Trump's Prime Time Address tonight to announce Afghanistan Troop Surge...

We elected a president who actually listens to his military advisers.

Perhaps if Obama did the same, today's situation would be better.

Thread oddly devoid of Trumpbots

Because we voted for him because he said he would put "America first," which is of course much needed and overdo. He also said we were wasting money in the Middle East; that was also true. People liked common sense truth that other politicians wouldn't speak. This move isn't in line with what people voted him in for.. This is establishment bs.

Well, civilian oversight of military is of the utmost importance.. Those generals are trained to want war, so they can shine and achieve. They shouldn't be making a lot of the big decisions; neither should big money, which is what you have been getting for 60 years with presidents and Congress making the calls.

Last edited:
Well, civilian oversight of military is of thenutmost importance.. Those generals are trained to want war, so they can shine and achieve. They shouldn't be making a lot of the big decisions; neither should big money, which is what you have been getting for 60 years with presidents and Congress making the calls.

So having a SecDef being a freshly retired General that you needed to get a Congressional waiver for, a COS being a General and your NSA being a General isn't a good thing?

What exactly are our war goals in Afghanistan? What are the potential dangers of a complete pullout?

I hear you Sherbro and I agree 100%

The danger of a pullout is a repeat of Iraq/the rise of ISIL/ISIS. It's unwinnable because of the way the region is and by that I mean, you'd have to change the way people think over there.

And that means nation-building. The U.N. should take that place over.

Because we voted for him because he said he would put "America first," which is of course much needed and overdo. He also said we were wasting money in the Middle East; that was also true. People liked common sense truth that other politicians wouldn't speak. This move isn't in line with what people voted him in for.. This is establishment bs.

I'm glad you say this. So many trump supporters refuse to acknowledge when he does something that isn't in line with what he said and why they voted for him.

All of us, no matter who we support, need to hold all of our public servants accountable- especially if we supported them.

200.webp

No you can't change your mind with new information. Smart people don't do that

Let me guess... it's Obama's fault and Trump is just cleaning up his mess?

Back