TUF 20: Guide to the Strawweight Division

penne would definitely be a sweet addition to this list.
I think Waterson is much more likely to make the jump to UFC at 115. Penne might lose some of her advantages if she returns to 115.

I imagine a lot of Invicta fighters in the other divisions were very interested that the 11 TUF fighters are going to get paid for two fights and win bonuses(32k and 40k for Carla), to train for 5 months before they even appear on TUF. Let's just say that is a massive increase over what they were making.

Not only was it the right thing to do, it was great PR for UFC and will endear themselves to many female fighters.

Let's not forget the lessons of TUF 18. Everyone thought Baszler would be in the finals with Larosa and nobody though Rakoczy even deserved to be on the show. Turns out that nothing went as expected. I expect more of the same on TUF 20.

While I agree that the four women you mentioned are probably the favorites, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see two or three of them not make it to the semifinals. Some of the lesser known fighters could make huge strides forward training full-time for the next six months. Some of the favorites could have real trouble making weight two or three times on short notice. And who knows which fighters will thrive and which will fall apart under the constant scrutiny of the cameras and the isolation of TUF house.

Shayna yes but nobody thought Larosa would be in the finals, atleast I sure didnt.

Shayna yes but nobody thought Larosa would be in the finals, atleast I sure didnt.

Everyone thought the final would be LaRosa vs Bazler. And why is LaRosa, Schneider, and Evinger still ranked higher than every girl that was on TUF18(minus Shayna) yet they didnt make it in the house

Stephanie Eggink is another fighter who would most likely make the show if she tries out. Heather Jo Clark as well.

I think Waterson is much more likely to make the jump to UFC at 115. Penne might lose some of her advantages if she returns to 115.

I imagine a lot of Invicta fighters in the other divisions were very interested that the 11 TUF fighters are going to get paid for two fights and win bonuses(32k and 40k for Carla), to train for 5 months before they even appear on TUF. Let's just say that is a massive increase over what they were making.

Not only was it the right thing to do, it was great PR for UFC and will endear themselves to many female fighters.

jessica's body type is better suited to strawweight than michelle's, if it's just the comparison between the two. it would be interesting to see jessica in the division to see how she'd do now. she'd be a sweet addition.

Everyone thought the final would be LaRosa vs Bazler. And why is LaRosa, Schneider, and Evinger still ranked higher than every girl that was on TUF18(minus Shayna) yet they didnt make it in the house

You must be joking. Larosa was completely outclassed against Porto in Invicta, and that was at 125lbs. Nobody with any sense thought she was going anywhere on the show.

I wouldn't pick Esparza as the favourite. I think she's a great fighter, but she seems pretty small for the division. Watching her against Hyatt she seemed tiny. I was pretty confident Gadelha would be too much for her. Gadelha is freaking beast of a 115er. Her size and strength coupled with her very strong ground game make her an extremely difficult opponent. Although as people say, she might have trouble with the TUF format.

Gonna be Esparza, JoJo, torres, Gadleha if she can make weight, that will be the final 4 imo.

Depends on who fights who but I can see Torres vs Esparza in the finals.

In a perfect world, the Top 4 will obliterate the other 8 and finally clash when only they are left standing.

But then again, this is TUF, there's always the possibility of the top seeds to meet straight off the bat, or bow to that TUF house pressure cooker and crumble before the hungry newcomers >.<

I hope they bring in some Japanese fighters. There will be another UFC Japan, Japan was long the only place women could make any money fighting or anyone could make any money fighting MMA/kickboxing.

They can get a translator, heck have a Japanese man coach for maximum sexism. With Okami gone I'm not even sure who the best Japanese fighter is in the UFC, Fireball Kid?

TUF House dramatic shout match via translators?

Shit just got real...

...weird!

I hope they bring in some Japanese fighters. There will be another UFC Japan, Japan was long the only place women could make any money fighting or anyone could make any money fighting MMA/kickboxing.

They can get a translator, heck have a Japanese man coach for maximum sexism. With Okami gone
I'm not even sure who the best Japanese fighter is in the UFC, Fireball Kid?

Watch out for Mizuki/Tomimatsu in February. Also, Ayaka sometime.

Inoue needs to get signed as well. She has the best technique of any female MMA fighter I've seen.

Stephanie Eggink is another fighter who would most likely make the show if she tries out. Heather Jo Clark as well.
Would LOVE to see Eggink on the show and I hope she tries out as I like her style.
wb5f06.jpg
fkzo1x.jpg

Edit: Not important but apparently this is Shayna's chick (baszler). the irony.

Would LOVE to see Eggink on the show and I hope she tries out as I like her style.
wb5f06.jpg
fkzo1x.jpg

Edit: Not important but apparently this is Shayna's chick (baszler). the irony.
Forget her. She won't make the 5. She already has her girl Braszler's ego and delusions without 1/16th of the accomplishments or notoriety. That is a bad mix.

She'll probably never move beyond the minors with her attitude. Some people aren't cut out for the big promotions.

Last edited:
carla, jojo, claudia, tecia. carla's wrestling is much better than anyone else's in the division, that i know of. should be the best season of tuf.

Forget her. She won't make the 5. She already has her girl Braszler's ego and delusions without 1/16th of the accomplishments or notoriety. That is a bad mix.

She'll probably never move beyond the minors with her attitude. Some people aren't cut out for the big promotions.

That's some first class Haterade right there.

Care to provide some examples of her 'ego and delusions' and her bad 'attitude'?

That's some first class Haterade right there.

Care to provide some examples of her 'ego and delusions' and her bad 'attitude'?

I assume he is referring to an interview where Eggink said she could more or less easily defeat Carla Esparza and that all Carla had was wrestling. I haven`t read it, but I was told there is another interview where - after becoming the 115 lb champion for her local promotion - she suggested that promotion also make a 125 lb division so she could win that belt too.

Leslie Smith has more or less said she planned on winning both the 125 and 135 belts in Invicta, and she still seems to have a lot of fans...but disrespecting the champion is a bit of a bad attitude, I guess. She seems like a legit fighter to me. I say give her a shot at making the TUF house. If she`s as bad-ass as she claims to be, she`ll make the cast, and then start to wade through Invicta`s talent. If she is "delusional", then she`ll get put in her place.

Jarl

Back