Topuria. How good is this guy?

you are right… this guy has outstruck Ryan Hall and Bryce Mitchell. Must be GOAT
You think Hall not landing a single strike of any significance on the feet and falling down after any attempt counts as outstriking?

Also Volk. Let's not forget that one.
The question mark is that he beat a 35yr old Volk who had just been KO'd stiff like 2 months earlier, first good shot Ilia landed Volk went down like a sack of potatoes. I tend to think they fight was more of Volk being cracked than Ilia being some god like puncher.

Got a feeling that Max will drown him assuming he too doesn't get his chin cracked after fighting Gaethje.

The question mark is that he beat a 35yr old Volk who had just been KO'd stiff like 2 months earlier, first good shot Ilia landed Volk went down like a sack of potatoes. I tend to think they fight was more of Volk being cracked than Ilia being some god like puncher.

Got a feeling that Max will drown him assuming he too doesn't get his chin cracked after fighting Gaethje.
I can't imagine Volk of any era taking that particular punch. And Volk was looking pretty good up til that point. It's impossible to really say, but that shot looks like a KO or at least a devistating shot against anyone.

But you can replace Volk with anyone in the division, put them in that same position, let them take that same punch, and they're getting KOd as well.

The difference is no one else in the division has Volk's level of striking. If Topuria can do that to Volk in under 2 rounds, he can do it to anyone.

And it's not like it was some fluke punch either like some casuals on here seem to believe. He spent the whole first round getting his reads and figuring Volk out. By the 2nd, he had Volk biting hard on feints. Then he started increasing his pressure, without actually throwing more volume, which had Volk starting to overreact and make little mistakes. Then it was the combo that ended it, which wasn't just some big power shot. The whole sequence was awesome. short shot to the head, then to the body, and then came up with a few more to set up the killshots.

No chin is taking a shot like that and not getting wrecked.

As of now he's the GOAT of the FW division.
Give him two years and his first loss and then the "he was never that good" narrative will start.
MMA.

He's really fucking good. What impresses me most is his natural talent/athleticism, and I think that's what puts him on another level. He's probably the most athletic fighter currently on the roaster imo.

If he is sharp with a good camp, he has the striking and grappling to be great. Time will tell. Injuries, MMA styles, he can be hit, but for now smart money is on him with his heavy but fast n accurate strikes. Getting a hold of him not easy since he can wrestle too.

One of the absolute best boxers in the ufc. Sturdy chin, natural 1 punch power, great timing, accuracy and he can wrestle. He did to volk what I thought he’d do, and if they fight again it’ll end the same way. he really is that good.

Holloway is stylistically a tougher fight for him than volk and his toughest fights at FW imo. That’s the fight I’d like to see

One of the absolute best boxers in the ufc. Sturdy chin, natural 1 punch power, great timing, accuracy and he can wrestle. He did to volk what I thought he’d do, and if they fight again it’ll end the same way. he really is that good.

Holloway is stylistically a tougher fight for him than volk and his toughest fights at FW imo. That’s the fight I’d like to see
ilia is better boxer than holloway but he can also wrestle max and win like that

ilia is better boxer than holloway but he can also wrestle max and win like that

I think he’s a better boxer as well, but max is longer and knows his to use his reach. He’s also durable as fck and I think it goes 5 rounds. I’d still pick Ilia but I think Holloway can make it close. I think stylistically Arnold Allen gives him a good fight as well. I don’t think any one beats him for a while though but fights can be unpredictable

Not only do you think he's pillow fisted, but you also think he's pillow fisted? And you made him Russian? Pretty solid arguments. Hard to argue.
Sorry this was meant by evloev

Is he really that good. Cus I rewatched the fight vs Volk and he walked him down badly. In the lead up they were talking about him being in wrestling since he was very young. Volk is a little machine, was he off that night? or is Topuria the real deal?
I sincerely believe Topuria has what it takes to become champ.

Future GOAT FW imo. 27 years old, knockout machine, not even in his prime and highly marketable.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
memeticist
Back