UFC 283: Teixeira vs. Hill

Glover's guard compared to Craig doesn't really matter, he isn't going to pull guard. He's going to try and take him down and beat the fuck out of him on top.

Hill ITD and Walker parlay, whatever the odds are.

Let's not forget how much Jiri let Glover off in the last fight. He went full spaz fight IQ and I was sweating for that win, I even turned off in anger early in the fifth. Hill is hungry with great striking and speed. I agree with others, it's over quick.

Bear Jew was really poor last fight. Fading him now...

Hill ITD and Walker parlay, whatever the odds are.

Let's not forget how much Jiri let Glover off in the last fight. He went full spaz fight IQ and I was sweating for that win, I even turned off in anger early in the fifth. Hill is hungry with great striking and speed. I agree with others, it's over quick.

Bear Jew was really poor last fight. Fading him now...
Jiri isn’t even a good striker. He’s more of a big crazy spazz who knows some karate

Figueiredo DEC seems value. You know those Brazilian judges will be favouring the home fighters...

Jiri isn’t even a good striker. He’s more of a big crazy spazz who knows some karate

You're trollin' bro, Jiri is a top 5 striker in the UFC. His strikes come literally out of nowhere and he's got a complete arsenal of them. Who has Hill beaten that makes you think he's even ready for a fight for the belt w Glover?

You're trollin' bro, Jiri is a top 5 striker in the UFC. His strikes come literally out of nowhere and he's got a complete arsenal of them. Who has Hill beaten that makes you think he's even ready for a fight for the belt w Glover?
Karate spazz with no defense. Getting rocked on the feet by a 70 year old man and needing a meme sub to win isn’t top 5 elite striker to me

I mean jiri didn’t beat anybody either and he got to fight for the belt

glover is ancient. He gets rocked so much. I would never bet him at these odds. I think hill smokes him quick

U1.5 for Glover vs Hill.

If Glover gets him down early, Hill is in trouble. Glover's top game is still elite. If Hill keeps it standing, Glover is too slow. Hill likely blasts him.

Under 1.5 at + odds is the play imo.

Karate spazz with no defense. Getting rocked on the feet by a 70 year old man and needing a meme sub to win isn’t top 5 elite striker to me

I mean jiri didn’t beat anybody either and he got to fight for the belt

glover is ancient. He gets rocked so much. I would never bet him at these odds. I think hill smokes him quick

Ah I'd agree his defense isn't good. He takes one to land one and comes out on top. That's different than his striking offense which is top tier.

At these odds? He's a dog with 3x the wins than Hill even has fights. Old and slow perhaps but far more ways to win. You're putting your money on a low IQ fighter who got TKO'd by Paul Craig

People always talk how slow and old Glover is going to get ktfo but it literally never happens after ancient Gus and Rumble fights. Also seems like people are by nature expecting some kind of prodigy to come and dominate lhw and hw divisions. This doesnt happen either. There is no pack young lions waiting to take out the old guard. Its all an illusion. Hill might win but nothing suggest he is any better from the rest.
I think its madness to feel confident either way.

I keep on telling myself not to bet big on Glover due to his age but I just see him taking Hill down and mauling him.

People always talk how slow and old Glover is going to get ktfo but it literally never happens after ancient Gus and Rumble fights. Also seems like people are by nature expecting some kind of prodigy to come and dominate lhw and hw divisions. This doesnt happen either. There is no pack young lions waiting to take out the old guard. Its all an illusion. Hill might win but nothing suggest he is any better from the rest.
I think its madness to feel confident either way.

Agree on Hill. He's a solid LHW but prime Jon Jones type guys aren't all about to ascend to the throne. Hill looked pedestrian vs Santos for the most part. And Santos is well past his prime.

Glover is old and slow but has shown absolutely inhuman toughness. That just can't last, not at his age. He took early beatings from Lionheart, Roberson, Santos, and then Jiri before finding a way to recover and come back. (Lost the Jiri fight but had it won). I just cannot see him absorbing punishment early AGAIN and surviving. Maybe that's foolish, but Father Time is undefeated and Glover has been cheating him for awhile now LOL.

Glover needs an early TD. I think he can advance and get a dominant position on Hill if he does and probably find a sub. But if not...I think Hill smokes him.

Agree on Hill. He's a solid LHW but prime Jon Jones type guys aren't all about to ascend to the throne. Hill looked pedestrian vs Santos for the most part. And Santos is well past his prime.

Glover is old and slow but has shown absolutely inhuman toughness. That just can't last, not at his age. He took early beatings from Lionheart, Roberson, Santos, and then Jiri before finding a way to recover and come back. (Lost the Jiri fight but had it won). I just cannot see him absorbing punishment early AGAIN and surviving. Maybe that's foolish, but Father Time is undefeated and Glover has been cheating him for awhile now LOL.

Glover needs an early TD. I think he can advance and get a dominant position on Hill if he does and probably find a sub. But if not...I think Hill smokes him.

Santos got beat up for 9.5 of the first ten minutes and then dropped Glover. Smith only won the first round before Teixeira took over. I don't know if I would call either of those "beatings". Blachowicz though hit him with some big shots during the second round of their fight. If Glover can take the power shots of Blachowicz without going down it stands to reason he can take them from Hill.

Santos got beat up for 9.5 of the first ten minutes and then dropped Glover. Smith only won the first round before Teixeira took over. I don't know if I would call either of those "beatings". Blachowicz though hit him with some big shots during the second round of their fight. If Glover can take the power shots of Blachowicz without going down it stands to reason he can take them from Hill.

Santos took good shots but hurt Glover at least twice iirc? Smith beat the dogshit out of him for 5 minutes. Almost finished him and gassed out trying.

Glover is one of the toughest and most durable guys ever. Mabe he once again eats punches and somehow survives. But at some point very soon (if he keeps fighting) that ends. Could be here.

Judo’s going to be crazy in this one.
no doubt, im not feeling either. Bruno is potentially a next stud fighter to steamroll the division or just another can beater. Can't say he is either but a high finish rate for regionals is a sign of a good prospect.

Santos took good shots but hurt Glover at least twice iirc? Smith beat the dogshit out of him for 5 minutes. Almost finished him and gassed out trying.

Glover is one of the toughest and most durable guys ever. Mabe he once again eats punches and somehow survives. But at some point very soon (if he keeps fighting) that ends. Could be here.
He was also getting rocked heavily against Cutelaba.And Hill hits really hard,look what he did to Crute.Don’t wanna risk Glover surviving and subing him though,that under 1,5(or under 2,5) really is the best play.

lots of takes on the main event. What I learned taping Glover extensively for the Jiri fight, and now for the Hill fight, the guy is HARD to put away. You have to put him out cold. Guys durability and cardio at his age are insane. Plus the heart and determination on top of that. Most people recently have stunned or hurt him sure, he is taking bombs from some of the biggest hitters and in most cases, he is getting flash dropped or wobbled a bit.

Back