Tony Ferguson's Left Arm

Ackmed

Silver Belt
Reaction score
Not taking anything away from Charles but we all know Tony starts slow.

I think the fight was over when he broke his arm at end of the first...

But say if it wasn't for that mistake which caused him to fight rounds 2 and 3 with a broken arm, would he have won?

I think there's a good chance he would have.

Didn't he also lose to Michael Johnson due to a broken arm? But no one disagrees Tony would have beaten MJ in a rematch.

Tony should work on his striking defence more. He absorbs way too many shots. I'd like too see him develop a vet strategy like Glover and just find the easiest path to victory. Because this man is walking into too many wars!

Gaetje improved his striking defence and it has done him wonders.

Tony should work on his striking defence more. He absorbs way too many shots. I'd like too see him develop a vet strategy like Glover and just find the easiest path to victory. Because this man is walking into too many wars!

Gaetje improved his striking defence and it has done him wonders.
Gaethje didn't improve his striking defense. He just faced lesser fighters in the more recent past.

He has been alot more cautious
Gaethje didn't improve his striking defense. He just faced lesser fighters in the more recent past.
Not by much but he has been fighting with more caution, carefully picking his shot selection... utilizing more kicks etc. As oppose to going balls to the wall soon as the bell rings.

so let me get this right...If he didnt get his arm snapped in the fight he would have won.

803b115bd65c88c7f8439e1196674549.gif

If round one ended a few seconds earlier Tony had a good chance of winning.

He always starts round 1 slow and or course he couldn't defend takedowns in rounds 2 or 3 he only had one functioning arm!

He has been alot more cautious

Not by much but he has been fighting with more caution, carefully picking his shot selection... utilizing more kicks etc. As oppose to going balls to the wall soon as the bell rings.
If he went balls to the wall he would've done better against Khabib imo. He's at least have Khabib going backwards.

Back