UFC 183: Anderson Silva vs. Nick Diaz PBP (Discussion)

TBR4LrO.png

Nice :icon_chee

Close fight.

"I scored it just like every major MMA site, 50 - 45" should be banned for being complete and total utter douche bag supremes IMO

I would have picked Silva every time. I don't dispute he won. But to say he won every round? Lol, just lol

Nick didn't let him get into the clinch and stay there easily. Made him pay with uppercut and some hooks. Underrated in the clinch imo, GSP started to have trouble there with Nick.

yeah i guess you're right. and Franklin was already lit up and dazed before the clinch - too weakened to defend or offend. Nick had the mouse on the eye but with his cardio and durability he could've easily gone another round. he wasn't that hurt.

Close fight.

"I scored it just like every major MMA site, 50 - 45" should be banned for being complete and total utter douche bag supremes IMO

I would have picked Silva every time. I don't dispute he won. But to say he won every round? Lol, just lol

It was a close fight. I'd even give Nick a round. I just don't know which.

He did A LIL bit more. Nick won the 2nd round, Andy won the rest.

He did ALLOT more. Look at the shots Anderson landed in the second compaired to Nick. Silvas strikes were far cleaner and more effective. It was a one sided fight

Tristen Critchfield scores the round 10-9 Silva (50-46 Silva)
TJ De Santis scores the round 10-9 Silva (50-45 Silva)
Chris Nelson scores the round 10-9 Silva (50-45 Silva)

No they didn't give a round to Nick. I'll give you ONE judge thought a round was a draw (since the other 2 gave it to Andy it would mean sherdog gave Andy the round) but no Sherdog judge gave Nick a round. Don't make shit up

No he didn't. Anderson landed the better shots in every round. Every site gave Anderson every round for a reason

Except, you lied.

xoV95nu.png

Close fight.

i think Silva won every round but not in extraordinary fashion like we are used to seeing. i do think some of our expectations are high for Silva just because we're so used to see him dominating rounds (95% of the time). we set the bar high for Silva subconsciously and expect to see a Bruce Lee movie scene every round.

Holy fuck are you blind

Anderson won every round. Some were close but still clearly Anderson

I watch these clear cut fights and then come on sheepdog for this "controversy". Lol

It was a close fight. I'd even give Nick a round. I just don't know which.

Lets be honest here. There are two reasons people scored it so heavily for Silva. Because "the major MMA websites said so" and because Diaz was bleeding that was it.

I don't dispute Silva won. I would have bet on him if I was a gambling man. He won. But to say he won every round is a joke,

Anderson wasn't so sure he won that fight. 2 50-45's... are the actual judges worse than sherbros?

No. Nick did good, better than most LHWs and MWs (that's saying a lot) but Silva clearly won.

Sherdoggers are bitches. They're too emotional to look and judge a fight objectively. This is the same place that swears Gus beat Jones under the NSACs scoring criteria. Sherdog.com also had it 50-45 2x and 49-46 for Silva.

Here if someone who was supposed to get obliterated does better than expected "he won the fight."

Only round I'd seriously be able to give Nick is round 2.

Anderson has still got it, but it's kind of telling that he no longer has that "swagger" or confidence to taunt his opponents anymore. Then again, this was his tune up fight. Just glad he is back and won.

Except, you lied.

xoV95nu.png

OK i was wrong. The sites i checked all gave it all to Silva (but Sherdogs draw by one judge). Problem is though you also "lied" when you said Sherdog gave Nick a round. So don't call me out on that

Almost every site gave Anderson every round. Is that better? Posting those scores definitely doesn't help your original argument though lol

i think Silva won every round but not in extraordinary fashion like we are used to seeing. i do think some of our expectations are high for Silva just because we're so used to see him dominating rounds (95% of the time). we set the bar high for Silva subconsciously and expect to see a Bruce Lee movie scene every round.

Interesting. That very well may be it. I will have to re-watch sober and since the UFC network loops it every couple hours for days I will get to see it several times this next 3 or so days.

You may be right. I will consider that. Honestly, one of the better replies I have seen around here.

Nice ... But Diaz went up 15 lbs ... And arguably fought the 185 goat. Well this was a great warm up fight ... I want to know see him fight a true top level 185lb fight! Looking back this was a good comeback fight but not as difficult as it way have been advertised.

Close fight.

So make an argument for which round he should have won. I'm seeing a lot of people saying how it's BS that Diaz didn't get a single round, but I haven't seen hardly any that actually argue a specific round he should have won. Also keep in mind that 50-45 doesn't necessarily illustrate a dominant fight for either fighter, but only that one fighter did enough in each round to get the edge on the scorecard.

Back