TUF 28 Finale RDA vs Usman

Worth noting Perez was wearing shoes while Benavidez was wearing sandals. Perez is a huge FLW though.

What do you all think think of the odds for the TUF fights?

Do you think Pannie will win?

Ugh, can't get a read on Stewart-Edmen. Limited footage of Edmen, and he has only fought one guy who wasn't an absolute bum, but I'm not a huge fan of a few things he does in the stand-up.

Then again, Stewart is one of the best match-ups he could face in his UFC debut. Very close to 50-50, which is roughly what the odds are.

I need to watch more footage, and will likely bet this fight, but from what I have seen early on, I like her opponent Macy Chiasson here.

Unders I really like for this card:

Means/Rainey Under 2½ +145
Letson/Stoliarenko Under 2½ +130
Roberts/Horcher Under 2½ +100 (big value)
Stewart/Shahbazyan Under 1½ +100 (big value)

Batista by decision at +425 is nice. Maurice got taken down easy by Juan and Batista is an even better wrestler.

For the four TUF fights I like:

Juan Espino at -130 via size and superior wrestling. Frazier won't be able to outwrestle him as he did many of his other opponents and even though the American has powerful hands, Espino has a lot more experience against better opponents and some decent power in his punches himself. I believe Espino wins the season for male heavyweights.

Pannie Kianzad at -130. She's far more experienced than Macy Chiasson, and more well rounded despite being smaller than true featherweight Chiasson. Should be able handle Macy on the ground too. They are also friendly for what that is worth so I expect this to go the distance with Pannie winning the season for female featherweights, despite being a natural bantamweight herself.

Maurice Greene at -160. Cuban wrestler Michel Batista looked really fat at the weigh-in, terrible shape compared to his TUF run. Looked abysmal doing nothing and getting stopped in the semi-finals despite looking good in the quarter-finals. Much bigger striker Maurice should KO him early despite Batista's wrestling advantage and the small cage.

Leah Letson at -193. She's much more well rounded and a finisher. Julia Stoliarenko panics and goes for submissions against lesser grapplers if she is not in control. I expect Leah to get a TKO stoppage after Julia fails to submit her or a wide decision victory.

Batista by decision at +425 is nice. Maurice got taken down easy by Juan and Batista is an even better wrestler.
He didn't get taken down he got smashed in the face by an overhand right about a minute in. The fight didn't go much past that

To me, this cast is one of, if not the worst bunch of fighters I've seen..I think Pannie will win fairly easily. I also think Leah Letson is absolutely terrible even though she believes she's gonna be champion one day lol, I can see her getting submitted by Julija in an "upset."

Greene/Batista Under 1½ -110, big value imho.

Not understanding the confidence on Pannie. She is garbage, and as for her being "experienced", so was Larissa Pacheco...who was stopped by Macy Chiasson.

Macy has plenty of flaws, but there are at least a few things she does well, and she has some stopping power, which is more than can be said for her opponent.

For the four TUF fights I like:

Juan Espino at -130 via size and superior wrestling. Frazier won't be able to outwrestle him as he did many of his other opponents and even though the American has powerful hands, Espino has a lot more experience against better opponents and some decent power in his punches himself. I believe Espino wins the season for male heavyweights.

Pannie Kianzad at -130. She's far more experienced than Macy Chiasson, and more well rounded despite being smaller than true featherweight Chiasson. Should be able handle Macy on the ground too. They are also friendly for what that is worth so I expect this to go the distance with Pannie winning the season for female featherweights, despite being a natural bantamweight herself.

Maurice Greene at -160. Cuban wrestler Michel Batista looked really fat at the weigh-in, terrible shape compared to his TUF run. Looked abysmal doing nothing and getting stopped in the semi-finals despite looking good in the quarter-finals. Much bigger striker Maurice should KO him early despite Batista's wrestling advantage and the small cage.

Leah Letson at -193. She's much more well rounded and a finisher. Julia Stoliarenko panics and goes for submissions against lesser grapplers if she is not in control. I expect Leah to get a TKO stoppage after Julia fails to submit her or a wide decision victory.
To Batista comment, I was watching that fight like wtf is he doing..then after he said he had some sort of injury to where he couldn't shoot for takedowns (odd I know), that kind of made a bit more sense. If he shows up like he did in the quarterfinals I think it could be an easy win for him, but who knows which version we see.

