Trump Administration to Step Up US Arms Sales(Trump Getting Personally Involved)

Definitely odd for a sitting leader to head brokering deals that ought to be done between private industry and state leaders on the buying side.

Every state with a defense sector is going to be pro sales, but the president should sign off on deals not broker them (even if no direct commission is involved)

Definitely odd for a sitting leader to head brokering deals that ought to be done between private industry and state leaders on the buying side.

Every state with a defense sector is going to be pro sales, but the president should sign off on deals not broker them (even if no direct commission is involved)
Not to even mention that allowing more and more Weapons Systems, and more complex Weapons Systems to be sold to more countries in a streamlined fashion will have nothing but terrible results for the globe.

Last edited:
You can blow up people, but no gas, you gas them and you are Hitler, you bury them with bombs instead.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The Trump administration is nearing completion of a new “Buy American” plan that calls for U.S. military attaches and diplomats to help drum up billions of dollars more in business overseas for the American weapons industry, going beyond the assistance they currently provide, U.S. officials said.

President Donald Trump as early as February is expected to announce a “whole of government” effort to ease export rules on purchases by foreign countries of U.S.-made military equipment, from fighter jets and drones to warships and artillery, according to people familiar with the plan.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...-play-bigger-role-on-arms-sales-idUSKBN1EX0WX

Thank god we're doing something sensible for the world. Finally, President Trump is doing a good thing by arming the globe. Now there should be a ton more, "Good guys with guns.". We should see an end to violence, and war really soon.

MAGA!!!
What I don't understand is how is the government selling weapons when they are manufactured by private companies? So why is it always the US. GOV selling weapons to Israel and not Raytheon or some such? Do the private companies not sell over seas and only the Government does?

Also, why shouldn't we sell arms to our allies? I mean, the stronger they are, the less we will have to act like their military and defend them.. I mean look at all those free loading EU nations with sub 2% military expenditures. Fuckers refuse to spend anything, instead spending all that money on social programs(to their benefit, and it is a smart move on their part) while we spend our money acting as their real defense force.

I for one and ok with selling them arms. HOPEFULLY at some point we can scale back our bases there, and close them. Save that money for our Citizens and some real meaningful Social programs.

Overly simplistic assessment, man. We foment the conflicts, and arm both sides. We're creating a much more dangerous world by doing this. And, once again, we're creating a more dangerous world for short term profit.

Thank god Trump is draining the swamp.

MIC BTFO!!!
What part of this current deal is arming both sides? Should we just pick one?

I'd rather we end our rampant militarism, and that includes not arming the rest of the globe, and helping to foment strife.

I'm also in favor of stronger international arms control treaties. But, only one country can really make a push for something like that, and they're a little busy with their MIC right now. Having tea parties and shit.
That just sounds dumb. They will arm themselves no matter what feel good Arms control measure you put in place. Either they will buy it from someone or make it themselves.. Nothing changes until you figure a way to stop all wars.. Wars can be fought with out guns and bombs and be just as devastating.

Not to even mention that allowing more and more Weapons Systems, and more complex Weapon's Systems to be sold to more countries in a streamlined fashion will have nothing but terrible results for the globe.
Then only a few countries would have the advanced stuff, and the rest would have no chance.. Sounds fair..

What I don't understand is how is the government selling weapons when they are manufactured by private companies? So why is it always the US. GOV selling weapons to Israel and not Raytheon or some such? Do the private companies not sell over seas and only the Government does?

Also, why shouldn't we sell arms to our allies? I mean, the stronger they are, the less we will have to act like their military and defend them.. I mean look at all those free loading EU nations with sub 2% military expenditures. Fuckers refuse to spend anything, instead spending all that money on social programs(to their benefit, and it is a smart move on their part) while we spend our money acting as their real defense force.

