UFC 300 is 4 days after end of ramadan

so the bets are open

where are Makachev and Khamzat standing??

they could both fight on the card

i expect that they will annouce

Makachev vs Leon Edwards
which is an amazing fight and a test for both
Don't think that training and observing the customs of fasting from sun up to sundown works well for fighting at a high level. Maybe if Khamzat had all his fight camps like he was in Ramadan he would have made weight? Guess we will never know.

Leon weighs over 190 lbs on fight night. Yeah, Islam starts his cut from like 173-175 when he's not fasting and not drinking water during his camp, and would be quite a bit smaller if his camp was during ramadan. Why on earth would he agree to waste his only opportunity at winning a 2nd belt on fighting at a 20 lb weight disadvantage and being drained for most of the camp?
Volk did it for him

If your from Dagestan or around there it's a big time difference anyway. Just train at night n sleep during day. Likely better anyway . I dont think its as big a deal considering the time difference. Jmo . .

Volk did it for him
Under absolutely no circumstances was Volk fighting at a 20 lb weight disadvantage. FW and LW are only 10 lbs apart in the first place, and Volk's not even Muslim, and neither of their fights were anywhere near Ramadan, so why the hell would he be fasting and dehydrating for a month before the fight? Volk was eating and drinking significantly MORE than normal before both of those fights to specifically gain weight, and there was maybe a 2-3 lb difference in the cage if that.

I doubt we'll see either fighter until June or October this year.

If your from Dagestan or around there it's a big time difference anyway. Just train at night n sleep during day. Likely better anyway . I dont think its as big a deal considering the time difference. Jmo . .

Lol. No problem bro, just adjust your entire sleep schedule and get all your training partners and coaches to do the same.

Lol. No problem bro, just adjust your entire sleep schedule and get all your training partners and coaches to do the same.
Have to adjust sleep schedule anyway. And for a person like Khabib or like would have no issue having training partners etc do same. Is it ideal no of course not buy it can be made to work if wanted

Khamzat literally said he's not fighting that soon after Ramadan.

Fight day isnt the issue, its training during Ramadan, that if they observe the traditions, which i guess most of them do, wont happen.

That's kind of called cutting weight though.
Kind of, but not really. As part of weight cutting is doing a water load prior to the actual water cut. Given they wouldn't be able to do that effectively not being able to drink water for most of the day for the month before the fight. Seems pretty bad. There's a reason guys tend to not fight around Ramadan who practice it. Especially those cutting substantial weight.

Why is anyone pretending like Ramadan matters to these fighters? They fight in their underwear on camera for a living, and many of them put all sorts of questionable supplements in their bodies to gain a competitive advantage, that's about as haram as it gets, but suddenly when it comes to ramadan they're a religious fundamentalist? Get outta here with that.

During daytime, between suhoor and iftar, fasting Muslims are mandated to abstain from foods and drinks, even drinking water.
The no drinking part, I remember a dozen years ago when, I think, Ramadan happened in the middle of the summer, when you have like 18 hours of daytime and it's mostly fucking hot, even in Europe. I found it kinda crazy. Did it only happen in my mind ? I'm quite sure I remember that.

Khamzat can't get a visa to the US right now so he isn't fighting at 300, period. Or any immediate future card in the US.

Ramadan is just day time intermittent fasting where you skip lunch. They get breakfast to last through the day and dinner and as much as they want to last through the night until their breakfast meal. It's literally just skipping lunch.

And they're doing it from their AC controlled buildings and cars. They're not some nomadic tribe in the scorching desert anymore where an 8 hour break is actually difficult.

I'm tired of pretending otherwise.

Not being able to eat or drink during the day makes it close to impossible to train for a whole month prior to a fight especially a world championship one.
Could they switch up things and sleep during the day and train at night?
Genuinely curious

Back