Trump links violent video games to school shootings

1999 called and they want their argument back.

You know they're desperate when they dust this bitch off and bring it back out.

Bro....Soldier of Fortune was way more violent than this and it came out in 2000.

Hell GTA 5 is more tame then GTA 3

latest

22-gtasa22.gif

You use to blow off people's heads....and could have sex with prostitutes as well.

So I don't believe this notion of games becoming more violent.

They have been violent for a long time, but the graphics are more realistic now. I really don't see any reason why little kids need to blow people's heads off their shoulders to have fun. I think it's a bit demented.

If adults want to play these games, that's fine. But I would not recommend that parents buy GTA for a 10 year old.

I said it in the other thread, but to be clear, I do not believe a video game will make a murderer out of a normal kid. But I do believe violent video games can desensitize troubled kids, or sociopathic kids to the actual act of mass murder. It becomes a fantasy scenario for them.

I'm sure Trump has read all the studies and spoke with scientists and other experts on the issue to form his sound, well-reasoned opinion which is always supported by the evidence.

My post was going to simply say 'he's a fucking retard', but sarcasm makes yours superior.

I remember reading an article about this kid who killed his mother and father with a shotgun or something. He said he was calm the whole time, and that it was just like a video game.

I'll have to find the story. It was a few years ago.

My post was going to simply say 'he's a fucking retard', but sarcasm makes yours superior.
I couldn't help myself. The guy is a fucking retard. Simpler, concise and straight to the point. I like it.

A lot of the violence and dehumanization in all media doubtless has an influence on us. If someone chooses to consume violent images, fantasies, and the like in their daily life, that will no doubt do things to their psyche. That is how we are as people.

If someone then obsesses over violent media, video games, and so on, then like any other compulsion they feed it has a lot of ways to destroy.

We can do something, yet something drastic is not in order

To limit this too much is too perilous to freedom and expression.

Further guidelines, warnings, stricter control of how these are marketed and used by youth, and honest direction on the excesses would be good for humanity.

They have been violent for a long time, but the graphics are more realistic now. I really don't see any reason why little kids need to blow people's heads off their shoulders to have fun. I think it's a bit demented.

If adults want to play these games, that's fine. But I would not recommend that parents buy GTA for a 10 year old.

I said it in the other thread, but to be clear, I do not believe a video game will make a murderer out of a normal kid. But I do believe violent video games can desensitize troubled kids, or sociopathic kids to the actual act of mass murder. It becomes a fantasy scenario for them.

People back in the day were way more violent...yet they didn't have video games or movies....The homicide rate was much higher.

If this were true.....We should expect a way higher homicide rate since video games were introduced.

Bro....Soldier of Fortune was way more violent than this and it came out in 2000.

Hell GTA 5 is more tame then GTA 3

latest

22-gtasa22.gif

You use to blow off people's heads....and could have sex with prostitutes as well.

So I don't believe this notion of games becoming more violent.
The games havent become more violent. Postal 2 is still crazy.

But the graphical quality has gotten much higher. That could add to some of the psychological effects from being immersed into a game. But these games are made for adults.

Then again, I've been playing violent and mature games since 8 years old. I know the difference between reality and fantasy. It doesn't make me want to hurt others.

A psychopath doesn't need a scape goat, like a video game, to do psychopath shit.

People back in the day were way more violent...yet they didn't have video games or movies....The homicide rate was much higher.

If this were true.....We should expect a way higher homicide rate since video games were introduced.

I think video games have the greatest effect on lonely, deranged teenagers. I would expect it to correlate with school shootings, not overall homicide rate.

For example, Adam Lanza loved violent video games.

Didn't Hillary want to ban violent video games in the 90s?

A war on violent video games strikes all the right notes for a politician who wants to do some serious moral pandering, so yes, Hillary and every politician under the sun took a whack at video games.

Yup.

When I was a kid, the violence depicted in Bugs Bunny and comic books was supposed to be bad for me and I turned out fine.

When I was a teenager, video games and heavy metal and horror movies were supposed to make me into a psychotic killer, but I turned out fine.

I would argue that a pathological liar as POTUS who shames our law enforcement agencies and casts doubt on their dedication to truth is worse.

And violence has gone down in the country, while the popularity of video games have gone up. Go figure.
Mass shootings have spiked in the past decade. Dramatically.

But I also think people need to maybe look at it from another angle....realistic video games allow a lot of psychos to live out fantasies they're itching to do in real life. It helps scratch the itch I don't believe it creates them

Mass shootings have spiked in the past decade. Dramatically.
And almost all other types of violence have gone down. Dramatically.

You can cherry pick one type of violence and point to video games but unless you can prove correlation it's just cherry picking.

Yup.

When I was a kid, the violence depicted in Bugs Bunny and comic books was supposed to be bad for me and I turned out fine.

When I was a teenager, video games and heavy metal and horror movies were supposed to make me into a psychotic killer, but I turned out fine.

I would argue that a pathological liar as POTUS who shames our law enforcement agencies and casts doubt on their dedication to truth is worse.
You like Megadeth, so of course you murder people and drink their blood.

And almost all other types of violence have gone down. Dramatically.

You can cherry pick one type of violence and point to video games but unless you can prove correlation it's just cherry picking.
But we're talking mostly about FPS sorts of games, right? Maybe I made that assumption myself.

I think you bring up one of the interesting parts of this. I think there's some debate on this, but it's easy to see that video games can have a negative impact on kids who already have issues. I don't think it factors into policy, but it's worth thinking about.

Back