I for one and ok with selling them arms. HOPEFULLY at some point we can scale back our bases there, and close them. Save that money for our Citizens and some real meaningful Social programs.
The government doesn't sell these weapons but many weapons sales require government approval. Boeing can't just sell their jets to anybody or whatever. Killary was known for approving unusually large arms sales during her tenure as SoS for instance, particularly to those countries which donated to her Foundation curiously enough.

The government doesn't sell these weapons but many weapons sales require government approval. Boeing can't just sell their jets to anybody or whatever. Killary was known for approving unusually large arms sales during her tenure as SoS for instance, particularly to those countries which donated to her Foundation curiously enough.
Thank you. I did not know that.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The Trump administration is nearing completion of a new “Buy American” plan that calls for U.S. military attaches and diplomats to help drum up billions of dollars more in business overseas for the American weapons industry, going beyond the assistance they currently provide, U.S. officials said.

President Donald Trump as early as February is expected to announce a “whole of government” effort to ease export rules on purchases by foreign countries of U.S.-made military equipment, from fighter jets and drones to warships and artillery, according to people familiar with the plan.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...-play-bigger-role-on-arms-sales-idUSKBN1EX0WX

Thank god we're doing something sensible for the world. Finally, President Trump is doing a good thing by arming the globe. Now there should be a ton more, "Good guys with guns.". We should see an end to violence, and war really soon.

MAGA!!!

giphy.gif

GOOD, GOOD

You now what stops a bad guy with a nuke is a good guy with a nuke

Oh, and cockblockers.

That just sounds dumb. They will arm themselves no matter what feel good Arms control measure you put in place. Either they will buy it from someone or make it themselves.. Nothing changes until you figure a way to stop all wars.. Wars can be fought with out guns and bombs and be just as devastating.

See the genocidal campaign of the Saudis in Yemen wouldnt be happening if the US wasnt supplying weapons and logistics to Yemen.

Not a lot of countries have the capability to do that and definitely many third world dictatorships don't.

Last edited:
Not a lot of countries have the capability to do that and definitely many third world dictatorships don't.
AK's can be made from sheet steel with no power equipment.. Hell I can point you to a website dedicated to showing you how. They can be made in caves from literal pot metal.

Besides, why wouldn't they be able to make them? Most 3rd world countries have some form of metalworking and manufacturing/factories. Sure they wont be popping out 1st world arms, but it will be more then lethal enough.

Which makes no sense to me when they have their own manufacturing base and can make their own weapons..

Last edited:
Which makes no sense to me when they have their own manufacturing base and can make their own weapons..

The Saudis cant make advanced fighter jets with guided munition, nor they have the capability to carry their bombing campaigns without US aid.

AK's can be made from sheet steel with no power equipment.. Hell I can point you to a website dedicated to showing you how. They can be made in caves from literal pot metal.

Besides, why wouldn't they be able to make them? Most 3rd world countries have some form of metalworking and manufacturing/factories. Sure they wont be popping out 1st world arms, but it will be more then lethal enough.
The kind of arms we're talking about here are not small arms that can be made at Khyber Pass, we're talking about top of the line weapons systems like tanks and jets and guided missiles and whatnot. That is not something the Saudis could start making in a few years if we stopped selling to them, it requires a massive defense industry that can't be built overnight

The kind of arms we're talking about here are not small arms that can be made at Khyber Pass, we're talking about top of the line weapons systems like tanks and jets and guided missiles and whatnot. That is not something the Saudis could start making in a few years if we stopped selling to them, it requires a massive defense industry that can't be built overnight
So you are saying they don't have the people who know how to make them or that their currently existing factories and manufacturing are incapable of being used for such? Is it a lack of people who know how, or a combination of the two? I ask because during ww2 we had seemingly non martial factories converted to making bombs and guns here in the states pretty quickly. Famously, the Singer Sewing machine company.

The Saudis cant make advanced fighter jets with guided munition, nor they have the capability to carry their bombing campaigns without US aid.
But why can't they make them? They clearly have manufacturing, what are they missing? Why is that everyone else is fucking dependent on us for their damn weapons...

Back