UFC 223 pbp/discussion

+0,45un last night. Unfortunately I bet heavy on "Under 2.5 Rounds - Khabib x Iaquinta". I expected more from Khabib, but I think he slows down his pace, which is usually accelerated, so he can fight the five rounds more calmly.

Rose jj was just like rahman lewis rematch as someone suggested. Elite comparison

I had a two leg parlay of KK and Ray Borg to win which is now worth nothing. I think if Borg beats Morano in the next 10 days my ticket is good but otherwise I will record 0 loss and 0 profit from last night. I would love to see Borg vs Morano rescheduled for next weekend. A small abrasion like Borg suffered hopefully will heal in 24-48 hours and since Borg is from AZ it makes sense for the fans. My other smaller play was on Max Holloway.

I had a two leg parlay of KK and Ray Borg to win which is now worth nothing. I think if Borg beats Morano in the next 10 days my ticket is good but otherwise I will record 0 loss and 0 profit from last night. I would love to see Borg vs Morano rescheduled for next weekend. A small abrasion like Borg suffered hopefully will heal in 24-48 hours and since Borg is from AZ it makes sense for the fans. My other smaller play was on Max Holloway.
why wouldn't your ticket just be a straight bet on KK when the second leg is void?

edit i meant KK not rose

why wouldn't your ticket just be a straight bet on KK when the second leg is void?

edit i meant KK not rose
I'm pretty new to betting so I'm not sure what the rules are in this case. I just assumed the ticket would be void. I'll be dang excited if they honor the KK fight :)

I'm pretty new to betting so I'm not sure what the rules are in this case. I just assumed the ticket would be void. I bought the ticket in Las Vegas this week so I will call them and find out. I'll be dang excited if they honor the KK fight :)
Every online book would pay you for the KK win at least

Every online book would pay you for the KK win at least
I bought the ticket in Las Vegas and you guys are right. I just called and they will honor the KK fight so I profit $900 on the night. Thanks for the heads up!

I'm not in the boat that thinks Khabib's stock went down w/ last night's performance but I do think Eddie Alvarez would give him a really tough fight

Just got around to watching the fights, so no livebetting on this one for me...honestly not sure I'll do much livebetting at all in the next couple of months. I have a two week old baby at home and lets just say I'd forgotten how exhausting it is to take care of a newborn. Anyway, I ended up +6u on pre bets (mostly from the main and co-main) so a pretty decent night for me.

Really enjoyed the Zabit/Bochniak fight, but Joe Rogan needs to calm the hell down. It's like this every time he finds a new prospect to gush over. Yair, Lando...Rogan loves spinning stuff! And Zabit is legit but that guy needs some PR-coaching and english classes right now...Not exactly the most marketable guy out there.

Sad to see Joe Lauzon take a beating like that, even though I profited from it since I thought he was done before this fight. I really hope he calls it quits at this point...seems like a good guy.

Most retarded comparison of all time  <36> Rose = easy money

i was wrong. thought jj was the far superior striker.

but youre still banned and a douchebag, josephbudden

time to pull out another one of your aliases, jeez, move on and make contact with the real world

get a life

i was wrong. thought jj was the far superior striker.

but youre still banned and a douchebag, josephbudden

time to pull out another one of your aliases, jeez, move on and make contact with the real world

get a life
rose proved she was the superior striker in the first fight too

just stop making horrible comparisons please

rose proved she was the superior striker in the first fight too

just stop making horrible comparisons please

like a lot of people here, i live bet rose at +275, hedging my jj -105 pre fight bet, going into the final round.

so, yeah, lets not go into rose is a superior striker mode when she was a big underdog in live betting with five minutes left in the fight

i noticed that in your 29 total posts you have managed to attack jim gunn, crow, mikes101 and myself

stay classy, budden, or whatever you call yourself now

like a lot of people here, i live bet rose at +275, hedging my jj -105 pre fight bet, going into the final round.

so, yeah, lets not go into rose is a superior striker mode when she was a big underdog in live betting with five minutes left in the fight

i noticed that in your 29 total posts you have managed to attack jim gunn, crow, mikes101 and myself

stay classy, budden, or whatever you call yourself now
lol jj was like +500 after the first two rounds, but whatever fits your narrative dude. rose dominated until she gassed, then dominated again in the last round. she's clearly the better striker.

