Tony Ferguson's Left Arm

Charles was dominating Tony pretty throughly before the armbar. I don’t see any reason that would change

If round one ended a few seconds earlier Tony had a good chance of winning.

He always starts round 1 slow and or course he couldn't defend takedowns in rounds 2 or 3 he only had one functioning arm!
Dumb Thread.. Got beat because Olievera was better all around. Don't shit on chuck just because your boy got his arm snatched up and his ass handed to him..

Charles was dominating Tony pretty throughly before the armbar. I don’t see any reason that would change

Charles was moving forward more but he absorbed more significant strikes in round 1 before the takedown

Tony comes out stronger in round 2 if he has both arms

The armbar definitely affected him, his arm was hyperextended bad and was probably numb after the 1st round. Too much weight on it or flexing it too hard would hurt a lot so probably affected his grappling and clinching.

Catching the armbar at the end of the 1st is no different than other fighters getting a rear naked choke/triangle or dropped with a strike at the end of the bell. Like Tony dropped Gaethje at the end of the bell but no one is arguing about if there was 10 more seconds he would've won because he had him. In this case Ferguson still lost to Olivera so getting saved by the bell didn't really affect the outcome of the fight like it could've in the fight with Gaethje.

Reactions: HHJ
If round one ended a few seconds earlier Tony had a good chance of winning.

He always starts round 1 slow and or course he couldn't defend takedowns in rounds 2 or 3 he only had one functioning arm!
If you just reach a little harder you might be able to grab a straw or two...

Last edited:
The fight clearly showed Tony is weathered, he looked very slow out there. Aging is brutal in these 155 and below divisions, as soon as you lose a touch of speed you just can't compete as good, the Tony even from just a couple years back would have put up a way better fight than that.

Not taking anything away from Charles but we all know Tony starts slow.

I think the fight was over when he broke his arm at end of the first...

But say if it wasn't for that mistake which caused him to fight rounds 2 and 3 with a broken arm, would he have won?

I think there's a good chance he would have.

Didn't he also lose to Michael Johnson due to a broken arm? But no one disagrees Tony would have beaten MJ in a rematch.
No posts about Islam booked to fight Dober rather than the list of top 5-10 people you expected?

Lots of dummies outing themselves in these Oli/Ferg threads; please continue so I can feed my ignore box.

Gaethje didn't improve his striking defense. He just faced lesser fighters in the more recent past.
Yes he did... justin has never fought in his career the way he did in his last two. He didnt even do that kamakaze front flip kick. He changed up his style very much.

Back