Media *** Tyson Fury vs. Francis Ngannou Post Fight Discussion MEGATHREAD ***

How does the fight go?

• Total voters
I'm gonna fence sit and just say I need to watch the fight this time scoring round by round. My overall impression was that Ngannou won more rounds, and I expected him to get the decision.

Are you seriously upset Ngannou lost a decision in boxing?

Boxing gonna boxing. It’s not serious bud, save your money next time.

<Oku04>

Stream was free bud.

Do make sure you get a good sleep tonight, this has been an emotionally draining day for you.

<Dany07>

Let us remember the first Fury vs Wilder fight, where Tyson maybe could have lost that fight to a split decision because of the knockdown.
Instead it was a draw,....ok,...what happened in the second fight,...Fury whooped his ass.
I believe this fight here,....not saying he didnt have trouble with Francis, or Wilder in the first fight, but he does know how to build and re match, for a boatload more money; Fury is a master manipulator; its that Gypsy blood in the family lol.

This is why some people believe the Earth is flat.

Wilder is not taking that fight. Regardless, there is a massive size and strength difference there. At Wilder's regular size we're talking 50 pounds here. But Wilder does match up better because he is fast with that awkward right hand. I still say Ngannou's titanium head eats whatever Wilder lands on him and Francis gets a clean KO.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/boxin...e/news-story/95f790cf63326ad8c3dbc3d0f2d4e1ce

19 seconds on the 10 count as a heads up. Not KO'd but definitely hurt.
I'd sit there taking my time too if my opponent (just like Wilder) didn't go to a neutral corner and instead opted to give me more time to rest. He got clipped behind the ear, lost his equilibrium. People are trying to paint it as Fury getting chin checked, dropped, and barely making a count, when it was far from it.
Let us remember the first Fury vs Wilder fight, where Tyson maybe could have lost that fight to a split decision because of the knockdown.
Instead it was a draw,....ok,...what happened in the second fight,...Fury whooped his ass.
I believe this fight here,....not saying he didnt have trouble with Francis, or Wilder in the first fight, but he does know how to build and re match, for a boatload more money; Fury is a master manipulator; its that Gypsy blood in the family lol.
>gypsies
>master manipulators
Tell me you've never had any interaction whatsoever with gypsies without telling me directly contest winner.

Did so in the worst way possible then, since now a lot of people will think Francis and he are on a similar level in terms of skill, nevermind those who outright think Francis won.

When Floyd carried Conor he made it clear who was in the driver's seat and also took the judges out of the equation. No matter which way you slice it, Fury's stock has gone down.

I think it's insane to claim he carried him. If you're some kind of coping boxing purist the only reasonable line of coping to go with is that Fury didn't take him seriously.

Wilder and Usyk are legit but the rest not so much.

I think modern HWs or maybe fighters in general being overrated has a lot more to do with combat fans low standards. Its super low.

Been saying that since day 1.

I don't think so. Fury took Ngannou very lightly, anything can happen in the heavyweight division, there's no chance you'd see this happen to anything below heavyweight. I mean Lucas Browne of all people was able to make the top 15 rankings after a brief run in MMA and win a major belt after switching careers and then out of all people he got smashed by Paul Gallen, a 40 year old retired Rugby player turned part time boxer.

I agree that the difference in ability between modern top boxers and the ones of yesteryear is overestimated by many, but I'm not sure this fight proves it. It's easy for someone to say "but Ngannou had modern boxing training the last couple years!" etcetc

Or how about this, guys….

Fury didn’t take it seriously. Looked terribly out of shape. Found it more competitive than he thought it would be because Francis is an athletic monster and the fight was closer than most thought ot would be.

I mean congrats to Francis, but Fury almost did not throw anything. I think he might have injured his hands in training.

Dude got up off his couch and factually showed up fatter than he has for any fight in his career. His whole marketing pitch for the fight was him showing up shirtless out of shape to every press conference.

Kind of like when Mayweather would show up to the Conor press conferences claiming he was old and slowing down lol.

Boxing is a foul game and now they’ve found ways to tap into MMA money.

The moment Fury got dropped he went into "boxing" mode to save the Usyk fight

He knew he would win a decision no matter what with all the money put into the Usyk fight

So he tried to just jab around and pitter-pat to win a decision and still failed cause Francis kept catching him at times

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kechan123
Back