Turinabol Metabolite Detection Time: 40-50 Days

This is of course a rough estimation, but it's still quite telling.

A medical dose of turinabol for males is 5-10mg daily. Let's assume for simplicity that he ingested a single 5mg dose.

Jones tested positive for 60 picograms which equals 0.00000006 mg

The half life of turinabol is 16 hours and it takes ~420 hours or 17.5 days for the 5mg dose to reach 60 picograms.

In other words, the spin that is such an unthinkably infinitesimal amount is misleading given that it can reach such levels in a relatively short period of time after a significant dose.

I used an internet half life calculator for this and plugged in the variables, so please check my work, but given my belt level on Sherdog I'm highly unlikely to be incorrect about such matters.
What is the overall judgement here?

Like Mark Richard Hunt so eloquently said, happy new fucken steroid year!

He didn't test for this quantity. There is no quantitative testing for turinabol. This is a rough estimate done by some "expert" at the usada lab. Something like Meltzer reporting on ppv sales, but 100x more inacurate.

A medical dose of turinabol for males is 5-10mg daily. Let's assume for simplicity that he ingested a single 5mg dose.

The half life of turinabol is 16 hours and it takes ~420 hours or 17.5 days for the 5mg dose to reach 60 picograms.

In other words, the spin that is such an unthinkably infinitesimal amount is misleading given that it can reach such levels in a relatively short period of time after a significant dose.

I used an internet half life calculator for this and plugged in the variables, so please check my work, but given my belt level on Sherdog I'm highly unlikely to be incorrect about such matters.
He tested positive for M3 metabolite. Never the parent drug even in the test in which he popped back in 2017

SimpleLimpIndusriverdolphin-max-1mb.gif
Eddie is the prime example of someone who can be talented in one niche area and retarded in all others

So it’s possible to be actually retarded and smart

Amazing

He tested positive for M3 metabolite. Never the parent drug even in the test in which he popped back in 2017

That would only further hurt his case, a minuscule level of metabolite 17 months ago still existing in fairly comparable levels without any further ingestion.

He didnt test positive for turinabol, so the half life of turinabol is utterly irrelevant.

he tested positive for 4-chloro-18-nor-1713-hydroxymethy1,17a-methyl-5a-androst-13-en-3a-ol (M3)

Turinabol is dehydrochlormethyltestosterone (DHCMT)

The long term metabolite M3 is not the same as DHCMT

I think he’s as guilty as anyone but… a form of turinabol can be detected up to 18months.
https://www.steroid.com/steroid_detection_times.php

thats bollocks, they have literally pulled some of those numbers out of their arse.

They probably saw the 2012 olympic retests in 2014 and thought 2014-2012 = 2 years

Even if this is accurate, those time frames would follow the ingestion of a full dose. Jones was already down to a minuscule level of metabolite 17 months ago.

Oh no doubt. I dont protest his innocence, I’m merely saying it doesn’t clear your system in 40-50 days.

You don't need to be an expert bro. You can look up the half life of any known drug on the internet in 5 minutes, it's not hard. This isn't top secret knowledge.
and can u please tell how many half lives it takes for the drug to completely go out of your system?

and can u please tell how many half lives it takes for the drug to completely go out of your system?

It depends on the drug. But for many common-tested for drugs like coke, 3 half lives are sufficient. It really is drug dependent though since they often test for the metabolites of a drug, ie what it breaks down to in your body, and those metabolites can have wildly different half-lives than the drug itself.

You contradicted yourself. Just reading up on half lives does not mean or tell you anything. Like you said yourself there is a half life of the actual drug and then its different metabolites, also after half life only 'half' the quantity is cleared. SO if you took a gram, then it will take a lot of half lives to bring it down to a nanogram. Also you have to take into account the volume of distribution, structure of the drug and fat/adipose affinity. Why is everybody acting like a drug pharmacokinetics expert on sherdog?[/QUOTE]

“To take that, you would traditionally take that in a stack,” he explained. “I don’t know what Jon did, I’m speculating off of what I’ve done. If they catch something like that, they missed the good stuff.

“So yeah, he’s got to deal with this. There’s no contaminated substance — this stuff is pretty hard to get. It’s pretty expensive, if you do get it.”

-Chael Sonnen, 2017

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
This Island Earth
Back