UFC’s Anti-Doping Program to be Overseen by Drug Free Sport International with the Help of George Piro

They haven't been announcing PPV buys his whole time during the ESPN era. Pretty sure any numbers we've seen out there are just estimates & nothing put out there by either UFC or ESPN.

This is largely true with one exception - both Disney and Endeavor have had earnings / quarterly calls that quoted marquee event PPV buys.

What don't you like about that?
Usually means the PPV drags on. You either get two crap title fights that go for over an hour or the first one is good and the second is bad or similar. It's been even worse with supposed stacked cards and 3 title fights.

Champions should be able to stand on their own with a top 5-10 in the second position IMO. I just find the pacing of these supposed stacked PPVs pretty poor compared to a Fight night for example.

I generally enjoy a close technical 5 round fight, but I don't need two in a row. The last card is a great example. Pantoja dragged out the fight to a 5 rounder and Leon did the same. By the end of it I was just kind of over it even if I enjoyed the fights.

Id rather they do away with PPVs and Fight nights being different and just have regular events headlined by champs every 1-4 weeks. Charge me more on Fightpass and give me all these Fights to follow almost like weekend sports subscription.

George piro? The guy couldn’t get saddam to tell us where those sure shot 100% confirmed WMDs were

Here is some info on the UFC’s new anti-doping program:

“On Friday (29 December), the UFC announced details of its new drug-testing programme, to be overseen by Drug Free Sport International with the help of George Piro – the former FBI agent who led the interrogation of Saddam Hussein.

“UFC’s goal for the Anti-Doping Policy is to be the best, most effective, and most progressive anti-doping program in all of professional sports,” said Hunter Campbell, the UFC’s Chief Business Officer. “UFC is proud of the advancements we have made with our anti-doping program over the past eight years, and we will continue to maintain an independently administered drug-testing program that ensures all UFC athletes are competing under fair and equal circumstances. With this new iteration of the program, UFC has once again raised the bar for health and safety in combat sports.”

Jeff Novitzky, the UFC’s Senior Vice-President of Athlete Health and Performance, added: “This latest UFC Anti-Doping Program is the result of our continued efforts to protect the athletes who compete in the Octagon. This new program is the result of years of input and trial and error taken by UFC, our athletes, and third parties who have assisted UFC in operating the program. The anti-doping policy is a living and breathing document that will continue to evolve and adapt when clear science supports changes that can further protect athletes who compete in UFC.”

Will it be more effective than USADA? I’m sure the UFC will sell it as such… time will tell.
If this means ufc athletes getting waterboarded and such to stop roiding...I'm for it:cool:

"Unlike the UFC’s arrangement with USADA, DFSI will have no say over failed tests. DFSI will not be granted any authority to levy sanctions on fighters that test positive for banned substances. "
So that means they can catch but it's up to the ufc to decide the punishment?
That's insanely corrupt.

When all you really wanted was a little bit of window dressing for the sponsors.

lol if the guy who runs it actually trains at ATT, then that's not conspiracy theory, that's pure and simple conflict of interest.

And the fact that "it isn't news" is irrelevant, who gives a shit if you already knew about it?
How is the fact that it isn't news irrelevant, in a thread broadcasting it as if it's new information?

This has all been known since day 1, has nothing to do with me, it's just public fucking information.

Almost all professional fighters use PEDs. USADA was becoming a hindrance with suspensions, and since Endeavor has already gone public they don’t need to legitimize themselves any further. We need more Josh Emmett’s giving dudes paralysis, not this cage clinch ish ish bullshit. I want blood, and Dana will give me blood.

So that means they can catch but it's up to the ufc to decide the punishment?
That's insanely corrupt.

Unlike the UFC’s arrangement with USADA, DFSI will have no say over failed tests. DFSI will not be granted any authority to levy sanctions on fighters that test positive for banned substances. Instead, that power will be given to Combat Sports Anti-Doping (CSAD). This organization will be run by George Piro, a former Federal Bureau of Investigation Special Agent who currently trains at famed gym American Top Team in Florida. The UFC still plans on keeping a third party as the entity to suggest suspensions or fines for drug test failures, and CSAD will serve as that body when it receives findings and results from DFSI.

"Suggest"

<28>

Pardon me for having absolutely NO trust for a company that, when a card's main eventer fails a third drug test, moves the card to another state to make sure he can compete, to then proceed to sell said main eventer as the absolute best of all time. All of this with no shame and only excuses to cover how pathetic they are.

It makes me trust them completely. They're so open and honest about it that you can 100% trust on the fact that this new drug testing will be complete shit.

Protect quarterly earnings baby. EZ picos for cash cows

The whole George Piro thing really rubs me the wrong way.
How is it relevant that the guy questioned Saddam Hussein? Right, it isn't.
They try to make it sound like that's proof for his integrity, yet it doesn't proof anything in the first place. If anything that should make one doubt his integrity. He once was a federal agent. Now he isn't. I have a hard time believing that on a personal level overseeing a doping committee would be considered a higher cause than questioning human rights abusing dictators. Which makes me assume that he chose that current job just for monetary reasons, which would directly contradict the premise that he acts out of purest integrity.

The SD news report states that he trains at ATT in Florida. I'm not running an Anti-Doping organization, but that sounds like a conflict of interest to me. That's one of the most represented gyms in MMA.

Its the same thing they did with Novitski with him being the one that "caught Lance Armstrong" sir.

This all day.

Fuckin sherdog is getting overrun by conspiracy theory fuckwits.

This also isn't news, this agency and former agent were literally announced when the USADA breakup came to light, most of the stooges here just ignored it because it didn't play to their "omg they'll all be doing steroids and crack" nonsensical narrative drummed up by some basement dwelling orange belt.

"Omg they'll be doing steroids and crack" lmao

The whole George Piro thing really rubs me the wrong way.
How is it relevant that the guy questioned Saddam Hussein? Right, it isn't.
They try to make it sound like that's proof for his integrity, yet it doesn't proof anything in the first place. If anything that should make one doubt his integrity. He once was a federal agent. Now he isn't. I have a hard time believing that on a personal level overseeing a doping committee would be considered a higher cause than questioning human rights abusing dictators. Which makes me assume that he chose that current job just for monetary reasons, which would directly contradict the premise that he acts out of purest integrity.

The SD news report states that he trains at ATT in Florida. I'm not running an Anti-Doping organization, but that sounds like a conflict of interest to me. That's one of the most represented gyms in MMA.
This clearly just confirms that Saddam Hussein was jucing all along!

"Omg they'll be doing steroids and crack" lmao
I was in a mood lol

IMO - the potential conflict of interest due to his ATT training history is a legit concern, but he's also supposedly already taken steps to distance himself from ATT since this announcement was made. We'll see.

I'll observe and judge that in due time. That said, I can't imagine UFC/Endeavor going this route for ATT's benefit, or allowing one team to benefit over others.

I was in a mood lol

IMO - the potential conflict of interest due to his ATT training history is a legit concern, but he's also supposedly already taken steps to distance himself from ATT since this announcement was made. We'll see.

I'll observe and judge that in due time. That said, I can't imagine UFC/Endeavor going this route for ATT's benefit, or allowing one team to benefit over others.

Well they already allow Jon benefit over others...imho.

It does look funny that he trains at ATT so we'll see where that goes sir.
They used Novitski in the same way in how he "caught Lance Armstrong" yet Lance Armstrong still hasn't pissed hot lol.

Novitski "caught" him in a paper trail sense, not getting his hot piss.
Yet they acted like he was some super USADA agent when he was just a banker essentially lol.

I don't care either way because they'll always be a level of fuckery tbh.

Back