UFC 294 has gone to s***

I see the fact that Costa got elbow surgery and the UFC not finding a replacement right away knowing how flakey Costa is, is pretty telling.

Charles definitely dropped the ball, but fuckin Gamrot is pretty shitty.
Making Islam fight a guy he just beat really only benefits Volk since he's getting a free shot.

Now Islams first 2 defenses are to a guy from the weight class below which feels like some bullshit tbf sir
Yea, Gamrot is getting screwed but I think the UFC is making the best product they can with the options given. Personally, I am way more excited for the Volk rematch. Islam getting two wins over the alleged p4p number 1, that's pretty solid for Islam. But yes, Volk wins, the fans win and Gamrot loses.

Charles was still in Brazil when he should've been over there getting ready.
Hard sparring anything can happen, not the kind of thing you should be doing right before the fight.
It's just short of two weeks out from the fight. That's exactly when you do that last hard training session. 12 days out is no issue at all to be doing that last fight simulation sparring prior to tapering for the weightcut.

Not everybody wants to spend a month in a foreign country prior to a fight.

Charles didn't do anything wrong at all. It's just unfortunate that he got a cut and can't make the fight.

It's just short of two weeks out from the fight. That's exactly when you do that last hard training session. 12 days out is no issue at all to be doing that last fight simulation sparring prior to tapering for the weightcut.

Not everybody wants to spend a month in a foreign country prior to a fight.

Charles didn't do anything wrong at all. It's just unfortunate that he got a cut and can't make the fight.
yeah but logic doesn't fit into half baked conspiracies.

You really watch at an Applebee's?
I used to when I was in high school and first getting into it and into my early 20s. It costed nothing to get in and they had half off appetizers, 2-3 dollar beers, and 5 dollar margaritas. God I miss it

I used to when I was in high school and first getting into it and into my early 20s. It costed nothing to get in and they had half off appetizers, 2-3 dollar beers, and 5 dollar margaritas. God I miss it
Im so loud that they would throw me out for sure lol

Yea, Gamrot is getting screwed but I think the UFC is making the best product they can with the options given. Personally, I am way more excited for the Volk rematch. Islam getting two wins over the alleged p4p number 1, that's pretty solid for Islam. But yes, Volk wins, the fans win and Gamrot loses.
So apparently Kamaru Usman is fighting Khamzat

Don’t forget when people DONT pull out. TJ Dillashaw comes to mind.

What are MMA athletes doing wrong that they can’t stay healthy for 1-3 performances a year? Seems like a training modulation issue.

yeah but logic doesn't fit into half baked conspiracies.

I said it SEEMS like...not a fucking conspiracy to say that sir.
You're the one thats rattled on about a conspiracy.

What are MMA athletes doing wrong that they can’t stay healthy for 1-3 performances a year? Seems like a training modulation issue.

They're training too hard and sparring too hard most likely.

They're training too hard and sparring too hard most likely.

Hilariously in my anecdotal experience this is 100% true. It isn’t until a lot of guys hit their mid 30s that they start modulating their training to optimize recovery and injury prevention.
A month ago some visiting black belt asked me if I was gonna roll another round and I was like nah, I try to hit 8-12 rounds a week max and he was dumb founded (he’s 26) and recommended I roll much more. I was like cuz I’m 36, if I roll 20-30 rounds a week I’ll be calling an ambulance by Thursday.

all the young guys train their balls off and then wonder why theyre getting ACL/MCL repairs at 30 or needing shoulder reconstruction at 40 and popping Mortrin to bench press

Oh also ps this is like regional level fighters and grapples and kickboxers in general I’ve been around. The high level guys generally seem to understand this depending on the gym you go to

The card has been upgraded, both fights are better. Looking forward to it.

Hilariously in my anecdotal experience this is 100% true. It isn’t until a lot of guys hit their mid 30s that they start modulating their training to optimize recovery and injury prevention.
A month ago some visiting black belt asked me if I was gonna roll another round and I was like nah, I try to hit 8-12 rounds a week max and he was dumb founded (he’s 26) and recommended I roll much more. I was like cuz I’m 36, if I roll 20-30 rounds a week I’ll be calling an ambulance by Thursday.

all the young guys train their balls off and then wonder why theyre getting ACL/MCL repairs at 30 or needing shoulder reconstruction at 40 and popping Mortrin to bench press

Oh also ps this is like regional level fighters and grapples and kickboxers in general I’ve been around. The high level guys generally seem to understand this depending on the gym you go to

Chute Boxe is notorious for sparring hard, going back to Wandy, Shogun, Anderson etc.
Probably still like that sir.

most do stay healthy for 1-3 performances a year.

but it's the nature of the sport. preparing for a 3 round fight at the highest level takes an unbelievable effort, never mind a 5 round fight. we all scoff at people who gas in fights, but very few people have actually gone through the training regimen that's required if you want to fight hard for 15 minutes.

if you hold back, you're not as sharp or as well conditioned as you should be. if you don't, you risk getting injured. it's fighting. it takes one tiny fuck up and you get hurt. imagine training 10 times a week for 8 to 9 weeks and not fucking up, ever. it's a miracle people don't pull out of every second fight.

most do stay healthy for 1-3 performances a year.

but it's the nature of the sport. preparing for a 3 round fight at the highest level takes an unbelievable effort, never mind a 5 round fight. we all scoff at people who gas in fights, but very few people have actually gone through the training regimen that's required if you want to fight hard for 15 minutes.

if you hold back, you're not as sharp or as well conditioned as you should be. if you don't, you risk getting injured. it's fighting. it takes one tiny fuck up and you get hurt. imagine training 10 times a week for 8 to 9 weeks and not fucking up, ever. it's a miracle people don't pull out of every second fight.

i've been around martial arts, power lifting, wrestling, BJJ, muay thai, karate competitors, the works for well over 20 years. MMA fighters get hurt at an alarming rate even compared to wrestlers who train at much higher intensity much more often.

IMHO, it's the massive weight cuts in comparison to other combat arts.

Back