Tony Ferguson's Left Arm

My name was due to Big Timmeh not tapping to Mir originally. The just bleed gods have anointed others over the years to carry the torch.

I know that about you, but this is just another prime example, buddeh

TS trying to shit on Charles awesome success cause he's top 3 now and leaving Makhachev behind. Is normal

If Tony went into round 2 with both arms the fight would have ended up different

I doubt it. Tony never had great takedown defense and the kinds of strikes that he throws leave him open. That doesn’t matter at all when you’re facing Anthony Pettis and Edson Barboza, and most of the well-rounded guys who might have been able to get him down if they committed to it were worried about submissions and elbows. Oliveira’s top game is so good that he didn’t need to worry about that.

It was a bad matchup for Tony at this point in their respective careers. A couple years ago I think Tony would’ve broken him, but their stocks have flown in opposite directions since then.

so let me get this right...If he didnt get his arm snapped in the fight he would have won.

803b115bd65c88c7f8439e1196674549.gif

Yep, pretty much like saying a guy would've won if he hadn't been ko'd.

Tony's problem is that he is always a punching bag, win or lose. The Pettis fight was a good example. He gets beat up, and finds a way to win. His striking has always been amateur. He does all that goofy crap, and sometimes gets lucky. He was a good college wrestling career (D2 NCAA National Champ), but his wrestling is not great for MMA. His BJJ is better than his wrestling, but he gets beat up a lot before he uses it.

if this, if that
Tony had very little chance of winning that fight from the get go. Many people knew it and called it.

Back