*** UFC 297: Sean Strickland vs. DDP - Who Did You Think Won Mega Thread ***

Who did you think should have won the fight?

• Dricus

Votes: 196 48.9%
  • Strickland

Votes: 205 51.1%

• Total voters
It was always going to be a momentum battle. Strickland couldn't get off the backfoot. I was surprised Dricus' cardio held up so well.

DDP for sure, I really can't grasp people saying it was 4-1 Strickland, that makes no sense

Strickland won 12 and 5 for me. Takedowns should count for less if you can't keep them down for a decent amount of time

The UFC were desperate for a South African champ probably

Strickland won on my scorecard, but it was close.

The optics of Strickland’s style aren’t great, easy to see close fights he should win going against him because of that

No idea. Strickland landed more but DDP landed harder. Impressed with DDP's level activity. Good fight.
Nnot only the level of activity but the amount of heat on the punches and kicks even into the 5th round. Impressive output throughout the fight.

I had it 48-47 DDP but damn it was close. Not one I’d argue too much though, there’s reasonable ways to score it either way.
This.

Strickland rounds 1 and 5, DDP rounds 3 and 4. Second round was so god damn close that it really comes down to nothing but a gut feeling for me, and I had DDP barely edging it out.

my thing is if I have to slow down a fight and count strikes to see who won a swing round, it can’t be a robbery, a bad decision sure but not a robbery

I agree, but I know how MMA is scored. This doesn't shock me. He did absolutely NOTHING with those takedowns and whiffed at air a lot. I was pulling for him to win, but he really didn't do much to win the fight, IMO.

I was rooting for Sean but he fell asleep in 2 3 4 and gave the fight away. 1 and 5 were his easily

I can't wait for all the gifs of DDP swinging at air and almost falling over.

he must have pushed the air with his fists to cut open Strickland then. Must have been some otherworldly air punches. Another Stricknerd on full copium hahaha

I was a little surprised it was split decision.

Strickland fans on suicide watch
LGBT advocates rejoice

I thought Strickland did enough but very close fight.

Dricus pressure had a lot on influence even tho he didn't actually land much

It was a pillowfight.

I think most people who have a good eye noticed the same thing. I actually am willing to give DDP the 4th and 5th cause he did land big shots in those rounds but the first 3 rounds he legit didnt land shit all while getting his eye shut. I honestly think they gave him the 2nd and 3rd cause of the take downs.
I only gave him the 4th. Strickland outlanded him pretty heavy in the 5th.

But yeah, I was watching this pretty closely, Dricus landed almost nothing in those first 3 rounds.

He did hit takedowns, but never completed them or inflicted any damage.

Scoring is pretty crazy here. I don't know how you justify someone winning rounds when they aren't actually landing anything.

The takedowns, (even though no offense came from them) forward pressure and the cut that Dricus opened up were good optics for the judges.

Could've went either way as round 3 was close. Champ should've gotten the nod in my opinion.

Back