Not understanding the confidence on Pannie. She is garbage, and as for her being "experienced", so was Larissa Pacheco...who was stopped by Macy Chiasson.

Macy has plenty of flaws, but there are at least a few things she does well, and she has some stopping power, which is more than can be said for her opponent.
Yeah but Pacheco is a can crusher, Pannie has much higher level experience and she's just a better overall fighter and athlete compared to Pacheco

To me, this cast is one of, if not the worst bunch of fighters I've seen..I think Pannie will win fairly easily. I also think Leah Letson is absolutely terrible even though she believes she's gonna be champion one day lol, I can see her getting submitted by Julija in an "upset."
Yeah I don't think she's going to be champ but I like her attitude and I think she'll beat Julija convincingly. Letson just looks better everywhere and I like her pressure. Julija is super hittable and she pulls guard. Letson said she likes the match up and likes to be in top position, worked a lot of armbar defense too.

I like Pannie too, was going back and forth for a while but I like the more experienced and well rounded fighter. Pannie looks better than ever right now and I think she's got her confidence back. Pannie is for sure the most skilled fighter on this season and I think she outstrikes Macy over 3 rounds.

Both Macy's TUF opponents initiated the clinch and both ended up paying for it, hope Pannie does different.

Yeah I don't think she's going to be champ but I like her attitude and I think she'll beat Julija convincingly. Letson just looks better everywhere and I like her pressure. Julija is super hittable and she pulls guard. Letson said she likes the match up and likes to be in top position, worked a lot of armbar defense too.

I like Pannie too, was going back and forth for a while but I like the more experienced and well rounded fighter. Pannie looks better than ever right now and I think she's got her confidence back. Pannie is for sure the most skilled fighter on this season and I think she outstrikes Macy over 3 rounds.

Both Macy's TUF opponents initiated the clinch and both ended up paying for it, hope Pannie does different.
I agree Julija is super hittable, but so is Leah. It just seems like Leah gets put in bad positions at times and that could be enough for Julija to get a submission, we shall see I guess

I agree Julija is super hittable, but so is Leah. It just seems like Leah gets put in bad positions at times and that could be enough for Julija to get a submission, we shall see I guess
Letson is a BJJ purple belt, Juljia is a brownbelt but she got that in Lithuania, I don't think there is much of a gap in grappling. Letson is probably the better wrestler but I hate how she got taken down with head and arm throws on TUF

I think this probably goes all 3, I trust Letson's style to look better for the judges, she'll be the one pressuring and looking for top position.

Yeah but Pacheco is a can crusher,

And Pannie isn't? Pacheco's lone good win is a young Irene Aldana and Pannie's lone good win is Rose-Clark. Everyone else both women have beaten is a can, including Lansberg making her pro debut against Pannie.

Anyways, the point is that "experience!" isn't a very good argument when we're talking about this level of WMMA.

Dianabol said:
Pannie is for sure the most skilled fighter on this season and I think she outstrikes Macy over 3 rounds.

Can you explain how? Have you seen Macy Chiasson's fights outside of TUF? I did, and while she has many flaws beginning with her stance, she has significantly better stand-up than Pannie does, not even counting the huge physical advantage.

Pannie beat Lehner, who was outstriking her, with takedowns. That's fine against a small 135-pounder with zero grappling, but it won't work against the much larger, stronger, solid 145-pounder with some actual wrestling and jits skills.

Then Pannie had a very competitive stand-up war over 3 rounds with Stoliarenko, whose stand-up is hot garbage, arguably losing the first round and getting busted up.

Dianabol said:

There's a reason both opponents initiated the clinch. They didn't want to eat a steady diet of jabs and solid body kicks in the stand-up.

And Pannie isn't? Pacheco's lone good win is a young Irene Aldana and Pannie's lone good win is Rose-Clark. Everyone else both women have beaten is a can, including Lansberg making her pro debut against Pannie.

Anyways, the point is that "experience!" isn't a very good argument when we're talking about this level of WMMA.

Can you explain how? Have you seen Macy Chiasson's fights outside of TUF? I did, and while she has many flaws beginning with her stance, she has significantly better stand-up than Pannie does, not even counting the huge physical advantage.