+12.5u. Another great night. 2018 looking good after all.

lol jj was like +500 after the first two rounds, but whatever fits your narrative dude. rose dominated until she gassed, then dominated again in the last round. she's clearly the better striker.

whats fitting my narrative? i admitted i was wrong in my believe that jj was the far superior striker. when i bought rose she was a +275 going into round five. she probably got higher than that. theres no fitting nothing, rose was a big dog with five minutes left and only a person with a budden-size ego would be claiming know-all after the fact when said person was looking at a probably loss, by way of live betting, with five minutes left in a five round fight

the real question now, budden, is why do you continue to act condenscendingly with four other posters here with all of 29 posts?

I'm not in the boat that thinks Khabib's stock went down w/ last night's performance but I do think Eddie Alvarez would give him a really tough fight

I'll need to watch at some point for sure, but the takeaways I'm getting from the pbp and commentary here (want your take) are:

1. Khabib does what he does rds 1 and 2. He did it again last night, and Al was pretty much in survival mode most of those 10 minutes.

2. Khabib's jab is much better than anyone gave him credit for. He lit Al up with it. It was really his ONLY effective strike, but he used it very well.

3. Khabib did in fact fade a bit after rd 2. Not to the point where he was losing rounds to Al, but his TD's became more difficult to get by far, and he was just way slower and less explosive as the fight went on.

4. A fight with Tony or Conor is no less intriguing (probably more when it comes to a fight with Tony) after this performance.

Did we hear from @Levels about Rose/JJ?

There was quite a bit of lecturing from him about how JJ was so much better, people were dumb for thinking Rose had any value as just a slight dog, etc.

It's not the analysis I'm calling him out for, that's why we are all here. It's the douchey, condescending tone that irked me. So now I'm just wondering if he's had anything to say regarding the fight after it was proven that Rose in fact had all the skills to not only hang with JJ, but win.

When I'm wrong, I admit it fully but equally as importantly I don't present my opinion like I always know better and anyone thinking otherwise is a moron. I hope we can start to see everyone here abandon the condescending delivery of their opinions. We all are right sometimes, and we all are wrong sometimes.

I'll need to watch at some point for sure, but the takeaways I'm getting from the pbp and commentary here (want your take) are:

1. Khabib does what he does rds 1 and 2. He did it again last night, and Al was pretty much in survival mode most of those 10 minutes.

2. Khabib's jab is much better than anyone gave him credit for. He lit Al up with it. It was really his ONLY effective strike, but he used it very well.

3. Khabib did in fact fade a bit after rd 2. Not to the point where he was losing rounds to Al, but his TD's became more difficult to get by far, and he was just way slower and less explosive as the fight went on.

4. A fight with Tony or Conor is no less intriguing (probably more when it comes to a fight with Tony) after this performance.
1. accurate

I dont think #2 is accurate. Looked like Al was just trying to find an opening to land a shot and was content taking the jabs instead of being on the ground. They didnt even look like they were phasing Al. But with that being said, round 3 and 4 were kind of anomalies and the only take away from it, imo, is that Khabib just wanted to test his stand up for an extended period of time because he's usually mauling his opponents on the ground. i dont like the way Khabib reacts to his opponents throwing punches. it looks like his defense really sucks

3. i also dont think khabib gassed or slowed. i think his takedowns in these rounds were less effective because they were more telegraphed shots due to him trying to blend the takedowns with his striking like Cain does (i would like other's opinions on this, i wasnt paying THAT much attention after the second round). but come round 5, he showed great explosion on his takedown (which is why i dont think he was gassed)

4. i think he still mauls Conor and Conor's best chance of winning is very early because if Khabib gets him down, he's going to be gassed come round 2. then rinse and repeat.

regarding Khabib/Tony: if Tony comes back strong post injury and has similar odds, ill be betting Tony

another take-away: i think if he REAAAAAAAAALLY wanted to, khabib could have submitted Al in round 2. he also had back mount with more than a minute left and he kind of let up with the damage, although Al was doing a good job of limiting the damage, i guess.

Back