Law Trumps home raided

I'm a republican who doesn't really like Trump (for his personality and the dumb shit he says I got no issue with most polcies) I wanted Desantis.

Still haven't seen anything come of this raid. More I read the more like a fishing g expedition it looks. If there is something damning then let it out.

If this was about classified documents they were there a month ago n working with Trump n told him to keep them under lock. It makes no sense to raid over that when they could of taken it a month ago if they wanted it that badly. And they knew where the docs were why rummage through entire residence.

This was either

A. They had a tip inside of info regarding 1/6 n needed a pretext to search.
B. They wanted to finding something to get Trump under indictment for something to prevent him from running n to use against Trump candidates in mid terms.
C. They wanted to make certain Trump would run as he's the best chance they got to re elect Biden as he nor Harris can beat Desantis in a general

I was saying pretty much exactly this to someone yesterday. I think it is B or C most likely.

Since they know things are not looking good for them at present, this is the Dems "win/win" strategy / political calculation.

As entertaining as this fiasco is my prediction is that nothing will matter and Trump won’t face any real consequences, definitely not jail time. No matter what they catch him doing Republicans will circle the wagons and he’ll still end up with the nomination for 2024.

It’s great content though lol

Trump will likely spend the rest of his days fighting off charges from this incident and the additional investigations will probably pick up steam.

Funny that the usual right wing boobs came in heavy and absolutely humiliated themselves though.

@SBJJ might have eclipsed the legendary @Starman for the biggest single-thread meltdown in WR history.

Yeah... Remember when Republicans mocked the idea that Trump's rhetoric would lead to violence? We were calling that out way before Jan 6th or the dead FBI agent and being laughed at over it

What dead FBI agent?

This is how serious Fox News, the most prominent conservative news outlet is:

Fox News Airs Doctored Photo of Trump Raid Judge With Ghislaine Maxwell

https://www.thedailybeast.com/fox-news-airs-fake-photo-of-trump-raid-judge-ghislaine-maxwell
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/brian-kilmeade-trump-fbi-mar-a-lago-fox_n_62f6b9cfe4b0526eaeeab95d

These people are a fucking joke, but the people watching them are an even bigger joke.

Fox News have testified in court that they're not a news channel but entertainment. Why are they still allowed at White House press briefings? Why not have Borat or Triumph the Insult Comedy Dog there?

Fox News - "Well what do you say to that, W.H. Spokesperson?"

Triumph - "That's a great question....

for-me-to-poop-on.jpeg.jpg

Even CNN is saying that if the nuke files is all they got, than this was bananas.

If it were classified materail that the U.S. Gov't said "Hey, you MUST give those back." Then Trump has to give it back. It doesn't matter if it were a classified Bundt cake recipe.

Trump fanboy breaks down when confronted with the truth

HOKEY SMOKES BULLWINKLE!

I am NOT a fan of John Bolton, but there's no way... NO WAY, that I'm going to get into a debate and try to embarrass him on foreign policy!

That Newsmax host just got taken to the woodshed.

<JonesDXSuckIt>

If it were classified materail that the U.S. Gov't said "Hey, you MUST give those back." Then Trump has to give it back. It doesn't matter if it were a classified Bundt cake recipe.
I was listening to a political and legal analyst (Emily Bazelon) speak on a American Politics podcast about the raid (the show is Political Gabfest) about the raid. She claims an FBI search of Donald Trump's home marks a clear escalation in the dispute over WH files and documents he refused to turn over, and that for the warrant to be issued, they must have been tipped, through credible sources and/or evidence, of the very high likelihood that he is harboring documents that can cause a lot of harm of the United-States if made public or sent to ennemies of the state. In short, if it were a recipe for Bundt cake or anything slightly inconsequential, the search warrant wouldn't likely be issued or warranted, but the fact that so many people signed off on it, it's a clear indication that these documents are of utmost sensitivity.

Since the show was aired, we know the FBI have recovered documents with labels, some of which are labeled top secret. This is something the Trump supporters are (amazingly) minimizing.

The consequences for whoever authorized this raid should be just as severe as they would be for Trump if they found what they wanted. Raiding a former presidents house just to see if there’s anything there? That shouldn’t just be brushed to the side because they didn’t find anything useful. It’s clear they intend to do everything in their power to keep the vote out of the American people’s hands.

it isn't even just a former president. It is basically the strongest figure in American politics currently and is actively campaigning for specific candidates, some of whom are going against the big republican mega donor's candidates, etc.