Pannie beat Lehner, who was outstriking her, with takedowns. That's fine against a small 135-pounder with zero grappling, but it won't work against the much larger, stronger, solid 145-pounder with some actual wrestling and jits skills.

Then Pannie had a very competitive stand-up war over 3 rounds with Stoliarenko, whose stand-up is hot garbage, arguably losing the first round and getting busted up.

There's a reason both opponents initiated the clinch. They didn't want to eat a steady diet of jabs and solid body kicks in the stand-up.
Don't compare Pacheco to Pannie please, Pannie is levels above and Pacheco only has one pro fight in the last four years, she's a bum, beating her isn't impressive at all.

Letson was a decent win for Macy but Letson was looking good in that fight until she got reversed on the fence. Letson was winning the striking and the clinch prior to the knees.

Pannie was not getting outstruck by Lehner, it was competitive but Pannie was winning the exchanges and she ended up grinding her out easily. Against Julija, Pannie was dominating the whole fight. She got hit with like 2 jabs and her nose started bleeding but she took very little damage in that fight and landed a lot of her own shots.

Pannie has 13 pro fights, Macy has 2, thats a massive difference in experience. Pannie is also younger and she's been doing martial arts her whole life, started boxing at 13.

Pannie is the more skilled striker, she's got decent muay thai, throws nice combinations, good left hook. Macy is dangerous but I don't think there's as much depth to her striking compared to Pannie's. Macy might look good early but Pannie should take over as the fight goes on, her skill will show.

Both girls are BJJ purple belts but I think Pannie will be the one looking for TD's, I also think Pannie is the better wrestler, her TD's and TDD look very solid on TUF. Her striking to wrestling transitions look nice.

Pannie has never looked as good as she's looking right now. She may not be one of the bigger 145er's but she did cut a lot to make 135 and even missed weight a couple times in Invicta. She's healthier at 145 and has more energy.

Macy is a big strong girl, she's dangerous, she's improving but she's not the better fighter.

Don't compare Pacheco to Pannie please, Pannie is levels above and Pacheco only has one pro fight in the last four years, she's a bum, beating her isn't impressive at all.

And yet, Pacheco is arguably a better win than anyone Pannie has beaten in her own career, TUF included.

This is pure hindsight bias, anyways. Going into TUF, Pannie, who had suffered an embarrassing 3-fight losing streak from 2015 to the beginning of 2018, wasn't considered substantially better than Pacheco.

Dianabol said:
Letson was a decent win for Macy but Letson was looking good in that fight until she got reversed on the fence. Letson was winning the striking and the clinch prior to the knees.

Letson was "winning" the 1 minute of stand-up where each fighter connected with about 2 insignificant strikes each? And this is what you judge Macy's striking on? I recommend going back and watching her Invicta 29 fight.

As for the clinch, what are you talking about here? Macy took Letson down, ground-and-pounded her, and then proceeded to finish her with knees to the body when she stood back up.

Letson lost the clinch battle about as badly as it's possible to.

Dianabol said:
Pannie was not getting outstruck by Lehner, it was competitive but Pannie was winning the exchanges and she ended up grinding her out easily. Against Julija, Pannie was dominating the whole fight. She got hit with like 2 jabs and her nose started bleeding but she took very little damage in that fight and landed a lot of her own shots.

What fights are you watching here? Lehner was winning the round until being taken down, and then Pannie won the second by immediately taking her down there, too.

As for the fight against Stoliarenko, wow. If you think Pannie's face looking like it went through a meat grinder was the result of "2 jabs", I don't know what to tell you, except you're not watching the fights very closely.

Incidentally, not even Pannie's own corner agrees with you that she was "dominating the whole fight", as they thought the first was very close, and one judge gave that round to Stoliarenko.

Dianabol said:
Pannie has 13 pro fights, Macy has 2, thats a massive difference in experience. Pannie is also younger and she's been doing martial arts her whole life, started boxing at 13.

By this sterling logic, Pacheco should have destroyed Macy, too. How did that one turn out?

Dianabol said:
Pannie is the more skilled striker, she's got decent muay thai, throws nice combinations, good left hook.

Yeah, we really have no common ground here. As an amateur boxer, I can say that Pannie's "left hook" is one of the worst abominations I've ever seen, even by the standards of WMMA.

Back