UFC 239 Jones vs Santos PBP/Discussion

No clue how Jon won that, Santos easy 1,2, 5. I gave Santos round 4 too.

It would have won, but I'm glad I didn't take -300 Jones after round 1.

If this is how close the fight was, and how shit he looked against a one-legged fighter, imagine how horrendous this would have been if Santos was completely mobile.

He said he didnt go for the TD because he felt he was winning, if he felt Santos was winning then I would think he would have went for more takedowns and got a finish

i was trying to warn people Jones ITD isnt sharp. He doesnt care about finishing. Jones got lucky tonight with that SD.

Joe Rogan, after a performance like that, try to refrain from licking Jones' ass ("most dominant champion of all time") in the postfight interview, okay? I know you're down there a lot, but this is the wrong time, you bald midget.

Joe Rogan, after a performance like that, try to refrain from licking Jones' ass ("most dominant champion of all time") in the postfight interview, okay? I know you're down there a lot, but this is the wrong time, you bald midget.

I would lick Jones' sweaty ass after that 5 round fight.

My respect for Thiago Santos just went through the roof.

Made a profit but would have been really good if Askren won, feel like I got robbed but hey, it's gambling. On to the next.

I'm tiring of Jones, a lot. When he was younger he was so amazing to watch. Now he's the ME and twice in a row we see him look like he doesn't care that much. Can't deny how great he is, most talented guy I've ever seen. But coasting to split decision wins against guys that he would have mauled 4 years ago...not a good look. Props to Santos, he kept fighting and initiated every meaningful exchange.

I guess I'm pissed because when you are blessed with the talent that Jones has, more is expected of you. But what the hell do I know, I was 1-0 in an amateur fight a hundred years ago and never fought professionally. Couldn't shine these guys shoes. But as a fan...bad taste in my mouth. I want more.

Jones explanation of not going for takedowns didn't make any sense. He either bet on himself to win decision or he's really lost a step or something.

I'm gettin on board the Walker hype train, walker for ktfo Jones

Jones will decide to show up for that one and will put Walker on his back and smash him. And everyone will realize how great Jones is.

And then we'll get two more stinkers in a row that headline big ppv cards where he coasts vs guys he should dominate. That's who Jones is now I guess...

Was an entertaining card but the ME was just slightly better than Gadelha-Markos

I'm tiring of Jones, a lot. When he was younger he was so amazing to watch. Now he's the ME and twice in a row we see him look like he doesn't care that much. Can't deny how great he is, most talented guy I've ever seen. But coasting to split decision wins against guys that he would have mauled 4 years ago...not a good look. Props to Santos, he kept fighting and initiated every meaningful exchange.

I guess I'm pissed because when you are blessed with the talent that Jones has, more is expected of you. But what the hell do I know, I was 1-0 in an amateur fight a hundred years ago and never fought professionally. Couldn't shine these guys shoes. But as a fan...bad taste in my mouth. I want more.

He only fights to the level that his opponent is. His shittiest fights were against OSP and Santos. Then, he dominates Anthony Smith, Cormier, Gustafssadssaon.

There's a crazy part - some would call arrogance, inside him that doesn't respect the likes of OSP and Santos and doesn't feel like they're worth the effort for him to wake up and do something to them. Even with the title on the line.

Back