TUF Tate VS Rousey EPISODE 1 DISCUSSION

Yeah she looked great.

And did anyone catch this? lol

2wgw2h1.gif

The stone cold guy.

That dude looks like an outgrown midget. Good fighter though, i like him.

"Took somebody else lotto ticket and tore it up"

House fight causes a cut/injury forcing somebody out of competition?

"Took somebody else lotto ticket and tore it up"

House fight causes a cut/injury forcing somebody out of competition?

He probably didn't make weight or decided he wants to go home because he misses his family...

Isn't that more logical than your crazy explanation xD

So I had some time on my hands and downloaded episode 1....
Worst episode 1 of any season apart from 'Let me bang bro'. Full of highlights, no memorable finishes, chicks with 1-3-1 and 3-3 records and Rousey looking moody and aloof while Tate fanned herself like a fucking cheerleader with a piece of paper.

Not a single fighter I can root for, apart from maybe the dude who beat cancer - I predict a season full of decisions, crying and bitching. That cast was so forgettable and questionable, its ridiculous - I know WMMA is thin, but couldn't they find girls with better records than that?! Apart from 2-3 female fighters, it might as well be 'TUF - KOTC Edition' in terms of records.

Skipping the rest of the season, I've seen enough.

Worst episode 1 of any season apart from 'Let me bang bro'. Full of highlights, no memorable finishes, chicks with 1-3-1 and 3-3 records and Rousey looking moody and aloof while Tate fanned herself like a fucking cheerleader with a piece of paper.

Not a single fighter I can root for, apart from maybe the dude who beat cancer - I predict a season full of decisions, crying and bitching. That cast was so forgettable and questionable, its ridiculous - I know WMMA is thin, but couldn't they find girls with better records than that?! Apart from 2-3 female fighters, it might as well be 'TUF - KOTC Edition' in terms of records.

Stop bitching ,we saw girl with record 21-3 get beat by a girl with 3-1 record...

So fuck records... They got best that there is.. It is better to take some girls with 3-1 records if they fought 4 though opponents than some chick from local show with 10-0 record...

yeah wasn't impressed either. and the french canadian chick who was by far the hottest, lost so meh. i'll just read the recaps from now on.

Because records mean everything, right?

How many times have we seen the undefeated, hype kid get knocked out in the first round?

We've seen guys with subpar records come in and win it. Or come in lose and still make it in the UFC.

We've seen guys who have all ready fought in the UFC and get beat by somebody who hasn't.

Then again, we've seen guys get beat in the first round then come into the UFC and have pretty good careers.

Records don't necessarily dictate the quality of the fighter. Will this season be the next TUF 1? Most likely not, in terms of male fighters.

But it could definitely add some depth to the women.

It's your opinion and choice, and you're more than welcome to it. But in my opinion, it is unnecessarily pessimistic.

Winslow announcing the winners was great. Look out Buffer!

Tim Gorman might be the biggest reason I continue watching this show.

Watched it last night and enjoyed it mostly because of the women, all the men to me came off as boring and lacking in personality.

I was stoked on the show based on the interviews with several fighters, and then Ronda was shown walking in and I had this huge sigh because I completely forgot we're going to have to bear with her the whole time. LUCKILY FOR US! Miesha in shorts - first thing my girlfriend said was wow she is WAYYYY hotter than Ronda! and Why does Ronda's makeup always look like its smudged off?

Every girl promo I think had more heart/fire/personality to it than the men. The men came off as arrogant and doing it to "kick ass and be macho" the girls look like they've got something to prove!

The fight selections irked me quite a bit, why the hell were the two european guys with the least amount of experience paired to fight? now a slot is taken by a guy who as DW put it "wasted 15 minutes of his life!"

Team picks were a bit off, I think Tate got the better men but Rousey got the better women for sure

-Jessamyn Duke is a looker and can definitely throw down, could be a star in the making for sure!
-Glad to see Roxanne Modaferri make it in the house and end her losing streak
-Haven't quite followed Shayna Baszlers career but at 15-8 I don't see where the hype comes from despite being the most experience on both mens and womens sides...

-Cody Bollinger looks like a victim of aids, hope the drop to 135 helps his career, because Shamhalaev absolutely destroyed him in bellator at 145
-Sucks the two flyweights couldn't make it through to the next round but they definitely held their own in there

There's both a female and a male fighter in the house that share my girlfriend and I's name, if they hook up my mind will implode but nerds don't usually hook up with baby daddys

also I dislike Ronda but "Peggy don't give a Fuck" is probably going to be this woman's fight-shirt tagline for the rest of her life

I'll be honest, I just don't find WMMA fights that interesting. That being said, I'll tune in this season and I haven't for a while. I'll be pulling for Meisha because she is hotter than an Alabama summer.

Last edited:
Just wondering, what channel was it on?

Hahaha, all the dumb haters who vowed to never watch an episode of TUF 18 are ofcourse following the premier closely, just so they can search for something to bitch and whine about in this thread.

Oh Shertards, you guys are just too predictable nowadays.

Back