News Tracy Cortez vs Miranda Maverick set for July 20th

Who wins?

• Total voters
All I know is Cortez is slowly turning into a bangkok 7 and Miranda needs a guitar.

images

Tracy in a loop. Now fighting against competition that her competition beat.

Dumb fight. Tracy needs to be fighting better comp at this point.

She should win this pretty easily. She's better than Mav everywhere, especially with her grappling.

Why does cortez never get a step up in competition? She's 5-0 in that division and just beat a girl that smashed maverick.

Yeah it's bizarre. She's been in the UFC for 5 years and is undefeated since beating Erin Blanchfield who joined the UFC 2 years after her and is a top contender right now.

I think Maverick will struggle with Tracy Cortez.

Cortez is on an 11-fight win streak and has only lost ONCE in her pro MMA career (that sole loss was almost 7 years ago).
Maverick is 13-5 and her two most recent losses are Jasudavicius and Blanchfield.
Cortez has *beaten* those same two fighters : wins over both Blanchfield and Jasudavicius.
Cortez though must be related to Chookagian as she only seems to ever win by decision..... therefore......

.... Cortez by dominant decision.

Last edited:
Was thinking this myself, all I can think is she isn't particularly active.
One fight in the last 105 weeks and never fought more than once a year since she signed makes it tough for the promotion to get behind her.

It would be easy for the booker to think "Why give her a chance to derail another up'n'comer if she isn't going to do anything with it?"

Why does cortez never get a step up in competition? She's 5-0 in that division and just beat a girl that smashed maverick.
Probably because that girl doesn't have wikipedia page.

One fight in the last 105 weeks and never fought more than once a year since she signed makes it tough for the promotion to get behind her.

It would be easy for the booker to think "Why give her a chance to derail another up'n'comer if she isn't going to do anything with it?"
But they figured out how to promote Ortega, who probably trained her on how to be inactive.

I know Maverick claimed she was sick or injured or whatever for the Jasudavicius fight, but even if that's true I think Jasmine was preying on well-established holes in her game that Tracy can also exploit.

In other news, Cortez gonna keep beating up fringe Top 20ish girls for the rest of her career I guess. This is despite the fact that Ribas and Chookagian are both ahead of her in the rankings and coming off losses. Hell, give her the Blanchfield rematch for all I care. She's earned it and Erin has a lot to prove after her last debacle.

But they figured out how to promote Ortega, who probably trained her on how to be inactive.
I wasn't defending UFC booking, just saying I understand why a company that only uses people until they aren't lucrative would book her the way they do.

I don't get the Ortega hype, never did. Have no idea how he keeps his spot.

Back