Trump Official Said He Only Listened to Lobbyists Who Gave Him Money. Here's Who Gave Him the Most

I know it's the headline of the article, but that isn't close to what he said:

“If you’re a lobbyist who never gave us money, I didn’t talk to you. If you’re a lobbyist who gave us money, I might talk to you,” Mulvaney said.

As much as I agree with you that the OP’s headline could have been better, this should not be your modus operandi. Only meeting with lobbyists who pay you can be seen as pay for play and isolates you from many different views and ideas behind a pay wall.

That being said, I would like to see if there is a difference percentage wise in terms of lobbyist contributions by industry between Mulvaney and someone like immediate predecessor, Donovan.

You are posting....on a politics forum. And you have relied on this "I really don't think much about politics that don't directly affect my life" thinking before.

Do you go to the Sports forum, start threads saying "Curt Schilling is the greatest pitcher ever," and then when people ask about Nolan Ryan and Cy Young, you say "hey, I don't care about baseball, I'm just stating my opinion."

You are all idiots....Sandy Koufax was the GOAT.
main-qimg-d9ab5b7a86f1995ac8897674bc00c983-c

I said that I realize it's the title to your link, but his statement implies that lobbyist giving him money aren't guaranteed any face time either.

"If you’re a lobbyist who gave us money, I might talk to you,” Mulvaney said.​

Nothing in the title says that he was guaranteeing face time. It's saying that he only talked to lobbyists who paid him. Which is true.

It's pretty clear what that environment was for the lobbyists. To get in front of the guy, you had to give him money. And since just giving money didn't guarantee a meeting, you had better make sure you gave enough money to get his attention.

Sure, he met with individual constituents but since he was also clearly keep tracking of what he received for his face time, I wonder how he felt about his non-contributing individual constituents even as he met with them. And I wonder how he balanced his set of priorities "individual who gave me nothing" vs. "lobbyist who gave me enough to warrant a meeting."

Maybe I'm cynical...but I doubt he saw them equally.

You are posting....on a politics forum. And you have relied on this "I really don't think much about politics that don't directly affect my life" thinking before.

Do you go to the Sports forum, start threads saying "Curt Schilling is the greatest pitcher ever," and then when people ask about Nolan Ryan and Cy Young, you say "hey, I don't care about baseball, I'm just stating my opinion."
I mean "politics as usual" as in politics the way they always are. I see how my choice of words was poor.

I don't have a problem with that, why should lobbyist get time from Congressmen when they're just being paid by some business to represent their interests?

Plenty of lobbyists are not representing business interests, but they are usually the poor ones who don't ghav a profit motive.

-Fixed that for you

-Kanye West aka The Louis Vuitton Don aka Godye aka Yeezus Christ aka Yeezy the Savior aka Ye aka Konman aka The Voice of Our Generation

-dropped = released

-College Dropout = Instant classic

<JonesLaugh>

Hes not yours anymore, he's theres...muahahahah

giphy.gif

You’ll notice how they bury the last and most important line...

I also expect you to express outrage at Clinton doing exactly that at the state department, except she only met with people who donated to her sham charity.

I also expect you to express outrage at Clinton doing exactly that at the state department, except she only met with people who donated to her sham charity.
Clinton holds no public office.

Whataboutism and political nihilism/cheerleading the shift of US politics to Russia-style cronyism is all you post.

I believe, this calls for citizens to use their 2nd amendment rights.

Our Forefathers never anticipated this Neo-Corruption, we need to rise up and get rid of this corrupt government.

Only if you think its worth the risk of making shit 10 times worse.

Bill Clinton was a fantastic President. Comparing him to Trump is like comparing my ballsack to Scarlett Johansson.
Scarlett-Johansson-fappening-pics-16.jpg

Clinton holds no public office.

Whataboutism and political nihilism/cheerleading the shift of US politics to Russia-style cronyism is all you post.

No, I’m just not blind to how Washington works.

If you’re outraged about this, you haven’t been paying attention.

I don't see the problem, he said he met with individual constituents regardless if they donated or not. Who cares if he's not meeting with some lobbyist that is being paid to try and influence Congress?

So, to be clear, "pay to play is totally ok.?" Hillary will be relieved.

Back