TUF 20: Episode 9 Tonight at 10pm ET/7pm PT on FOX Sports 1 DISCUSSION

oh and i wont stop reminding everyone of my prediction that i made week 1 and got attacked for

these girls dont have enough power to one shot someone coming in, so if someone is a good enough wrestler to hit takedowns, can defend subs and fights a jon fitch/jake shields strategy, they would be unbeatable

randa was a massive underdog and she has had the most wrestling dominant strategy and had back to back dominant upsets haha

that's nonsense man, the team voted, the decision was made, and randa decided to be a b word. it was COMPLETELY her fault. at any point she could have come to felice or the team and said hey would it be okay if i did some weight cutting or something to that effect. instead she goes against the decision that was made without even speaking to the team. totally classless.

lost me as a fan.

The world is coming to an end: I agree with Hollywood Nicky.

Also,mthe comments on Felice and Carla's facebook made by so called MMA fans is proof that you can say anything you want on the Internet, because you know you won't have to back it up in person, or say it to the other person's face.

The world is coming to an end: I agree with Hollywood Nicky.

Also,mthe comments on Felice and Carla's facebook made by so called MMA fans is proof that you can say anything you want on the Internet, because you know you won't have to back it up in person, or say it to the other person's face.

you would be right more if you agreed with me more!

It's not a team sport.

The best solution for them to train was to have people sparring/rolling with each other on separate mats who were on opposite side of the brackets. It's not like the gym wasn't big enough.

that's nonsense man, the team voted, the decision was made, and randa decided to be a b word. it was COMPLETELY her fault. at any point she could have come to felice or the team and said hey would it be okay if i did some weight cutting or something to that effect. instead she goes against the decision that was made without even speaking to the team. totally classless.

lost me as a fan.

I just don't see what the big stink is over it when it turned out that Randa and Carla/Felice never even ran into each other anyway because Randa kept her training outside when Carla and Felice were on the mats. I sure as hell wouldn't call a professional fighter a coward over the issue, even if it probably could have been settled another way. Either way while Randa maybe could have been more vocal (which makes it more amusing to me that Carla says Randa never kept her mouth shut), it felt like Carla and Felice both went overboard in reacting to it.

No matter how I feel about it though, there's no excuse for Felice to be getting thrashed on social media the way she's been. I'm glad she lost but a lot of these insults are just disgusting.

Randa looked good for all of 10 seconds. The rest of the time she was holding and stalling. Face it, these girls are just not good. And one of them is supposed to be a champion to stand alongside Rousey?? How many times is the title going to change hands?? Every single fight?

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

I like how Felice and Carla throw the, "we voted on it and now you changed your mind." Ya Randa voted on it, but she voted to keep it how it was and train twice a day.

That's not how voting works, that's how "I only want to vote if it goes in my favour and if it doesn't I'll go against it like a sore loser" works.

Is Womens MMA setting MMA back 20 years? Seriously you are fighting in a tourny for the title and get tapped out in the first round to that sub! Felice should be embarrassed to show her face again. I think she could have used the 2 training sessions a day.

Watch out, we've got a BJJ prodigy here who's never made a mistake in his life, she made a mistake, didn't react fast enough and got subbed because of it. It's almost certainly a rookie error but it's nothing to be ashamed of.

Matt Hughes, one of the WW GOAT's dived face first into a guillotine, then did the exact same thing 19 fights later against the exact same person, yet he's pointed to as one of the examples of the evolution from single disciplined fighters, to more well rounded fighters. Anderson Silva the GOAT made rookie errors setting up his kicks and ended up breaking his leg for it, yet nobody tells him never to show his face again.

Had Tecia and her non existant ground game done the exact same thing, every other post would be "She's only got 4 pro fights", "Randa was just better on that day" etc. There is a faux outrage machine at work in these forums and the pettifogging is at an all time high.

It's not a team sport.

The best solution for them to train was to have people sparring/rolling with each other on separate mats who were on opposite side of the brackets. It's not like the gym wasn't big enough.

it's not about it being a team sport, it's about having respect for the rest of the fighters on the show. a decision was made, she should abide by that, not be a b word and just out of no where decide not to comply.

again she could have spoken to felice and said "hey i'm worried about the weight and i need to train, i'll stay way away from you, but cool if i go to the workout?"

felice probably would have said yes. that's not too much to ask, that's not too much to expect from someone, at least communicate.

