Too many events in 2019

Starting in January with the ESPN move it looks like UFC has an event planned for just about every week from Jan-March. This is way too much; we will be oversaturated. The focus should be on event quality, not quantity. How will they find main events for all those cards? UFC better get used to a standard PPV buy rate of 250,000.

Where's the schedule?

I'll be watching a lot more UFC when they start ESPN+, haven't had cable in 20 years and Fight Pass is a useless POS

You have to wonder if WME is going to try to run a quick scalp on the UFC and sell it for 2x the price, or if they're going to build it up more (dilution of events, many events), IPO it then run a huge pump and dump.

Starting in January with the ESPN move it looks like UFC has an event planned for just about every week from Jan-March. This is way too much; we will be oversaturated. The focus should be on event quality, not quantity. How will they find main events for all those cards? UFC better get used to a standard PPV buy rate of 250,000.

who cares. the fight nights cards are easy since there no ppv points and crap to worry about

i think weekly 'fight of the week' events are damn cool. i only mind when the PPVs get watered way down.

Yeah this is makes the most sense. I always liked Friday Night Fights and even when Bellator was doing to their tournaments you'd have event every week for about two months at a time on Spike. That amount of content was great.

However, with the UFC's current model the PPVs are for sure getting watered down. Save your talent for when it really matters.

You had to expect a big push upfront with the ESPN partnership. ESPN is expecting a hoard of new sign ups for ESPN+ in 2019 when they start broadcasting the UFC. They will be running those often enough essentially as bait. The PPVs will likely be slotted the same like they been in recent years. I'm sure there will have to be a card actually on one of the ESPN channels every other month as well.

Back