Media *** Tyson Fury vs. Francis Ngannou Post Fight Discussion MEGATHREAD ***

How does the fight go?

• Total voters
boxing is scored differently than mma and is intentionally vague. judges can rank accuracy and defense as a reason why fighter A won a round (assuming punch count was similar). sounds like two of the judges valued defense/accuracy/slipping, and the other judge awarded damage and significant strikes more than accuracy.

This thread made me check what Chael is saying now about Ngannou.

Is he praising Ngannou? Is he saying he was wrong to say Francis was wrong to leave the UFC, that Francis won't get a big boxing fight and that Francis will have no chance against Fury?

Nope. His video is trying to make fun of Francis for talking about how nobody believed in him, by saying it's impossible for someone who's naturally tall and athletic to have had a difficult come up or to have people not believe in him. Never mind that being tall and athletic doesn't guarantee encouragement and success if you're from a broken home with a violent father who's infamous in your area, are a social outcast in school due to poverty, can't afford school and have to work in sand mines and are a low-wage worker in a 3rd world country so can't afford to train and live in a country where the sport you want to do is barely available.

Chael was one of the people post-UFC who said Francis made a mistake and couldn't find success outside the UFC, but now is trying to gaslight anyone who's stupid or masochistic enough to watch him by claiming that narrative never existed. Pretty gross.
He'll probably move the goalposts over and over against anyone who's going against the UFC, so that he can always criticise them.

Here's another important point: Ngannou arguably won a boxing match against Fury, while Gane outstruck Ngannou clearly when they fought.
Francis had fucked up knees on the Gane fight. He was completely flat flooded, almost as if he was walking after Gane. Just compare his movement with the Stipe rematch and last night fight.

"Never"
"But once"
Lol

boxing literally has weirdos in bowties doing commentary sounding like a bunch of nancies. why wouldn't brainwashed boxing fans do the same. low iq sport for low iq masses.

You look at boxing 20 years ago with Tyson, Lewis, Holyfield, Bowe etc and they would have Murked and MMA fighter. Boxing is desperate

If a HW boxer with zero MMA fights signed to fight Jon Jones in the cage you wouldn't give him a prayer. But Francis is just the man to beat Fury. Funny.
Difference is boxers train boxing only. Ngannou has done more boxing training in his career then any of the other training involved in mma. He has also done a lot of sparring. GSP would go to the Grant Brothers Gym and train with world champions so put him in a boxing match and he has the basics. Boxers do not grapple.

And... I bet a bunch of punches landed in the stats are from Fury during tie ups when the ref is trying to separate them LOL LOL. dude was holding on for dear life throughout the fight.

Not to be a UFC apologist or anything, but the UFC gave Ngannou the platform to build his popularity allowing him to fight a top boxer like Fury. If he were to come into boxing from the streets he'd probably be fighting some can in a bingo hall somewhere..
While literally true, the reverse is far truer. Francis worked his ass off starting as a homeless man to become this destroyer fighter, and the UFC utilized that as part of their money-making show. The UFC's virtual monopoly made it sure that they were the road he had to travel to get there, but there is nothing special about the UFC in that regard. I don't think Mike Tyson should have thanked the WBC/WBA for making him who he was; they just provided the necessary platform for him to fight under like the UFC did for Francis.

if mendes had a full camp mcgregor would be living in a hut
What if Sean Strickland had a full camp? Izzy be in a casket? Full camps are overrated. Jon Jones had a full camp for Stipe what’s he do got injured. How many of these fighters get injured in training camp but fight injured? I think as long as these guys a fresh and training normally it’s almost a wash.

Fury had the better percentage in power punches. Francis threw more and missed more than Fury.
Francis took the L.

Percentage does NOT matter. If I throw 1000 punches and land 100 and you throw 100 and land 100, we both landed 100. Percentage means nothing when judging a fight. It CAN tell the story of why a fighter lost, such as getting tired from throwing and missing, but it should not be a criteria for scoring.

imagine being an MMA fan, on one of the oldest MMA forums, and upset that the MMA former UFC HW champion had a solid performance against Tyson Fury. Make it make sense.

It's pretty easy to understand when you realize that a lot of people here hate the fighters.

They might have one or two that they like personally, but generally, they're just here to talk shit about them.

This sport is decided by milliseconds. And one fight can't be the difference between a fighter being broke a year after hanging up the gloves, or having generational wealth.

That's why it's absolutely disgusting we have people that have never competed at anything in their life judging fights and compromising entire careers

Someone that can actually score boxing. Francis did far better than expected and fury took him too lightly.

Someone should tell all the pro boxers who think that he won that "efficiency" is in the rulebook.

Nothing really changes except for maybe Francis getting more high-profile boxing fights. At 37 years old I'm not quite sure he has much tank in the gas tank left.

The state of boxing right now legitimately sucks imo and this fight changes nothing.
He probs has 2-3 years left. Wilder and rematch with Fury in Boxing and whatever cans he wants to crush in the meantime in PFL and then off to enjoying the his fruits of his labour watching a sunset with his family.

Yeah. Also dropped him, was the one who was the aggressor and put pressure and even rocked Fury twice.

Francis was not the aggressor what are your talking about Francis is a counter fighter, Francis was taking rounds off because he was tired. Apart from the shot behind the ear we didnt see Francis power translate to Boxing. It was a good effort by Francis to go the distance but Fury won the fight.

Lol boxing snobs are really struggling with this one. As expected, the goal post shifts yet again.

No one is saying that boxing is BS. Franc is a freak, and there’s other freaks out there at smaller weight classes that could produce a similar result, or better.
I am more of a MMA fan than Boxing, name a few lower weight class guys who could walk in and be competitive with the current Boxing Champ. I just don't see it being close, like you said Franc is a freak and it happens to be the one weight class where a man with zero professional boxing matches can walk in and go toe to toe with the best in the world.

not in power punches/significant punches. Fury only outlanded Ngannou in only two rounds in power punches/significant punches LOL

i think you think power punches mean really hard punches. Nganou did awesome but lost the fight. Nganou won 3 rounds.
i would have been happy if Nganou got the nod as fury showed up like that and fought slopppy and was gassed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back