Media UFC 279: Pre-Fight Press Conference *Update: Presser Cancelled, Card Still On (Update in OP)*

Best situation for Nate, ride out remaining time on contract while his entourage fucked up Khamzat by giving him a cut. They were ready for something to pop off.
This was Nates way out of the inevetable beating..

Kevin Holland never off the job fighting crime
Probably like all of his other crime busting, he probably started this and at the presser shows that he is the sane and upright one. He is the psychopath that no one suspected until the last scene in the movie

Khamzat
giphy.gif

Same can't be said for Khamzat? He already pulled the "hold me back bros" stunt with Paulo, now Holland punked him too.
Chimaev is an undefeated main event fighter. Holland is a failed middleweight... Nobody with half a brain is "actually" willing to fight backstage to get kicked off the card. Well maybe Holland is willing with his journeyman career.

Unless they bump the Leech and we get Tony vs Nate instead.

No way UFC would do this for Nate. Nate originally asked for Tony. UFC wanted to punk Nate one last time on his way out.
This is Nate's last fight, I wonder if he can get out of his contract if Khamzat is the one that pulls out

Not all of them would fight. That's how it is always in groups, some will fight while others won't. Also not everyone are comfortable in rumbles, it's not the same thing as sport fighting. A lot of fighters look uncomfortable during rumbles. From what I've seen with Nate, he's comfortable, he moves well and understands how to fight in that setting. I've seen other pro fighters look lost in that setting. Any fighter with security/bouncer experience would be comfortable with that too, since that's probably what they deal with the most when they used to work security.
Might sound lame but i read an article years ago on these wwf wrestlers that used to be bouncers. It was Lance Storm and i think Chris Jericho. Both were bouncing in some small shit town in Alberta. Lance said something similar like what you're saying.

Reports (not confirmed) Darren Till was injured in the altercations. Was supposedly knocked out by Chris Avila.
Chris is coming off two wins in the "Northern Iowa Fights" promotion...must have been feeling it. Either that or it was a sucker punch. I'm thinking sucker punch.

Back