UFC 196 retrospective: Did Conor actually panic wrestle, give Nate his neck and tap early?

he was exhausted, got stunned which made it worse, shot a takedown thinking he could recover/rest a bit, and got submitted by someone with really good BJJ.

doesn't mean he's a pussy, has a shit ground game or " quit ".

problem is that theres no grey area with conor, his haters will always think he's trash and shit on him no matter what he does because they're bitter and blinded by hate.

First part is all true, the rest is all false.

He was exhausted and panic wrestled. The problem is people keep using this an example of how bad his ground game is when it's completely irrelevant. He was going to be KO'd and got subbed because he was out of it.

All losses by subs, but his ground game is stellar?

How does someone who had a full training champ for a championship fight gas out against someone coming off 10 day Cabo vacation?

If you don't call that ill prepared, what do you call it?

My ninja

You can see in the fight he did not take Nate seriously at all. He was winning until he lost. He was literally spamming kicks and wasting energy. Nate was way longer than previous opponents. He literally went up two weight classes.

Not trying to defend McGregor here but those are things that happened. Hate on, I guess?
Sorry, but this is a load of BS excuses.
He had a full camp. Nate did not have a camp at all.
He was confident BECAUSE of the above (it worked against Chad).
He didn't count on Nate being so durable and paid the price.

It is basically shameful how Conor run out of gas before Nate.
Then again, Nate was smart allowing Conor to hit him for the full first round, spending Conor's shallow gas tank.
Conor was just too dumb to notice he wasn't able to KO Nate. He should have checked whom he accepted the fight against. Paid the price for that.

He rather allow himself to get choked and tap, then get KTFO lol
I don't know.
He complained when the referee saved him from Floyd, and he knew he would get finished there, so I have to think he wouldn't mind either way...
I think it is just what happened when he attempted to panic-wrestle Nate.

Nate simply took lead and Conor followed... well didn't really follow, but didn't do anything to stop the choke either.

It could be that he is as durable as Nate (in terms of not getting KO'd), so if Nate didn't sub him, he would have lost a decision.

I dont agree that Conor was trying to take the easy way out of the fight. He panic wrestled simply to stop the beating for a long as he could,till he could possibly figure some shit out. He felt on the verge of losing/getting knocked out,and needed to do something. Who knows,maybe the time would run out or something. I dont think he shot in like,OI SUB ME NATE.
Well what did he think was going to happen when he went to the grown?

giphy.gif

The goat was just trying to mix it up and miscalculated his hip movement by millimetres

He came back and dominated Nate in the second fight proving it was a fluke

Dominated?
I agree he won but he made it look harder then hed like to admit

All losses by subs, but his ground game is stellar?

I wouldn't put too much stock in the old ones as he was new to grappling back then and the Nate loss had little to do with his BJJ and more to do with getting punched in the face and being gassed. If you want to use the Nate loss as proof of his bad ground game, have at it. You'll have lots of friends here.

No what you’re talking about is CONTINUED denial and delusion after the fight, I’m talking about delusion before the fight.

Conor was delusional before the fight for thinking his power was enough to put away Nate with ease, but accepted reality afterwards. He stopped being delusional. Joanne was and still is delusional.

So whenever you have a gameplan for a fight that ends up not working out, it's considered to be arrogance and delusion? That's pretty extreme at best.

So everyones ok with Conor even shooting a TD? I know its MMA and all but am I missing something?

Conrad was mocking everyone especially wrestlers who panick wrestled when they got hurt. Lol Conrad does the same thing he was mocking them for doing.

So yea you're a dumbass if the irony doesnt strike you

So whenever you have a gameplan for a fight that ends up not working out, it's considered to be arrogance and delusion? That's pretty extreme at best.

Not at all, no one can perfectly predict the future. You're almost always going to be a little off. Delusion is when you're way off. Alvarez was delusional when he called Conor "the easiest fight at LW" only to get completely destroyed. Conor was delusional when he called Cabo Nate easy, only to gas out in the second. Conor wasn't delusional for losing to Nate Diaz, he was delusional for thinking how easy Nate was, only to gas out after 1 round even though he had a full training camp.

Not at all, no one can perfectly predict the future. You're almost always going to be a little off. Delusion is when you're way off. Alvarez was delusional when he called Conor "the easiest fight at LW" only to get completely destroyed. Conor was delusional when he called Cabo Nate easy, only to gas out in the second. Conor wasn't delusional for losing to Nate Diaz, he was delusional for thinking how easy Nate was, only to gas out after 1 round even though he had a full training camp.

This. LB has no dog in this race, he's unbiased and is about the Popcorn

This. LB has no dog in this race, he's unbiased and is about the Popcorn

Right now I got one guy PMing me to stop holding bitterness against Conor, while another guy in a thread calling me out for sucking McGregor's dick too much.

<JonesLaugh>

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back