TJ Dillashaw throws Conor under the Bus ('Afraid to Fight') | Page 8

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Ghost in the Dark, Jan 10, 2018.

1. GordaoPreguico Black Belt

GordaoPreguico
    Ftfy

2. popwarnermma Purple Belt

popwarnermma
    Eddie Alvarez is a gatekeeper? You must be new despite your number of posts.

Unless you mean Diaz is a gatekeeper, in which case that was actually 2 weight classes, so the equivalent of 145lbs, and conveniently avoids referencing making Alvarez, who is absolutely top tier at LW, look like he didn't even belong in the octagon.

Either way I fixed your name.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  3. Streeter Brown Belt

Streeter
    Conor was actually very very active before the baby. Dec , march, August , nov. ....... how much more active can a fighter be . Now he has 50 to 100 mil.n doesn't care

4. FlowchartRog Green Belt

FlowchartRog
    FFS man :D

The discussion isn't about whether Jones was deserving of his P4P #1 status, it's about the definition of P4P.

Jones was the consensus P4P #1 long before he was exposed as a cheater, having only fought and dominated in 1 weight division. So yeah, he's still the perfect example.

5. Ryeboi Orange Belt

Ryeboi
    This is your argument. TJ fights at 135. If he moves down to 125 then he's a pussy.

What you aren't taking into account is their walking weight class. TJ admits to being 150lbs normally and cutting 15lbs. Proof.

Conor's admitted to walking around at 170 before his fight with Mayweather. Proof.

Normally fighters drop one weight class from their walking weight to make fight weight. One weight class down for Conor would be 155lb. But 90% of Conor's fights at 145lbs, two weight classes below his walking weight.

Based on your logic, you've just invalidated his entire career at 145. Grow a brain.

6. GrantB13 Brown Belt

GrantB13
    Lol then leave. Any of these fighters can retire and work someone else no none of them HAVE to fight anymore. But as champ yeah you actually do HAVE to fight.

7. GordaoPreguico Black Belt

GordaoPreguico
    Yes Diaz is the gatekeeper and he should have lost his title shot after getting choked out. You can pretend Diaz is a ww but they only fought at that because it was short notice. Fixed your name as well.

8. Irishhandbomb Green Belt

Irishhandbomb
    [​IMG]

9. Franc Mittelo Brown Belt

Franc Mittelo
    I am not calling TJ a "pussy." If I did, I was wrong, and retract that statement.

I am saying, for me personally, I am not going to think TJ is an extra special fighter, because he went down a weight class to beat a smaller man. The guy is an already great fighter. If he wants that "great fighter with an extra layer of special sauce" label like guys like GSP, Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Demetrious Johnson, in my opinion, he would have to step up and fight Max Holloway/Frankie Edgar.

Beating DJ will carry that "but you beat on a smaller guy" asterisks. Yes, DJ hater will celebrate. However, the rest of reasonable fans who understand what p4p actually means, will always say "yeah, you beat a smaller guy."

The glory of TJ vs DJ is more on DJ's side. DJ is the one who will be facing a bigger critically acclaimed fighter.

In terms of legacy, TJ is "Floyd Mayweather" in this situation. Like Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor, TJ is the one stepping down a notch. A DJ win will have bigger shockwaves across the MMA community, than a TJ win.

If TJ wins, the best we will say is "yeah, he is a good fighter. We already knew this. How does beating a smaller guy make him any better?" This will even be more pronounced if TJ loses the BW belt. If TJ beats DJ, and fails to dominate the BW division (guys his own size), how does that help his legacy? LOL

10. Sherdog'sOfficialBlackMan African American Belt

Sherdog'sOfficialBlackMan
    But, you don’t generally prove that hypothetical by fighting people smaller than you.

11. popwarnermma Purple Belt

popwarnermma
    Still avoiding mentioning how Conor made LW hall of famer Alvarez look like an amateur. Looks like 90% of your post history is Conor bashing threads. Almost an obsession. That in mind I fixed your name again.

12. alaskamma Risk it for the biscuit

alaskamma
    I’m sure if Conor could have made 135 he woulda gone down to fight Cruz/Dillashaw in a heartbeat lol

13. milenss Fedorless

milenss
    you know... people adjust to divisions according to their anthropological dimensions. It's not a ''bulk-up'' contest.
    Plus Max Holloway is way down the p4p list.

14. Southpaw_27 Orange Belt

Southpaw_27
    Did you really just say you use logic and evidence while assuming that Conor can beat whoever at 185, 205 and 265 in the same argument lol come on man, there’s better fighters in those divisions skill wise than Nat Diaz. I feel silly having to point that out.

15. Franc Mittelo Brown Belt

Franc Mittelo
    Based on this evidence, we can reasonably say that if it was possible for Conor to maintain his athletic ability while moving up to 185 or 205 or 265, on any given fight night, he could beat who ever is the champion in those divisions and become champion.

Very important and deliberate phrasing.

16. Southpaw_27 Orange Belt

Southpaw_27
    Sorry, what exactly is the evidence you are referring to?

17. Franc Mittelo Brown Belt

Franc Mittelo
    Conor won fights at 170 and 155.

18. Southpaw_27 Orange Belt

Southpaw_27
    What kind of evidence is that? So has...
    Diaz
    Penn
    Sherk
    Florian
    Bendo
    Masvidal
    cerrone
    RDA and literally dozens of others.

Please don’t using MMAth to prove your point. Am I being trolled here?

19. Chok Sok Te Yellow Belt

Chok Sok Te
    Who’s to say he won’t fight Holloway once he’s fought DJ?

20. Ryeboi Orange Belt

Ryeboi
    Good, but you're still ignoring the fact that 85% of conor's fights have been fought TWO weight classes below his walking weight, so he's been fighting smaller guys his entire career. I'm just saying if you're going to diminish the idea of TJ dropping down two weight classes to fight the fly weight goat, then it's only fair that youd be equally as unimpressed with all of conor's fights at 145.

Ghost in the Dark likes this.