaeda members only last a minute or two.

>Immediately pulls rag off face

>"Does this look like torture to you?"

Yeah Timmah, pretty sure you're not supposed to get breaks when it gets uncomfortable. Stupid ass.

I'd ask, what the fuck is wrong with you people...the guy is a war hero and everyone should love this guy...why does everyone give this guy shit? Cause romero cheated his ass off and won a fight that he shouldn't have and kennedy complained about it after...how can anyone blame him? he was robbed in that fight something terrible...
do people really consider military vets that served in Iraq and Afghanistan as "war heroes"?

What's your point? His video has no bearing on the reality of getting tortured and waterboarded, so even if he had been through simular SIMULATED situations it wouldn't pertain to the video. Also, if your argument is that he would be laughing torture off then I think you're highly mistaken.
I assure you nobody laughs during SERE Training. Every person who goes through it will be broken, and there is nothing "simulated" about it.

Waterboarding isn’t torture.

We should castrate these sick fucks.

I'd ask, what the fuck is wrong with you people...the guy is a war hero and everyone should love this guy...why does everyone give this guy shit? Cause romero cheated his ass off and won a fight that he shouldn't have and kennedy complained about it after...how can anyone blame him? he was robbed in that fight something terrible...

Being a war hero doesn't give you a pass to act like a lunatic under the guise of being a patriot. There are plenty of decorated veterans out there who would be appalled by this guy's behavior.

I guarantee you he has had all of that done.

So instead of misunderstanding torture, he understands it well but is misrepresenting it for political purposes.

It's quite obvious that kennedy has been trained in his for years...has probably been water boarded many times to train himself...if you think this is his first rodeo, you'd be very wrong...special forces guys are nuts...if you didn't know that...He could do shit and go through things that would have most mma fighters crying for their mommy.
Waterboarding is meant to break tough guys and murderous lunatics. It's not cupcake shit. Apparently when done correctly, the average subject gives in in 14 seconds. Which sounds correct based on the videos and accounts I've read of its effects.

What's wrong with a little water boarding?

APJ3JxE.gif
The wikipedia article for waterboarding actually starts off with "not to be confused with wakeboarding." I LOL'd

So instead of misunderstanding torture, he understands it well but is misrepresenting it for political purposes.
I would have advised against making such a video, but he didn't ask me, nor should he have, he's free to do what he wishes. A freedom that he himself has fought to maintain for all of us.

Edit: BTW, might I add, he stated that he was making the video to start a conversation. Given that's precisely wgat's taking place here on SD, I would say mission accomplished.

Waterboarding is meant to break tough guys and murderous lunatics. It's not cupcake shit. Apparently when done correctly, the average subject gives in in 14 seconds. Which sounds correct based on the videos and accounts I've read of its effects.
KSM was waterboarded 183 times. I'm not sure what each time means, like a session? How long is each session?
Let's see Tim Kennedy go through that.

Also, since it's a form of drowning, the effects are cumulative. Sure, the first 10 seconds are OK, but after a while you get out of breath and things start to get hard. Kennedy was removing the towel all the time to catch his breath.

Goes to show just the sort of psychos go into Special Forces and MMA.

These are not role models.

These are crazy dudes from the fringes of society.

They can either do this, go into prison, business, law or politics.

The thing about torture is that the prisoner tells you what you want to hear. Normal response.

The Nazis used this argument. And they believed it.

Warrior culture, ra ra ra.

Waffen SS.

This infers that it's only done to terrorists.

Also infers that all terrorists have access to intel.

Also misses the point where it can make anyone say literally anything, to make it stop, hence it can and will provide bad intel by people that may not have said intel, and may not even be terrorists. This shit happened all the time in Iraq. Don't like Bill the taxi driver? Tell some troops that Bill is a terrorist. Bye bye, Bill.
I don't advocate torture. When I say "break" or "give in," I mean they tell you whatever it is they think will make it stop.

KSM was waterboarded 183 times. I'm not sure what each time means, like a session? How long is each session?
Let's see Tim Kennedy go through that.

Also, since it's a form of drowning, the effects are cumulative. Sure, the first 10 seconds are OK, but after a while you get out of breath and things start to get hard. Kennedy was removing the towel all the time to catch his breath.
Based on what I've seen, the 183 number for KSM means water was poured over his face 183 times, not that he went through 183 sessions. Apparently he went through somewhere between 5 and 15 actual sessions. Which is brutal by itself. Apparently after just one session, all you have to do is show the victim the table again and they will start talking.

LOL

You don't even know what waterboarding is. You just have a crush on a guy with muscles.

Ummmm no...I'm far bigger than tim is...I just like his attitude...he's a bit crazy.. I do know what water boarding is...I've never been water boarded, so there's always that...and wouldn't wanna be. haha

I guarantee you he has had all of that done. To be deployed in SF, 18 series mos, you are required to pass SERE Training, Survival Evasion Resistance Escape. During that course, at least when he would have gone through, he would have been put through everything you just mentioned, forcibly. He would have been sleep deprived, deprived of food and water, locked in a coffin sized box for hours, and yes water boarding while strapped to a table under the exact same procedures that the detainees were, as well asbeing punched, slapped, and placed in numerous uncomfortable and excruciatingly painful positions. The CIA got those procedures from the SERE Training manual.

I would suggest you refrain making comments about things for which you obviously possess absolutely no personal knowledge of.

I agree...this is exactly what I've been saying...this isn't tim's first rodeo...he's gone through this probably many times before...

Not to defend torture, but you do realize to be ranger qualified you basically spend 61 days getting between 1-4 hours of sleep and eating a massive calorie deficit while doing 20+ hour training days. Someone that's been through ranger school and Q course for SF isn't gonna break because they are hungry and tired.

I will say its hilarious how people get so up in arms about what Americans do, when most other areas of the world are incredibly worse.
what other country goes into a foreign country and captures its citizens for the purpose of torture? lol the levels that people will goto to justify their side....which isnt even really their side...you think theyre over there torturing people for your benefit? you think that they are over there for your benefit? will you stop thinking that when its americans they are doing this to?

Did not watch cause I do not like Tim Kennedy. How does it compare to Hitchens?

That guy was incredibly out of shape and/or pussied out. To be fair. I'm not saying it's not torture but that was way too quick.

That's the main issue with torture. Same with forced confessions.

Well, of course you know because you just saw it in the previous chapter when the terrorists are trying to blow up LA.

Its almost as if you didnt watched 24.

I'm not sure about the technique on that waterboarding. When they do it right, even the most lunatic Al-Qaeda members only last a minute or two.
Yeah but those people are all full fledged pussies. They send other people to die.

Back