Tim Kennedy posts video of "waterboarding himself" to show support for CIA nominee

Did not watch cause I do not like Tim Kennedy. How does it compare to Hitchens?

Am I going too far if I say I wished that thing he was lying on was a casket?

What a bunch of bullshit. Torture has to be taken into context, it's not just "ooohh I can let someone pour water over my face and see it's no big deal".

Let them sleep deprive him, let him go without food, put him in solitary. More importantly, hold that hose on his face for twice as long and don't let him catch his breath and joke around inbetween. Let someone who wants to do him harm do the waterboarding and let's see if it's all jokes.
That's all true. I see both sides of the argument. It is torture, no doubt. I am for it, personally. I simply want the people protecting my country to be allowed to torture people.

Context is everything. They're joking around for 40 minutes here, as opposed to being on a mission to break the subject. That's true. The context would change again if Kennedy was replaced with some piece of shit terrorist who holds knowledge that could potentially prevent the deaths of truly innocent people.

Yep. I think it’s safe to say we’re on the downslide. It has not been going well for us at all the past 20 years. And it’s our own fault.

Yeah what are we going to do man!? What are we going to doooo!?

What's wrong with a little water boarding?

APJ3JxE.gif

WTF?!
War Room much?

That's all true. I see both sides of the argument. It is torture, no doubt. I am for it, personally. I simply want the people protecting my country to be allowed to torture people.

Context is everything. The context would change again if Kennedy was replaced with some piece of shit terrorist who holds knowledge that could potentially prevent the deaths of truly innocent people.
I mean we can have a conversation about the ethics of torture and the ends justifying the means and all. We might not agree, but it's an important conversation to have.

What I can't stand is someone making it out to be a joke, because he's doing it half assed under completely different circumstances. Nevermind all the other things that surrounds torturing someone, as I said, just let the water run for twice as long and don't let him breathe and the picture would change.

I appreciate the honest response.

Last edited:
I'm sure getting waterboarded by a friend for a few sec is the exact same thing as being kept at the edge of drowning over and over hundreds of times.

I'm pretty sure I could make him change his mind...or let him die trying.

Let Tim be deprived of food and sleep for a couple of days snd see how good he dose in a more realistic setting.
Are people like Tim rolemodels for american young boys? If so Team America should be USA official crash cours film for american culture and mind set.

I mean we can have a conversation about the ethics of torture and the ends justifying the means and all. We might not agree, but it's an important conversation to have.

What I can't stand is someone making it out to be a joke, because he's doing it half assed under completely different circumstances. Nevermind all the other things that surrounds torturing someone, as I said, just let the water run for twice as long and don't let him breathe and the picture would change.

I'm appreciate your honest response.
I agree. Maybe it's all the same physically, but it's always going to look foolish when it's a bunch of friends hanging out.

I didn't even watch the whole video, to be honest. I just clicked on a random point at which his buddies were waterboarding him while singing "Don't go chasing Waterfalls" by TLC.

{<hhh]

Btw, even the f'ing nazis more or less stopped using torture in 1942, because they knew it was useless.

Hey, back at my boarding school we would play this game where someone had to withstand a certain amount of pain, the winner was the one who could go for longest. Reward was bragging rights and a cold one. Then when everyone had had enough, we would go down to the mess hall and eat dinner and roast the person who quit first and call him a pussy. Torture is no big deal guys.

lol what a fucking tool

...Meanwhile its just a typical non eventful Monday morning in Tim Kennedys neighborhood....
giphy.gif

Context is everything. They're joking around for 40 minutes here, as opposed to being on a mission to break the subject. That's true. The context would change again if Kennedy was replaced with some piece of shit terrorist who holds knowledge that could potentially prevent the deaths of truly innocent people.

How do you know if someone holds such knowledge? I could make you confess to killing Lincoln. Probably in less than 48 hours.

Back