Crime Two adults and three children hospitalised after Stabbing in Dublin

650lb Sumo

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score

_131803449_c8271b12201317ca1af6189e9dd481de1ed5e9bc.jpg.webp

Five people, including three children, have been taken to hospital after a serious incident in Dublin, Irish police say.

Irish broadcaster RTÉ have reported the injuries have come from a suspected stabbing incident.

It happened shortly after 1:40pm on Parnell Square East, not far from one of the city's busiest streets, O'Connell Street.

The casualties are a man, a woman and three young children.

One of the children, a girl, and the woman are being treated for serious injuries.

An eyewitness told RTÉ how she and another bystander disarmed a man with a knife.

Siobhan Kearney described the scene as 'absolutely bedlam'.

'Without thinking, I just took across the road to help out,' she said.

'Two children and the woman were taken back into the school where they were coming from.'

_131803447_7e0e5423eed1529f6ab820ddaf2dfbba536c3cda-1.jpg.webp

On the man with the knife, she said that he was on the ground and there were a lot of people trying to restrain him.

'Me and an American lady formed a ring around him saying we'd wait on the Garda.'

The area has been sealed off and declared a crime scene.

An Garda Síochána said it is following a definite line of inquiry and not looking for any other person at this time.

In a statement, the Irish Minister for Justice Helen McEntee

LmpwZw

said she was 'deeply shocked by the appalling attack'.

Edit: Update
Update Two
Update Three
Update Four
Update Five

Update Six
Update Seven
Update Eight
Update Nine
Update Ten

Update 11
Update 12
Update 13
Update 14
Update 15

Update 16

@Oku merging the threads broke all my update links (presumably that's what it was). Perhaps that could be fixed in the upgrade. I fixed them.

Last edited:
That sad and scary. I wonder what his motivation was or if he's just crazy.

Not trying to make light of the subject or victims but I'm glad it wasn't gun.

usually these are random attacks. Often when things happen in Ireland they don't release a motive or cause and it falls into the background by the time they do.

Update:

A man in his 50s stabbed a 5 year old boy, a 5 year old girl, a 6 year old girl and a woman in her 30s outside the Gaelscoil Choláiste Mhuire school at Parnell Square East, in a busy part of Dublin before being overpowered and detained by members of the public.

Some accounts said the attack happened as the children were emerging from the school. Gaelscoil Choláiste Mhuire is an Irish-medium primary school with 172 pupils based in a four-storey Georgian building.

The 5 year old girl is seriously injured and is receiving emergency treatment.

The boy and the 6 year old girl were less seriously injured. The boy has been discharged from hospital.

The woman and the attacker are in hospital with serious injuries.

Supt Liam Geraghty said... that although it is early in the investigation, Gardaí are confident that there is 'no terror-related activity' and that it would appear to be a 'standalone attack'.

That’s fucked. Is this what Conor is going off about on twitter?

The fact that people are rioting right now and the media is banging on about "the far right" tells you what you need to know about the culprit. It's absolutely obvious.

And the fact this guy was disarmed by fat Irish women and stabbed 5yr old kids tells you everything you need to know about him as a "man".

They will delay releasing his name and mugshot for as long as possible.

The fact that people are rioting right now and the media is banging on about "the far right" tells you what you need to know about the culprit. It's absolutely obvious.

And the fact this guy was disarmed by fat Irish women and stabbed 5yr old kids tells you everything you need to know about him as a "man".

They will delay releasing his name and mugshot for as long as possible.
there's pictures of the guy on 4chan

Back