UFC 232 Jones vs Gustafsson II

Under's the spot in that one, undoubtedly. Wood's got that whole 'Complete defensive liability' thing going on, though. Got outclassed badly by Eduardo on the feet before pulling out an odd choke, and Wood got hurt by nobodies in CW a lot of the time.

Wood's probably the better fighter, but it's hard to trust his style against somebody with legitimate power and a reach advantage. I've got a huge Thomas Almeida vibe from Wood.
Yeah in CW he got his nose broke by Philpott and Reed tagged him a bunch early in their fight. Philpott is a young journeyman of the Euro scene and Reed was an undefeated prospect at the time. Wood is a young prospect though and he's better now than he was in those fights, especially the Philpott fight.

Eduardo hurt Wood with some shots in the 1st but Wood kept his composure and landed quite a lot himself, fight metric will back that up too. I don't really think Eduardo is on another level as a striker, I just think he's an explosive athlete that is dangerous early and he happened to land something significant and follow up. Even if Wood didn't get the d'arce, I think his pace would have overwhelmed Eduardo. Eduardo wasn't liking the striking in the 2nd, thats probably why he shot.

Yes I am defensive of Wood, sure he's got his flaws but at the end of the day who the f*ck is Andre Ewell. At least Wood was beating half decent regional fighters with good records. All Ewell fought on the regional was bums and Barao is a bum too. We've never seen Ewell vs an athlete or striker like Wood. Ewell defense gonna be looking suspect.

I think it's pretty insulting to Wood that he's pretty much a pick'em against some nobody like Ewell. Beating 2018 Barao means nothing, he's so bad, Barao would get whooped in the LFA at this point.

When a thread from the heavies trickles in and I get to observe what it’s like ‘out there’ I really appreciate you fucks all the more.

Early Merry Christmas you degen bastards.

Yeah in CW he got his nose broke by Philpott and Reed tagged him a bunch early in their fight. Philpott is a young journeyman of the Euro scene and Reed was an undefeated prospect at the time. Wood is a young prospect though and he's better now than he was in those fights, especially the Philpott fight.

Eduardo hurt Wood with some shots in the 1st but Wood kept his composure and landed quite a lot himself, fight metric will back that up too. I don't really think Eduardo is on another level as a striker, I just think he's an explosive athlete that is dangerous early and he happened to land something significant and follow up. Even if Wood didn't get the d'arce, I think his pace would have overwhelmed Eduardo. Eduardo wasn't liking the striking in the 2nd, thats probably why he shot.

Yes I am defensive of Wood, sure he's got his flaws but at the end of the day who the f*ck is Andre Ewell. At least Wood was beating half decent regional fighters with good records. All Ewell fought on the regional was bums and Barao is a bum too. We've never seen Ewell vs an athlete or striker like Wood. Ewell defense gonna be looking suspect.

I think it's pretty insulting to Wood that he's pretty much a pick'em against some nobody like Ewell. Beating 2018 Barao means nothing, he's so bad, Barao would get whooped in the LFA at this point.
True. Not hugely high on Ewell or anything, I just think he's got good power, decent striking and solid cardio which is enough for me to take him as value against an unproven Wood.

Tbh majority of my money's on the under.

Really like Cyborg/Nunes Over 2½ between -133 & -135.

Why bother? More effort, cost, time and inconvenience for himself when he's already getting tested so frequently by USADA. Its not like they didn't look into doing it either, they researched it and decided against doing it.

I disagree, from what I've read about it, the cost of the additional testing was gonna be funded completley by the CSAC so no cost, as far as effort, time and inconvience, how hard is it for Jon to piss in a cup once a month? I don't see how him taking 60 seconds to piss like he probably does 10+ times a day anyway. And I don't believe the VADA testing was gonna be random, but even if it was he was still doing a specific amount of tests across a specific amount of months. I believe his key issue is that he uses recreational drugs (alcohol, marijuana, cocaine, MDMA, etc.) I believe he would technically fail the VADA test for recreational drugs even if he isn't in a fight camp whereas under USADA rules, recreational drugs are allowed "out-of-comp". So, correct me if I'm wrong but I believe those are his key issues.

Regardless, I still hope he takes the L from Gus.

I disagree, from what I've read about it, the cost of the additional testing was gonna be funded completley by the CSAC so no cost, as far as effort, time and inconvience, how hard is it for Jon to piss in a cup once a month? I don't see how him taking 60 seconds to piss like he probably does 10+ times a day anyway. And I don't believe the VADA testing was gonna be random, but even if it was he was still doing a specific amount of tests across a specific amount of months. I believe his key issue is that he uses recreational drugs (alcohol, marijuana, cocaine, MDMA, etc.) I believe he would technically fail the VADA test for recreational drugs even if he isn't in a fight camp whereas under USADA rules, recreational drugs are allowed "out-of-comp". So, correct me if I'm wrong but I believe those are his key issues.

Regardless, I still hope he takes the L from Gus.
Oh.. Jones is juicing and that is obvious. I think he spent a little more money this time in order to not get detected. 99% sure that he is microdosing testosterone and other shit.

Oh.. Jones is juicing and that is obvious. I think he spent a little more money this time in order to not get detected. 99% sure that he is microdosing testosterone and other shit.
I hope you are right. I've got money on this cheater.
<JonesLaugh>

I hope you are right. I've got money on this cheater.
<JonesLaugh>

Yeah but together with Nunes, I dont like Cyborg and i dont fucking like JJ, but i Think that Nunes and Gus winning is very unlikely....

Im going big on Gus, its time for him to take the belt.

Soo... Cyborg fell out of a shopping cart and maybe injured herself and fight might be off, how fucking stupid is this

cyborg removed the sad face emoticon message on her twitterhandle

cyborg removed the sad face emoticon message on her twitterhandle
Her training partner Don Madge tweeted this "Injuries are part of the game. I still feel sorry for her" but deleted it aswell about an hour ago

Soo... Cyborg fell out of a shopping cart and maybe injured herself and fight might be off, how fucking stupid is this
giphy.gif

hahaha wtf, cyborg IQ have to be like 10...

Back