To everyone who says adesanya is not legit

did you see his title fight for glory? a lot of people think he won it. There was one round in it either way. And Jason Wilnis is the best of the best. Him, Simon Marcus, Artem Levin and Joe Schilling are a toss up for best in the world at that weightclass.
ask joe schilling how his kickboxing transferred to mma, much less ufc. Look, Israel can be a fun guy like mvp. He will beat good fighters and have shining moments. But he’s been spoon fed guys to highlight his skills and he hasn’t delivered. Now imagine when he fights someone who can capitalize on his holes on the feet, take him down, grind him on the fence, work his body, etc. he’s been fighting jobbers...if he beats any top 15 guys he will have to sharpen his game

i dont think people are shitting on stylebender as much as they are simply annoyed by the amount of hype and praise he was getting during his last fight.

seeing the payouts from that fight night its clear he has a nice contract and UFC want to push and promote him as much as possible to get their money's worth.

I think he won his last fight.. but if the split decision had gone to Vettori it would not have been a shock at all.. just another day in crazy MMA judging, happens all the time unfortunately.

so in a fight that close don't try to manipulate the audience into going crazy over a guy just because you want us to, it wasn't a dominating performance or proportionate AT ALL to how it was being called cageside.

If Israel develops a good ground game he can open up even further on the feet. Standing knees more high kicks. I think he's tentative because he's always worried about the td.

ask joe schilling how his kickboxing transferred to mma, much less ufc. Look, Israel can be a fun guy like mvp. He will beat good fighters and have shining moments. But he’s been spoon fed guys to highlight his skills and he hasn’t delivered. Now imagine when he fights someone who can capitalize on his holes on the feet, take him down, grind him on the fence, work his body, etc. he’s been fighting jobbers...if he beats any top 15 guys he will have to sharpen his game

Wilkinson wasnt up to the task, but i was worried about the Vettori fight because i think he's actually a lot better than he's given credit for. And Izzy clearly won.

he's 2-0 in ufc and relatively new to mma. i dont see the holes you mention in his stand up, he's definitely better than he showed, but he's also light years ahead of most people in the division. Granted he did look lost when taken down, but I'm sure he will address that, and his lack of size/strength for the weight class.

both DC and rumble tried to get him into their camps to recreate Jon Jones' style, so those guys definitely know what they're talking about.

i hope he proves me right, but i absolutely understand why you'd be unimpressed based on how much hype he's had.

Wilkinson wasnt up to the task, but i was worried about the Vettori fight because i think he's actually a lot better than he's given credit for. And Izzy clearly won.

he's 2-0 in ufc and relatively new to mma. i dont see the holes you mention in his stand up, he's definitely better than he showed, but he's also light years ahead of most people in the division. Granted he did look lost when taken down, but I'm sure he will address that, and his lack of size/strength for the weight class.

both DC and rumble tried to get him into their camps to recreate Jon Jones' style, so those guys definitely know what they're talking about.

i hope he proves me right, but i absolutely understand why you'd be unimpressed based on how much hype he's had.
He has nothing like jones style. He has his length and athleticism and can certainly try and mimick jones. He’s hands down all head movement, that’s a defensive hole in mma...especially in the pocket which he does often. He’s obviously super talented, but that won’t last long against the elite

There was a young man called cassius clay, before the first sonny liston match he fought an english fireman (henry cooper), who almost knocked him out, the people started to doubt him. He was a massive underdog in the title match and everyone know what happened in that bout. I think Israel is a outstanding fighter and the only man I think is nightmare for him is yoel romero, maybe weidman too

There also was a young man named Houston Alexander. People spoke of his devastating power and how his fights rarely left the first round. He faced a couple of veteran fighters quickly and brutally taking the first two out. People spoke of him as a future champion, even going as far as saying he was "for real". After that he got his ass kicked alot and was exposed as not living up to the hype.

And TS, for every Cassius Clay, there are many Houston Alexanders, figuratively speaking of course.

He has nothing like jones style. He has his length and athleticism and can certainly try and mimick jones. He’s hands down all head movement, that’s a defensive hole in mma...especially in the pocket which he does often. He’s obviously super talented, but that won’t last long against the elite
Don't get me wrong, i am 100% a nuthugger, but he has more than hands down and head movement. He has feints that are better than the vast majority of the ufc roster, and understands distance better than most as well. That's why he can afford to keep his hands down. I really feel like his stand up is on another level. But he needs to be eased in against the upper echelon for sure.

Give him another can and after he smashes him have him co main in Australia

did you see his title fight for glory? a lot of people think he won it. There was one round in it either way. And Jason Wilnis is the best of the best. Him, Simon Marcus, Artem Levin and Joe Schilling are a toss up for best in the world at that weightclass.
I didn't think Israel won that fight, his throwing single shots and getting countered back with combo's he was largely ineffective in that fight, he landed mostly just single jabs and kicks which mostly was blocked or countered he didn't deserve to win.

Most low level fighters buy into the hype and pretty much lost the fight before they started they freeze up when Israel gets all flashy on them. Marvin must've studied that fight too he tried the same thing every single shot Israel lands he counter back with a combo only that his so slow Israel can dash out of the way most of the time but Marvin kept it up so Israel really couldn't mount any meaningful offence. Marvin had the right game plan and mind set but just didn't have the skills to execute it fully.

It was a good win. Vettori was a bad style matchup for him and he got through it. He still has tons of room to improve

I didn't think Israel won that fight, his throwing single shots and getting countered back with combo's he was largely ineffective in that fight, he landed mostly just single jabs and kicks which mostly was blocked or countered he didn't deserve to win.

Most low level fighters buy into the hype and pretty much lost the fight before they started they freeze up when Israel gets all flashy on them. Marvin must've studied that fight too he tried the same thing every single shot Israel lands he counter back with a combo only that his so slow Israel can dash out of the way most of the time but Marvin kept it up so Israel really couldn't mount any meaningful offence. Marvin had the right game plan and mind set but just didn't have the skills to execute it fully.

yea that's fair. Wilnis is a machine, never takes a backwards step. He took a lot of leg kicks as well which scores highly in kick boxing. either way it close.

i think marvins plan in round 3 was spot on, it just took him too ling to impliment. But at least we know where Adesanya is in that aspect. Next time out id like to see him face a striker, just for the glorious knock out that would probably come.

I was impressed by the fight. I think adesanya will do pretty good in the future if he keeps improving. For a kickboxer, he is more well rounded than kickboxers 10 years ago. People don't give enough credit to his opponent, who is also not that bad either.

There was a young man called cassius clay, before the first sonny liston match he fought an english fireman (henry cooper), who almost knocked him out, the people started to doubt him. He was a massive underdog in the title match and everyone know what happened in that bout. I think Israel is a outstanding fighter and the only man I think is nightmare for him is yoel romero, maybe weidman too

At least we're taking a step back down to earth with the Cassius Clay comparison. Last I heard he was likened to my Lord and Savior.

The reason why people aren't impressed is because Palestine Adesanya talked a big game and didn't deliver. Failing to capitalize on the hype that you and the UFC are putting out is always a risk. This is why it's best to let the hype build up organically instead of forcing it.

Contrast Zabit's hype with Palestine's. Zabit never talked and the UFC wasnt on his jocks the moment he stepped foot in the Octagon. I mean they were putting him as the first prelim fight before he was moved to the main event and look how that has worked out for them.

Back