UFC 283: Teixeira vs. Hill

Why do people rate Hill's striking so high? He literally just has good power, and while that could be more than enough in this, he is a much worse striker than Jiri and Jan. Dude went life and death with shot Santos who isn't even a top 15 fighter in the division imo. If Glover gets on top of Hill which I see happening, he's gonna mess him up bad.

Why do people rate Hill's striking so high? He literally just has good power, and while that could be more than enough in this, he is a much worse striker than Jiri and Jan. Dude went life and death with shot Santos who isn't even a top 15 fighter in the division imo. If Glover gets on top of Hill which I see happening, he's gonna mess him up bad.
He doesn't looked jacked,but he's fast twiched,he generates good power without loading up.I can see him hurting Glover out of nowhere.Not advising a play on him though,Glover is tough.

Glover has nowhere near the bottom guard that Craig has …. Glover has chokes …

and hill still didn’t even tap with a snapped arm

hill will ktfo of glover under 2 rounds
had to bold and underline this for the people to see. Hill doing something Jiri couldn't do.
<mma4>

Agree on Hill. He's a solid LHW but prime Jon Jones type guys aren't all about to ascend to the throne. Hill looked pedestrian vs Santos for the most part. And Santos is well past his prime.

Glover is old and slow but has shown absolutely inhuman toughness. That just can't last, not at his age. He took early beatings from Lionheart, Roberson, Santos, and then Jiri before finding a way to recover and come back. (Lost the Jiri fight but had it won). I just cannot see him absorbing punishment early AGAIN and surviving. Maybe that's foolish, but Father Time is undefeated and Glover has been cheating him for awhile now LOL.

Glover needs an early TD. I think he can advance and get a dominant position on Hill if he does and probably find a sub. But if not...I think Hill smokes him.

100% agree. Hill will shock with his power....

wouldn't surprise me. It's a scary fight to bet on. I personally have Hill over Ankalaev, although I think Glover is his toughest matchup in the division. Jiti the easiest.

Yep, stylistically this is spot on imo.

You're trollin' bro, Jiri is a top 5 striker in the UFC. His strikes come literally out of nowhere and he's got a complete arsenal of them. Who has Hill beaten that makes you think he's even ready for a fight for the belt w Glover?

What's up man long time no see was worried about you your good?

Fellas, I'm seeing Daniel Marcos at +155, that's crazy right? Am I getting my guys mixed up or is he not the guy who picked Brandon Lewis apart on the Contender series?

I don't remember ever being impressed with Saimon, so I'm very tempted to hammer this line.

Fellas, I'm seeing Daniel Marcos at +155, that's crazy right? Am I getting my guys mixed up or is he not the guy who picked Brandon Lewis apart on the Contender series?

I don't remember ever being impressed with Saimon, so I'm very tempted to hammer this line.
be cautious. Olivera is much more tested and Lewis is absolute trash. On top of that Marcos cardio died at the end

be cautious. Olivera is much more tested and Lewis is absolute trash. On top of that Marcos cardio died at the end
Gonna mull over it for the next few days, since I usually like fading guys from Astra Fight Team since that's a massive can crushing camp.

Alday is a better win than Lewis for sure, but I think Marcos might be able to once again exploit the range against a shorter guy who really wants to grapple.

Bonfim KO ocer McKinney interests me, could see Terrance running into a counter with his aggression.

Riding Glover and ITD

The way Santos was wrestling Jamahal.... YIKES.

Hill ITD and Walker parlay, whatever the odds are.

Let's not forget how much Jiri let Glover off in the last fight. He went full spaz fight IQ and I was sweating for that win, I even turned off in anger early in the fifth. Hill is hungry with great striking and speed. I agree with others, it's over quick.

Bear Jew was really poor last fight. Fading him now...
He gassed himself badly and he had terrible fight iq. He was doing well i'm striking as long as his cardio held up. I think he can be good as underdog. Walker is a glass canon.

Hill ITD and Walker parlay, whatever the odds are.

Let's not forget how much Jiri let Glover off in the last fight. He went full spaz fight IQ and I was sweating for that win, I even turned off in anger early in the fifth. Hill is hungry with great striking and speed. I agree with others, it's over quick.

Bear Jew was really poor last fight. Fading him now...

Whoa I wouldn't trust Walker here at all...

Esp "whatever the odds are". His TDD and anti grappling aren't good. He managed to reverse Cutelaba yeah because of multiple fence grabs but the way that Krylov so easily dominated him with grappling shows how pedestrian Walker is there. And while Craig's TD's aren't good, he doesn't even need to end up on top. He can get creative and Walker is a flake who may well engage Craig if Paul pulls guard or whatever. And Craig is a bigger sub threat than anyone Walker has faced by far.

Hard pass paying juice on Walker here. Craig may be declining and Walker may starch him but I could just as easily see Walker dummying his way into tapping to a triangle.

Back