Tyron Woodley - "I'm not respected by the people for being a Champion."

Maybe because his fights can be dull, and he's always fucking complaining and playing the victim. Or maybe it's because MMA fans don't like their champions to be so "well spoken"

<seedat>

Considering that since he won the title (after sitting out for over a year) he's spent 15 rounds with his back against the fence for the majority of those fights, and even set the record for the least number of strikes....it's not hard to see why people aren't very enamored with him.

Gotta win fans over. He is a very talented guy, but he isn't the most likable guy because he whines so much. He needs to go in the cage and try to kill dudes. He has the ability.

"in every Tyron thread, there's always a triggered racist cuck who jerks off to posting this gif.

Stay salty my dudes."

Ok, is it someone specific you already feel is a racist that keeps posting that Gif ?
Or is anyone who posts that Gif a "racist cuck" ?

I don’t understand the fascination that some people, many in the US, have with “respect”. Think - “to dis", "to be diss'in", or "to have diss'ed". Some people get really bent out of shape over this.

Tyron, you are great at winning, there I said it. Happy? However, your style is boring and you whine a lot. I will not pay to watch you fight.

WTF does that even mean???? It's not a game of tag, it's a fight. Both dudes are supposed to fight for and win the belt. He's not supposed to just show up and hang back on the cage for 25 minutes and prevent the other guy from taking him out.

He is supposed to dispose of challengers, that is how you gain respect as a champion.
bj-penn-knee-o.gif

like this?

He's a good fighter. Honestly, he never had an "easy" fight in a while. He is a bit overcautious in his approach in fighting.

I thought the whole the people don't respect me bit was part of his heel persona. I mean he trolls people inside the cage with his performances, he trolls people outside with his schtick, he probably realized he'd never be popular and went the other way.

I respect the fact he's a defending champ and takes on all comers at the end of the day.

And not one god damn thing more, dude is unbearable.
He does not take all comers. He told RDA to wait!

He does not take all comers. He told RDA to wait!

He plays the dick but at the end of the day he does show up and fight whoever. He wouldn't have rematched wonderboy on defended against Maia if that was the case. He would've held out for his money fight imo.

He should shut up and fight whoever he’s given, not call out GSP, Conor or Nate.

Also he shouldn’t bitch considering his Maia fight was top 5 most boring title fights in history

He last fought 6 months ago and doesn't even have a fight scheduled as far as I know. Casual fans don't even know this division exists anymore. He should have fought covington. I believe covington will force that fight though

I have very mixed feelings on the guy. I've always supported him even early in his career because he was my "hometown" favorite and I definitely think he's in the very top tier of most talented WWs ever. Hell, his title run might be boring in the latter half but I give him the full credit for those wins because of how difficult those match ups were (although I had Wonderboy winning the second fight but I didn't feel too strongly either way). He fought smart and nullified three of the best WWs ever.

I just don't like his whole "poor me" attitude and how he refuses to acknowledge that he plays the victim. He kept telling Joe "you WANT me to be frustrated". What does that even mean? He constantly talks about how mistreated he is because fans don't treat him like Conor and then makes it everyone else's problem. I don't get it but I feel like his kind of entitled attitude distracts from his actual skill set.

I lost interest in him after he beat one ranked guy and waited a year for title shot. Then turns into the most annoying guy on the roster.

Beat Rory Macdonald, try a little harder to finish fights.

I'm just an angry old bitter GSP fan who finds the standard Tyron is held too compared to what GSP was, and is held to, a joke.

Nobody accepts that GSP's opponents shell up and do nothing, but excuse Tyron's defensive fights via his opponent's abilities.
Sherdoggers to this day call GSP a lay and prayer, while having more passes and sub attempts in his title run than Tyron's entire career totals.
Who has ever excused GSP's fights with "at least he defends"? I wish I was clever enough to call GSP haters racist.

As for being respected like Lawler and Condit, good luck. Those guys don't have the respect they do because of their win count. They fight and conduct themselves with honor, for the most part.

Tyron on the other hand won't take a strong position when he talks. People say he plays the race card, but he rarely does, what he did do was indirectly play it for a reader/veiwer to determine themselves. He has mostly dropped that. He used similar tactics on the Rogan show trying to create sympathy and Rogan would call him out for it, and Tyron would quickly deny doing it. I'm not saying he's an awful person, he's difficult to talk to imo. I would be frustrated talking to a person like this and don't really enjoy listening to him. He seems to be posturing and selling himself way too much. He wants to be loved but won't admit it.

As a fighter, he's fine. He's boring, but he's fine. It's a problem, another set of techniques for someone to solve. If you're a poster who goes around calling fighters boring, don't pretend Tyron is something else.
Sorry, but GSP was incredibly boring even in dominance in his post-Serra run, and not all that thrilling before it. Rather than longing for that bygone era of snoozefests, GSP fans should recognize and appreciate the opportunity Tyron presents to rehabilitate GSP's legacy.

Where do you think the Jackson-Wink boring point fighter meta originated? (lol @ GSP "having more passes and sub attempts"...he also ate more poutine!)

At the end of the day, Tyron is a threateningly-jacked black dude in a fringe sport. He talks about black issues. He will never receive the benefit of the doubt from the majority of white fans. This is America. They ate Colin K's career like a cheeseburger for doing less. Let's not delude ourselves in recognizing who the bad guys are in this scenario.

Ironically, this lack of fan generosity is exactly what drives Woodley to "fight safe." Absent fan love, he simply needs job security (and dem PvP points). It's a self-fulfilling prophecy that shitty fans are responsible for as much as Woodley.

Thank yourselves, Sherdog. But take comfort in knowing that your insufferably tedious racism and historical obliviousness had an impact. With GSP, you begged and pleaded and bitched and cajoled, and you got almost nothing. Here, with Tyron, your whining has worked...just not how you wanted.

Last edited:
Back