I just don't see what the big stink is over it when it turned out that Randa and Carla/Felice never even ran into each other anyway because Randa kept her training outside when Carla and Felice were on the mats. I sure as hell wouldn't call a professional fighter a coward over the issue, even if it probably could have been settled another way. Either way while Randa maybe could have been more vocal (which makes it more amusing to me that Carla says Randa never kept her mouth shut), it felt like Carla and Felice both went overboard in reacting to it.

No matter how I feel about it though, there's no excuse for Felice to be getting thrashed on social media the way she's been. I'm glad she lost but a lot of these insults are just disgusting.

could have addressed it, she could have said "hey i'm going to just train outside okay? i won't be anywhere near you." felice would have probably been cool about it. it's how you go about things, do you have tact? are you respectful to others? in this case randa was not, she was completely out of line. i would have been pissed off too. the team voted, the decision was made, if randa had an issue just address it you know.

felice wrote this on facebook

I'm sure every one saw this episode of the Ultimate Fighter. The fight did not go my way. I felt I was doing well and I got caught, that's MMA. You win some and you lose some. Thats just the way this sport is and I can live with that. As an athlete and person I always learn from my mistakes. I am not the kind of fighter to make excuses for my loses or take anything away from my opponent. I will say this. I would not be scared of a rematch with Rhanda. I know every one is just seeing the fight for the first time today but it was a few months back and i've moved past it by now and am very ready and focused for my fight on the finale Dec 12.

I guess the part I can't get over the most is the way she acted towards us throughout the show. She's been lucky to this point that most of it did not make it on camera, but anyone who knows me or Carla knows that we wouldn't be mean to someone for no reason. I was nothing but nice to that girl through out the show, until the end when I finally got sick of it and stuck up for myself. Even before the show started taping Rhanda said some nasty comments to me, but I brushed them off and continued to try and give her good energy. I made her a bracelet, gave her advice when she talked with me about issues with her gym and management, I was the first to hug her after she won her fight and made her ginger shots to celebrate after she won.

I'm not sure at what made her want to be a bitch to me, but I tried really hard to be nice to her, I really did. She was always making snide remarks under her breathe, slamming doors anytime Carla, Jessica, Justine or I were in a room, turning the temp up on oven and not telling me so my food would burn... Not to mention what you saw on the show with what she did with the whole practice situation.

I get that some fighters don't mind training with their opponent but most fighters do, and we all took a vote as team to resolve that issue and again Rhanda chose not to respect it or us. Its one thing to train leading up to a fight and its another to be training and going over strategy 2 days before the fight with your opponent in the same room.

Rhanda is a mean soul with a burnt heart. NO sportsmanship, no human emotion for anyone but herself.

Yes this is not a team sport and everyone on the show was there for themselves. But that doesn't mean you have to go out of your way to treat people badly. It says a lot about a person to go out of their way to treat someone poorly who has been nothing but nice to them. Just because you had a " bad life" doesn't give you the excuse to treat others the same. We all have a story. Even the one's who chose not to talk about theirs on the show.

The bottom line is Carla and I tried to respect everyone in the house but by the end we were just sick of trying in vain with some people.

I'm not sorry that I was nice to Rhanda. It's never a bad thing to treat people well and give them the benefit of the doubt. I wish her luck in her career. Until we meet again;)

it's not about it being a team sport, it's about having respect for the rest of the fighters on the show. a decision was made, she should abide by that, not be a b word and just out of no where decide not to comply.

again she could have spoken to felice and said "hey i'm worried about the weight and i need to train, i'll stay way away from you, but cool if i go to the workout?"

felice probably would have said yes. that's not too much to ask, that's not too much to expect from someone, at least communicate.

i doubt it

felice wrote this on facebook

I'm sure every one saw this episode of the Ultimate Fighter. The fight did not go my way. I felt I was doing well and I got caught, that's MMA. You win some and you lose some. Thats just the way this sport is and I can live with that. As an athlete and person I always learn from my mistakes. I am not the kind of fighter to make excuses for my loses or take anything away from my opponent. I will say this. I would not be scared of a rematch with Rhanda. I know every one is just seeing the fight for the first time today but it was a few months back and i've moved past it by now and am very ready and focused for my fight on the finale Dec 12.

