Too many events in 2019

UFC has too many low lv fighters, i'm ok with events every weekend but i'd rather keep exciting fighters and fan favorite vets active than having these who regional guys. UFC has about 600 fighters and could easily cut about 150 of them.

No such thing as too many fight cards for me. I do understand the reservations about cards being more watered down though. But I just freakin love to watch MMA overall.

Starting in January with the ESPN move it looks like UFC has an event planned for just about every week from Jan-March. This is way too much; we will be oversaturated. The focus should be on event quality, not quantity. How will they find main events for all those cards? UFC better get used to a standard PPV buy rate of 250,000.
Oversaturation my ass. There is more than enough talent worldwide to have an event every weekend.

My favorite Frye fight

2q3rdqw_jpg.gif

Careers were ruined in this war

Don Frye is about as American as an American can be.

I really only bother with a few cards a year. Most of the time I don’t even know there is an event going on.

What everyone else said. Even if they're ppv prelim level fights, more fights makes me happy.

doesn't it have LESS events than this year, though?

If you don't like MMA, watch something else.

I'd rather have good cards than have more cards that I wont even bother to watch.

The last event, I didnt waste my time tuning in to that shitty asd card lol.

There is definitely too much. But I think more so than number of events is number of fighters per event. So many cards have like 13 fights which is about 7 hours. And you look at the card and there's definitely several fights that wouldn't be missed.

I think if they lowered the number of events per year by like 6, then generally lower the number of fights per card by a few, the cards would be better and more anticipated. If I want to watch some random low-level fight, there are other promotions.

I really only bother with a few cards a year. Most of the time I don’t even know there is an event going on.
Yet you hang around on an MMA forum. You must have to work hard to avoid knowing about events.

Yet you hang around on an MMA forum. You must have to work hard to avoid knowing about events.

Outside of this weekend, majority of my posts in the last few years have been in Mayberry.

I'd rather have good cards than have more cards that I wont even bother to watch.

The last event, I didnt waste my time tuning in to that shitty asd card lol.
Yup that max fight was complete trash and that elbow from Gunner, who needs that kind of nonsense.

Yup that max fight was complete trash and that elbow from Gunner, who needs that kind of nonsense.

Great fight. But I could just watch that shit on youtube.

I ain't sitting through 2 hrs of no names and womens MMA just for that

Back