They saw the elections in AZ and are shook. They couldn't demonize and stop someone like Kari Lake, so they need to go after Trump himself to smear the entire brand of MAGA candidates for the mid terms.

Fox News have testified in court that they're not a news channel but entertainment. Why are they still allowed at White House press briefings? Why not have Borat or Triumph the Insult Comedy Dog there?

Fox News - "Well what do you say to that, W.H. Spokesperson?"

Triumph - "That's a great question....

for-me-to-poop-on.jpeg.jpg

Seriously, WTF were they thinking? That picture was shown during the Maxwell trial. Anyone with even a passing familiarity would have known at a glance it was faked. I can't believe how stupid and clumsy they were.

HOKEY SMOKES BULLWINKLE!

I am NOT a fan of John Bolton, but there's no way... NO WAY, that I'm going to get into a debate and try to embarrass him on foreign policy!

That Newsmax host just got taken to the woodshed.

<JonesDXSuckIt>

What specific point of that "debate" really made you tingle?

"Bidens epic Afghanistan failure is really Trumps fault" seems a rather irrational argument....

Interesting. Again I feel like this is like calling in 25 patrol cars and a helicopter for speeding. It doesn’t match the crime at all.
Why are you determining that documents classified as TS/SCI or TS are actually not really sensitive documents? Documents that for some reason aren’t being returned? How is that not an issue to you?

Trump showing classified documents to foreign nations is hard to believe.

Nah, not that hard to believe after all...

nuclear-football-rick.png

The two images, one of which shows the man carrying the briefcase, is tagged at “Donald Trump Palm Beach Home.”

The existence of the nuclear football isn’t classified. Still, the pictures raise questions about the access enjoyed by Mar-a-Lago members, who have seen their annual membership fee double to $200,000 since Trump won the presidency.

Mar-a-Lago guest takes picture with nuclear ‘football’ briefcase | The Hill

Mar-a-Lago Member Posts Photo with ‘Nuclear Football’ Aide - Roll Call

Money = access at Mar A Largo

Why are these people ignoring that they seized TS/SCI documents that the former president didn’t return?
They're doing this because no official statement has been made about it from any of the authorities. We know Trump was subpoena'd in January to return documents that belong to the federal government archives, but we didn't know the nature of the documents or their sensitivity. This would have likely gone on for a long time if it were not for something spectacular to happen such as evidence or a credible source from Trump's closer inner-circle that tipped the authorities into filing and approving a search warrant. But let's not forget that this happened just in the past few days and we will know more with time about the details of this, and why the feds felt it was necessary to search Mar-a-Lago. There is a lot of wild speculation and until an official statement as to the reasons for the search and the sensitivity of the documents that he was alleged to have in his possession and then recovered, we will all be here duking it out without really knowing what is going on.
However, to simply say the Feds decided to go fishing is preposterous. Garland and co. Know and understand the socio-political climate and the risks they are taking to set off his base as well as the potential violent upheaval. They don't just decide to go fishing with the hope there is something crunchy to be found. They're going into this with calculated approach and careful consideration taking into account a multitude of factors.

They're doing this because no official statement has been made about it from any of the authorities. We know Trump was subpoena'd in January to return documents that belong to the federal government archives, but we didn't know the nature of the documents or their sensitivity. This would have likely gone on for a long time if it were not for something spectacular to happen such as evidence or a credible source from Trump's closer inner-circle that tipped the authorities into filing and approving a search warrant. But let's not forget that this happened just in the past few days and we will know more with time about the details of this, and why the feds felt it was necessary to search Mar-a-Lago. There is a lot of wild speculation and until an official statement as to the reasons for the search and the sensitivity of the documents that he was alleged to have in his possession and then recovered, we will all be here duking it out without really knowing what is going on.
However, to simply say the Feds decided to go fishing is preposterous. Garland and co. Know and understand the socio-political climate and the risks they are taking to set off his base as well as the potential violent upheaval. They don't just decide to go fishing with the hope there is something crunchy to be found. They're going into this with calculated approach and careful consideration taking into account a multitude of factors.
We know there were documents labeled TS/SCI and TS. We don’t need to really know what they specifically contained to be alarmed. Those classifications exist for a reason and are not taken lightly.

Back