Media *** Tyson Fury vs. Francis Ngannou Post Fight Discussion MEGATHREAD ***

How does the fight go?

• Total voters
lol Best HW boxer in the world fights an 0-0 boxer and gets his ass kicked.

It was a gutless, embarrassing performance by Fury.

Fury gave gallant performances against Wilder, but I think he took Ngannou lightly.

Still can't believe how good Ngannou did against the lineal Heavyweight Champion.

Ironically Francis did himself a disservice by not reacting to it. Real time it could have looked like nothing to the ref.

I'm amazed it didn't cut him.

I think if the Bellator thing falls through Francis's MMA career is over. That was really the only place that could offer him quality HW(or even LHW) opponents.

He really doesn't need MMA at this point. He left the UFC HW champ, KOing Stipe. He can make way more money in boxing and can get at least 1 big fight based off his performance.

Don't kind yourself, he's not the better boxer and gets KOed by Wilder.

This was the precedent

Muhammad-Ali-Antonio-Inoki.jpg

That fight didn’t sell nuthin. McGregor vs Mayweather is the only reason Ngannou thought he could make money.

MMA casuals are singlehandedly carrying the hype for the charade, please stop.

MMA fans are so invested it’s crazy lol

You’re not wrong, at surface level Ngannou had a better crossover fight than Conor.

To be fair, even that 2017 version of Floyd was light years ahead of Fury in skill, athleticism and professionalism.
That's not what everyone was saying before this fight. I like how everyone's thoughts and opinions changed after the result.

Last edited:
i find that to be a tough sell. i couldn’t see francis medaling in the olympics with his current skills tbh wilder doesn’t fight the same way in the pros that he did in the ammys but still. wilder’s distance management is pretty stellar no matter how ugly his punches are.

I think wilder actually hits way harder than Francis, but Francis doesn’t need to swing as wildly to generate power due to his size and weight

Many people thought Ngannou won. Lots of people still in disbelief that Sean beat Izzy convincingly

Absolutely nobody who knows a lick about boxing thinks Ngannou won. It was him winging haymakers at a shadow boxing Fury who’s gonna milk MMA casuals for another easy payday in the rematch.

These matches are quick money grabs.

Back