UFC 183: Anderson Silva vs. Nick Diaz PBP (Discussion)

Lets be honest here. There are two reasons people scored it so heavily for Silva. Because "the major MMA websites said so" and because Diaz was bleeding that was it.

I don't dispute Silva won. I would have bet on him if I was a gambling man. He won. But to say he won every round is a joke,

what round did Diaz win and specifically how? strikes? kicks? damage? i don't see it.

OK i was wrong. The sites i checked all gave it all to Silva (but Sherdogs draw by one judge). Problem is though you also "lied" when you said Sherdog gave Nick a round. So don't call me out on that

Almost every site gave Anderson every round. Is that better? Posting those scores definitely doesn't help your original argument though lol

Except, I didn't say that. I said:

One of the Sherdog guys had one of the rounds a draw and one of the judges gave Nick a round. So, you just lied and I've only checked Sherdog's PBP.

Interesting. That very well may be it. I will have to re-watch sober and since the UFC network loops it every couple hours for days I will get to see it several times this next 3 or so days.

You may be right. I will consider that. Honestly, one of the better replies I have seen around here.

thanks. what's the drink of choice tonight?

Holy fuck are you blind

Anderson won every round. Some were close but still clearly Anderson

I watch these clear cut fights and then come on sheepdog for this "controversy". Lol

This is exactly how I feel on fight nights. When my guy loses I know I can just come to Sherdog for comfort, knowing someone believes my guy won even if he got clearly out pointed and in some special occasions even if they got K/STFO like in the Mir / Nog 2. "They should've stopped the fight when Mir was out! The ref fucked up Nogs groove by telling him he was hitting the back of the head!"

Gus fans feel good blaming the coach for speaking English, the headbutt, Gus's eye poke that got Rumble fired up, etc.

Great place to find comfort after your fighter losses lol

what round did Diaz win and specifically how? strikes? kicks? damage? i don't see it.

The first is a toss up. I would go towards Diaz but it was close. The second should have gone Diaz no question. The third, Diaz was slow and measured.

1 - toss up, should have gone to Diaz

2 - Diaz

The rest could have gone to Silva and I would not argue. At least 1 round Diaz for sure but arguably two.

First time somebody exchange with Spider and survives and Nick did well but lost at least 4 rounds.
Some fans not used to watch a kickboxing fight.

thanks. what's the drink of choice tonight?

Always beer my man. Stopped drinking hard shit long ago. I can drink beer and although I get stupid drunk (yes I know I am setting myself up for flaming) I can still keep control of myself in the sense that it doesn't affect my life. If I drank hard shit I would be a mess. I stopped hard shit way back when.

Tonight its actually Coors by chance. Lots of it too

The first is a toss up. I would go towards Diaz but it was close. The second should have gone Diaz no question. The third, Diaz was slow and measured.

1 - toss up, should have gone to Diaz

2 - Diaz

The rest could have gone to Silva and I would not argue. At least 1 round Diaz for sure but arguably two.

Appropriate user name for this post

This is exactly how I feel on fight nights. When my guy loses I know I can just come to Sherdog for comfort, knowing someone believes my guy won even if he got clearly out pointed and in some special occasions even if they got K/STFO like in the Mir / Nog 2. "They should've stopped the fight when Mir was out! The ref fucked up Nogs groove by telling him he was hitting the back of the head!"

Gus fans feel good blaming the coach for speaking English, the headbutt, Gus's eye poke that got Rumble fired up, etc.

Great place to find comfort after your fighter losses lol

This is the most honest thing ever posted on Sherdog.

Lets be honest here. There are two reasons people scored it so heavily for Silva. Because "the major MMA websites said so" and because Diaz was bleeding that was it.

I don't dispute Silva won. I would have bet on him if I was a gambling man. He won. But to say he won every round is a joke,

I thoughr Silva won every round without checking the website scoring once.

0CUJYIP.gif

Always beer my man. Stopped drinking hard shit long ago. I can drink beer and although I get stupid drunk (yes I know I am setting myself up for flaming) I can still keep control of myself in the sense that it doesn't affect my life. If I drank hard shit I would be a mess. I stopped hard shit way back when.

Tonight its actually Coors by chance. Lots of it too

i went the opposite direction! i used to love the Guinness and Corona Light. but was tired of feeling bloated from all of the carbs (liquid bread) the next morning. so now i just drink the clear stuff - vodka and tequila. haven't had a beer in almost 2 years. i miss it - but i don't miss the bloat. and my hangovers aren't as bad - especially with the vodka. vodka/soda/lime is my go-to drink. clean, simple, easy, low carb, low calorie.

I thoughr Silva won every round without checking the website scoring once.

What part of the second did Silva win? Nick was controlling center, his energy and Silva. Silva was moving double as much, on the outside and trying for counters. Diaz just wasn't playing his game.

Honestly that I think is it. Had it been Mouse or Machida and people would have said 3-2 no doubt. But because they expected Diaz to just go all-in and not respect Silva's counter they are pretending they get it.

Horribly scored.

how does Nick expect to win this fight with all of the antics? the antics waste precious time which you could be using to finish your opponent or at least do damage if it goes to the judges.

Why exactly. There was a noted down turn in the third my Diaz but he was basically controlling the fight until then. He had center control, was controlling Silva, had no issues that he wasn't countering and was tagging Silva at will though he was obviously hesitant to engage to far.

I think that is the problem. People are used to Diaz number of punches but he knew that Silva would counter so he was more measured.

Had it been Silva vs Machida I have no doubt it would have been 3-2. But it was Diaz and people have an expectation.

I don't know how anyone can come away thinking Nick won rounds one and clearly. I thought they were pretty close, but scored both Anderson but didn't view them as blow outs. Then 3 and 4 I thought were clearly Anderson.

When Nick said he thought he was ahead going into five I was incredulous, then remembered that Nick always thinks he's ahead on the cards, among the reasons he tried his own mma production.

i went the opposite direction! i used to love the Guinness and Corona Light. but was tired of feeling bloated from all of the carbs (liquid bread) the next morning. so now i just drink the clear stuff - vodka and tequila. haven't had a beer in almost 2 years. i miss it - but i don't miss the bloat. and my hangovers aren't as bad - especially with the vodka. vodka/soda/lime is my go-to drink. clean, simple, easy, low carb, low calorie.

Can't do that anymore my man. Wish I could but I cannot. I can drink beer all day long and yes the bloat is an issue. I am not cutting for two more weeks until my bro leaves. He is visiting me on vacation and then I will cut and get back into the dojo but for now I am just doing whatever.

I get too emo when I drink hard shit. I get all sloppy.

how does Nick expect to win this fight with all of the antics? the antics waste precious time which you could be using to finish your opponent or at least do damage if it goes to the judges.

If Nick flops to the ground or stands still, it's him controlling the fight. If Anderson strikes and backs away it's a failure to engage.

Back