TJ camp situation not looking good

This is why I say Mark Hunt is not "just big boned" but fat af and lazy. Munoz on the left looks identical to Hunt and shows us that Hunt is more a fat middleweight than a heavyweight.

dbgvv5.jpg

One thing I don't get is I see so many bjj academies every couple blocks nowadays ran by (insert random Brazilian name here) and they're able to make it. I started at BTT Long Beach 10 years ago and now two of the black belts that I came up with opened two branches of BTT in another city and they're doing fine. I recall Reign having a huge hype with a lot of fighters coming through and seeing crowded pics of kids classes etc. don't know what happened there

No clue but I imagine those guys may have had starting gym in the back of their minds for awhile and paid attention to other aspects of running a gym other than just purely training where as fighters are probably more razor focused on just training for obvious reasons. Just a guess.

No clue but I imagine those guys may have had starting gym in the back of their minds for awhile and paid attention to other aspects of running a gym other than just purely training where as fighters are probably more razor focused on just training for obvious reasons. Just a guess.

True, I think the main source of income for gyms are the kids classes and recreational training (bjj, cardio kickboxing, self defense) and not the fight team itself, which ironically takes up more of the coaches time (cornering, weight cut, etc) than anything else.

Gym business is the worst business double worse when is the Mma gym business

Always happy to pick up more information on Sherdog and I don't claim to have all the information. However several things did make me think he did this not by choice, but because he had to.

Regarding Elevation team, it says in the article they haven't broken up, but it also says they've moved out of their gym sponsored by MusclePharm and are now spread out across branches of some other gym all over Colorado. They try to spin it positively, but to me it seems like MusclePharm just stopped funding them. There is also the fact that TJ has left the team. Do you actually have some other facts saying otherwise or are you just expressing a difference of opinion about the status of the team?

Regarding his time away from Duane, the latest embedded shot a day or two ago shows Duane just getting off the plane in California. There's also the fact that none of the shots in Countdown of TJ training in California shows Duane, and the fact that TJ said he was working with Parillo in California. Last of all, it would make sense if Duane can't just follow TJ full time to California, since Duane has a business in Colorado that he needs to run. So again, do you actually have some facts that says Duane has spent a lot of time in California with TJ, or are you just expressing a difference of opinion?

Last of all, a lot of people have asked TJ why he's training in California and he has never given a straight answer. That in itself is suspicious. In this Countdown, he even claims it is because he wanted to work with his new strength and conditioning coach. All this makes me think the move was something improvised due to circumstance rather than a carefully planned improvement.

We are all just sharing opinions based on the information we have. I see that your opinions differ from mine, but I don't really see you providing any new information. If you have some, please share it.

I'm not giving you opinion, I'm giving you facts. I have no idea how you make the leaps that you do other than you just don't know what you're talking about...

The Elevation Fight Team is unlike many other teams in that they go to multiple gyms. All the guys would go to MP to spar and wrestle, to Duane's, to vital Strength, to Landow's, to Easton, to High Altitude, etc.. The ONLY thing that changed is they moved sparring/wrestling to Easton's, which is nearly the same sized gym. All the coaches are the same.

More facts... TJ did NOT leave the team in haste. He planned this departure and new team w Cub Swanson and it's a ridiculously tough group of guys. Duane went multiple times to the gym to help TJ. I've been told by multiple guys this is the best camp he's had in years...

Way off.... Elevation Fight Team did not break up, they moved to Easton Training Center, same guys. That being said TJ and Cub Swanson set up a killer camp in Cali. They've got those two w Shorty Torres, Juan Archuleta, Jose Mariscal and another 5-10 135/145s. This is a better camp than he had at Elevation..
Juan alone is worth gold. Such a underrated fighter. He has one more KOTC fight and he is free.............

Can't imagine why he doesn't have a solid group of people surrounding him who are loyal and selfless.
You know that lhe majority of fighters in the history of MMA have left their original camp, right? lol

GSP and Silva are prime examples of this. I suppose they are also "snakes".

You know that lhe majority of fighters in the history of MMA have left their original camp, right? lol

GSP and Silva are prime examples of this. I suppose they are also "snakes".

Yeah I know, but I'm kinda enjoying riding the TJ Hatred Wave going right now. I've always had an unpleasant feeling about the guy. He's just not my cup-op-tea.

Once you get to a certain level i honesly dont think coaches and traing partners are like super important.
Fight night is one on one.
Just look at what happens with AKA with their world class staff and top guys. They cannot even make it to the fight.

he shouldnt have burned his bridges with his first team then.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back