UFC 223 pbp/discussion

khabib will not finish this fight. period

Did you see what Joe Duffy and Nate did to Conor on the ground? Yea, sit down

Joe Duffy yea...how long ago was that? Did you even watch that fight? Conor definitely has not improved at all since then

Conor gassed himself out in the 1st round the first time fighting at 170 (which he has no business fighting at) and shot for a shitty takedown/Nate capitalized

Your argument is incredibly invalid

the longer this fight goes on, the more I think Tony could have won

Should’ve hit that gtd line after rd 3

If we ever get Khabib/Ferg booked again I'd be all over +240 Ferguson

Joe Duffy yea...how long ago was that? Did you even watch that fight? Conor definitely has not improved at all since then

Conor gassed himself out in the 1st round the first time fighting at 170 (which he has no business fighting at) and shot for a shitty takedown/Nate capitalized

Your argument is incredibly invalid
Nut hugger alert.... Conor was put on his ass multiple times by Mendes and you think he's good enough to stop Khabib's takedowns? are you fucking crazy?

Conor wouldn't get up after the first takedown imo
Conor’s problem is cardio. I think he could last on the ground

And with khabibs atrocious striking I think Conor could lay him out

the longer this fight goes on, the more I think Tony could have won
I think you may be right. Shocked that Khabib didn't finish Al in the 2nd or 3rd rounds.

khabib might smoke conor but will his ego allow him to? he falls in love with his standup too much

Nut hugger alert.... Conor was put on his ass multiple times by Mendes and you think he's good enough to stop Khabib's takedowns? are you fucking crazy?

Certinalty not a 'nuthugger' that never got anyone anywhere.

Conor had a bum knee,and was preparing for Aldo/did minimal wrestling that camp. Also was on like a week notice to fight the best wrestler in the division....and he won that fight if I remember correctly. 155 is were Conor belongs, that weight cut to 145 killed him.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see :)

And thats why I love prop bets won 669$ this event!!!!!!!

Even if i didnt place any prop bes I still woulda came up 219 so not a bad day at all!!!!!!!

Such bullshit rankings when Ferguson is ranked behind McGregor, what was the point of him beating Lee for the interim then?

After tonight, I think Ferguson destroys Khabib.

Conor’s problem is cardio. I think he could last on the ground

And with khabibs atrocious striking I think Conor could lay him out

Conor will never accept the fight so I hate discussing it but think khabib is a different animal.

+0.25u night on tips, -4u on personal slate. Was surprised that Khabib seemed to lack urgency, same with Zabit, when it comes to actually finishing the fight. Both could have gotten it out of there with a more-concerted effort. I get they're doominant enough they don't need to force them, but still.

Next week looks like a solid card, with a few popular fighters I'd be happy to fade if they've got name value juice.

I'm also intensely butthurt. I had 588 on Lauzon/Gruetze to start R3 @ 1.9, and $490 on the u2.5 @ 2.25 to produce a middled hedge. It was like $30/$1000/$30 for u2/2-2.5/o2.5 respectively. One goddamned second.

Last edited:
I think Khabib smokes Conor barring an early KO, but the Ferguson fight became more interesting in my eyes. Iaquinta deserves a lot of credit for surviving on the ground as well as his TDD and range control.

Back