ucf wrestling

tekkenfan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
How good is ucf wrestling i have the chance to workout with them was curious how good are they

How good is ucf wrestling i have the chance to workout with them was curious how good are they
Most of their kids were state qualifiers or placers in high school. Probably as good a room as you're going to find in FL other than a few of the top high schools.

Most of their kids were state qualifiers or placers in high school. Probably as good a room as you're going to find in FL other than a few of the top high schools.
Pretty much this asides from the college program Javi is building up

would you consider it to be the best wrestling you can find in florida? if not then where do you think it is?

Lake Highland Prep, Osceola, Brandon, that one mma team, Southeastern U, it’s Florida so your options are limited Due to a lot of factors

luckly its all in orlando so you dont think anyone there is d 1 level skilled right

luckly its all in orlando so you dont think anyone there is d 1 level skilled right

There could be.

Florida has no D1 level schools and the closest states that have D1 programs are NC and VA (besides the Citadel).

So if kids want to wrestle after HS and don't want to go that far from home programs like this are the alternative.

I don't know anybody at this program but I'm sure they have kids that could walk onto a D1 program and be a backup and possible become a starter.

What are you goals of going to a wrestling program? I doubt it is to be a brag worthy college wrestler. So for all the responses about no worth wrestling in fl you couldn't be more wrong. If you are wanting to learn wrestling to improve takedowns and such for mms or bjj just get in where you can and train.

There could be.

Florida has no D1 level schools and the closest states that have D1 programs are NC and VA (besides the Citadel).

So if kids want to wrestle after HS and don't want to go that far from home programs like this are the alternative.

I don't know anybody at this program but I'm sure they have kids that could walk onto a D1 program and be a backup and possible become a starter.
Hey Tennessee has a program too lololol. Even if they are shitting the bef

I wasn't a geography major....

Off topic but UTC was looking good a few years ago. Why did Bono leave?
Bono never took the UTC job as seriously as he’s taking the South Dakota State Job. his success was based off what Terry built before leaving, as well as having Allan Jones the founder of Checks for Cash funding the program. He was competing for World team spots and competing at Midlands while being a head coach. None of the UTC all Americans under him were recruited by him. He left for a bunch of personal reasons if I recall correctly.

The guy who replaced him Eslinger (my coach in college) has seen a fall off for several reasons. First, the rest of the conference is just better, SIUE, Campbell under Kolat, and App State are building up and getting northern recruits.

Eslinger’s best kids have been mostly transfers or under the radar kids from the north but he tried to stay in the south to get kids for a couple years and he took risks on recruits with.. questionable lifestyle choices. Which goes against his public image and God/Christian approach, add perception of favoritism which made kids feel like trying wasn’t worth it and partying etc. add in really really good assistants who were developing the kids and running practice, leaving for either head coaching positions or because they weren’t allowed to do their job for various reasons. You get a fall off that only people inside the program saw coming before it happened starting last year

Bono never took the UTC job as seriously as he’s taking the South Dakota State Job. his success was based off what Terry built before leaving, as well as having Allan Jones the founder of Checks for Cash funding the program. He was competing for World team spots and competing at Midlands while being a head coach. None of the UTC all Americans under him were recruited by him. He left for a bunch of personal reasons if I recall correctly.

The guy who replaced him Eslinger (my coach in college) has seen a fall off for several reasons. First, the rest of the conference is just better, SIUE, Campbell under Kolat, and App State are building up and getting northern recruits.

Eslinger’s best kids have been mostly transfers or under the radar kids from the north but he tried to stay in the south to get kids for a couple years and he took risks on recruits with.. questionable lifestyle choices. Which goes against his public image and God/Christian approach, add perception of favoritism which made kids feel like trying wasn’t worth it and partying etc. add in really really good assistants who were developing the kids and running practice, leaving for either head coaching positions or because they weren’t allowed to do their job for various reasons. You get a fall off that only people inside the program saw coming before it happened starting last year

Is it fully funded? I thought it was under Terry and Bono. If so you'd think they'd be able to get a good coach

I would say that unless you are a very good wrestler, you will get a lot out of it. Honestly, it might be a better option than tougher rooms if you have limited wrestling experience (it is hard to improve if you are totally outgunned).

They are one of the better NCWA teams, if I recall. Everyone will be have been a good high school wrestler, and the coaching will at least be professional.

I would say that unless you are a very good wrestler, you will get a lot out of it. Honestly, it might be a better option than tougher rooms if you have limited wrestling experience (it is hard to improve if you are totally outgunned).

They are one of the better NCWA teams, if I recall. Everyone will be have been a good high school wrestler, and the coaching will at least be professional.

Great post imo.

I don't really like the idea of people looking down on non D1 programs. There are a lot of good to great wrestlers outside of D1 rooms.

Travel Dlagnev has a couple of World Bronze medals and was a top 5 guy in the world for almost a decade and he was D2. Mo Lawal also started out D2.

Emmett Willson of the NAIA won the Hodge Trophy after beating JD Bergman, BJ Padden and outplacing Damian Hahn in a tournament.

Cormier was a JUCO champ before transferring to Okie State.

There are only 76 D1 programs in the country which means there are a lot of good wrestlers in the lower college divisions.

i have pretty good wrestling im doing it for mma tbh i have a great takedown game but i wana learn more pinning techniques to keep guys down there is nothing more annoying than taking someone down over and over and they scramble to get back to there feat

Great post imo.

I don't really like the idea of people looking down on non D1 programs. There are a lot of good to great wrestlers outside of D1 rooms.

Travel Dlagnev has a couple of World Bronze medals and was a top 5 guy in the world for almost a decade and he was D2. Mo Lawal also started out D2.

Emmett Willson of the NAIA won the Hodge Trophy after beating JD Bergman, BJ Padden and outplacing Damian Hahn in a tournament.

Cormier was a JUCO champ before transferring to Okie State.

There are only 76 D1 programs in the country which means there are a lot of good wrestlers in the lower college divisions.

i wasnt trying to look down on non division 1 wrestling i was just curious of its level in comparison cause im sure ill be fighting d1 guys in mma and i wanted to be able to train with them for it

i wasnt trying to look down on non division 1 wrestling i was just curious of its level in comparison cause im sure ill be fighting d1 guys in mma and i wanted to be able to train with them for it

Then go and train there and report back.

Why come here and question a program of dudes dedicated to a sport for no other reason than they love the sport?

As far as I'm concerned you're just an attention whore who isn't really interested in wrestling or training. You just wanted internet points for asking the question.

Back