I guess the part I can't get over the most is the way she acted towards us throughout the show. She's been lucky to this point that most of it did not make it on camera, but anyone who knows me or Carla knows that we wouldn't be mean to someone for no reason. I was nothing but nice to that girl through out the show, until the end when I finally got sick of it and stuck up for myself. Even before the show started taping Rhanda said some nasty comments to me, but I brushed them off and continued to try and give her good energy. I made her a bracelet, gave her advice when she talked with me about issues with her gym and management, I was the first to hug her after she won her fight and made her ginger shots to celebrate after she won.

I'm not sure at what made her want to be a bitch to me, but I tried really hard to be nice to her, I really did. She was always making snide remarks under her breathe, slamming doors anytime Carla, Jessica, Justine or I were in a room, turning the temp up on oven and not telling me so my food would burn... Not to mention what you saw on the show with what she did with the whole practice situation.

I get that some fighters don't mind training with their opponent but most fighters do, and we all took a vote as team to resolve that issue and again Rhanda chose not to respect it or us. Its one thing to train leading up to a fight and its another to be training and going over strategy 2 days before the fight with your opponent in the same room.

Rhanda is a mean soul with a burnt heart. NO sportsmanship, no human emotion for anyone but herself.

Yes this is not a team sport and everyone on the show was there for themselves. But that doesn't mean you have to go out of your way to treat people badly. It says a lot about a person to go out of their way to treat someone poorly who has been nothing but nice to them. Just because you had a " bad life" doesn't give you the excuse to treat others the same. We all have a story. Even the one's who chose not to talk about theirs on the show.

The bottom line is Carla and I tried to respect everyone in the house but by the end we were just sick of trying in vain with some people.

I'm not sorry that I was nice to Rhanda. It's never a bad thing to treat people well and give them the benefit of the doubt. I wish her luck in her career. Until we meet again;)

I mean that's her side of the story and I'm sure Randa (I can't believe even Felice is misspelling it!) and others have exact opposites. The "well _______ is lucky that ______ wasn't on camera," stuff is pretty lame, it makes it sound like they were victimized by the camera crew. Maybe the production crew did want to paint them as the "bad guys" or something but it wouldn't be so easy to do if they didn't have so much material to work with.

Basically everyone is just pointing fingers and saying "no, no, no SHE started it not me!" and then that gives them the right to out-do them via being an ass to them. It's a bit annoying but when caught on camera is pretty funny to watch. I was rooting for Randa, but agree with Felice/Carla's complaining about her just going against what they voted for without speaking up more about it, but at the same time I think they overreacted just like the Tecia room incident with the Skrapettes. In regards to who was more of an ass behind cameras, nobody really knows so the accusations really have no merit since no one can really prove it.

actually the 1st episode i enjoyed watching this season. Quite entertaining.

actually the 1st episode i enjoyed watching this season. Quite entertaining.

Show definitely picked up steam entertainment-wise and fight-wise since about the Ais/Magana fight I feel.

And by the way I'm sure Felice and Carla are not as bad as they're getting flack for being but at the same time I thought Carla's comments to Tecia on Instagram or what have you were very meanspirited and uncalled for, particularly considered Tecia seems like a legitimately nice person.

Also, I think Randa had a great retort to the comment that both Carla an Felice are echoing "We were nothing but nice to that girl..."

Randa said something to the effect of "Everybody was nice to each other the first few days. Everyone was happy. Then your true personalities came out."

lol. Again, I root for Randa in this feud so I'm biased but I thought that was an ideal reply back.

No, Randa won the fight and in life. She came across as the nicer, more reasonable person, and is much more physically appealing in spite of not trying to be in order to sell fights.

No, Randa won the fight and in life. She came across as the nicer, more reasonable person, and is much more physically appealing in spite of not trying to be in order to sell fights.
"She came across as..." Translation, through the hundreds of hours of tape edited into a 50 minute show, she came across as...

Face it, you barely know wtf is going on. You might as well be reading this shit in a tabloid so it can be clear that any strong reaction on your behalf indicates something about you, not the subjects in the story.

Back