UFC 300: Pereira vs. Hill

Yeah I'm definitely not advocating a big play on him. He's the dog for a reason. But even at current odds, line is a bit too wide imo. There are a couple ptv's for him. He could use his speed and footwork to win a boring sparring match like vs Jones, or he could land one killshot and send Fig to the nether realm. Neither are "likely", but combine them and imo he's got a 35-40% chance to win.
35-40% seems high haha. Jones is dogshit compared to Figgy and not even 1/3rd the fighter. Trying to nuke Figgy is narrow (but possible), Figgy has 1 TKO loss from a doctor stoppage in 25 fights.

More of a 75% Figgy 25% Cody imo

Cody by KO for +600 could be worth a stab if anything, he has a better chance of getting the finish then a perfect decision.

35-40% seems high haha. Jones is dogshit compared to Figgy and not even 1/3rd the fighter. Trying to nuke Figgy is narrow (but possible), Figgy has 1 TKO loss from a doctor stoppage in 25 fights.

More of a 75% Figgy 25% Cody imo

Cody by KO for +600 could be worth a stab if anything, he has a better chance of getting the finish then a perfect decision.

I think Fig's chin is good but remember most of his career was him as a monster 125'er fighting smaller guys. Now he's up a weight class vs a huge hitter. Moreno couldn't ever finish him via strikes but wobbled him multiple times. Cody has dynamite in his hands so yeah that KO line is juicy. It's not like Fig hasn't been willing at times to just stand in the pocket and trade.

Fig/Cody - Figs ML is unplayable. Don't think his KO line is good either. I rate Fig quite highly, I think he's definitely a step up in quality for Cody compared to his last few years of match ups, but i don't think the concerns about Cody's chin are as relevant now as they were a few years ago. 3 and a half years now since he last got KOed, Fig does have power and can hurt Cody but I don't think it'd a guarantee. One thing I noticed in the Kelleher fight is that Cody didn't fight scared. He had a few fights after getting knocked out where he looked petrified of being hit (Munhoz fight being one of them iirc) and at this level you can't fight like that. Kelleher fight he looked more of Cody of old, ate a couple of clean shots which must be a huge mental boost.

I don't think the speed advantage will be as prominent as it usually is for Cody. The leg kicks Kelleher was landing too is a bit of a concern given Fig has better leg kicks.

I'm considering u2.5 @ 1.71. despite what I said, Fig does have power and I think will be aggressive. Similarly, I think Cody will be aggressive off the back of that Kelleher fight rather than his previous fighting scared. I could see either guy getting clipped in some big exchanges. Also considering Fig sub @ 5 - like I said, KO line is too short for me but he's got a solid guillotine and decent RNC, I don't think Fig is shooting takedowns and putting on a grappling clinic but I could see him getting a flash knockdown or hurting Cody and then jumping on a guillotine should the opportunity present itself.

Green/Miller - huge Miller fan, his reconnaissance has been great to watch and I'm happy he gets to fight on 300. That said, I think Green decision is the most likely outcome and it's pretty good odds at 2.5. millers wins have been against a step down in competition. Green has for a long time been durable, his last 3 losses being KOs is a concern and raises questions about his durability given Green himself is getting old. I think those 3 losses were also against a higher level of opposition than Jim though and should be taken into account. Green decision properly is the only way to play Bobby in my eyes - the SU odds aren't good enough and Jim hasn't lost his durability. I was mulling over Mullers props but I think a method of victory for him is a lot more difficult to predict given his sub prowess, his recent KOs/Greens chin issues and a decision isn't out of the realms of possibility. I think it's Green Dec @ 2.5 or Miller SU if he gets to 2.8-3.0 territory. Or just watch as a fan and hope Miller pulls it off.

Turned/Moicano - Moicano moving up to 155 was a great move for him. Think he was killing himself making 145 and it affected his durability. He's a talented grappler and the move up hasn't hurt that. Think he's in for a rough night though. Turner is very difficult to ground and I think Moicano is at a big disadvantage on the feet. I just don't think Moicano is going to be able to get his grappling going here. I think turner is able to fight long and punish Moicano anytime he attempts to get inside and eventually breaks him. If Moicano does manage to get inside, I think Turner can avoid being taken down more often than not. He might get grounded once or twice, but it'll take 3/4 attempts each time and I don't think he can keep him down for long, or there's any guarantee of him being able to get the back for a RNC. Think the odds are about right so no real bets, the KO line is too short but I think I like Turner SU to use in some doubles or trebles.

Holm/Harrison - not sure how she wins but Harrison takes it. Holm has become a grind against the cage wrestler as she's aged but she she can't do that here and I don't think her striking is at the level of was to win a stand up fight. I think Harrison does whatever she wants. Not touching this.

Kattar/Aljo - Think the move to 145 will be diminishing returns for Aljo. He's a great grappler with not great takedowns and he's not going to be the bigger guy in this or a lot of fights. I think Kattar stuffs almost every takedown and boxes him up - could KO him but likely decision. Kattar 2.4 SU is fine by me, I'd have taken him at pick em odds.

Jiri/Rakic - probably see how Jiri looks at the weigh in. An absolute war with Glover, serious injury then KOed by Alex, who knows how he looks. Rakic is good, don't think he does anything particularly world class though. I'd have much preferred to see Jiri Vs Ankalaev (would be on Ankalaev). If Jiri looks good at the weigh ins and ends up as a slight dog or better, I'll probably take him, or if his KO prop goes to 3.0.

Arman/Charles - great fight. Unfortunately the odds are bang on. I think this is Armans coming out fight for casuals against a big name. Love Charles and he's an opportunistic finisher but I think Arman is too slick and is getting the better of Charles wherever this fight goes. No bet but Arman decision or late KO after breaking Charles down.

Gaethje/Max - love them both, another great fight. Be interesting to see how Max looks on the scales, I think he's out on size the right way and it could be closer than expected. I'm expecting an absolute war, FotN and FotY contender. If Max looks good on the scales I might back him but most likely look at o2.5 @ 1.41. both guys can take unreal punishment. Decision props might be interesting but I think over is best, then just enjoy the war.

Alex/Hill - think Alex is playable at 1.70, definitely if that improves. Think this generally plays out on the feet, I think Hill is decent but not world class. Hill has a chip on his shoulder and I don't think will come out shooting takedowns and that will be to his detriment. I think Alex wins the striking exchanges and the finish comes in the second or third, it all depends on how reckless Hill gets.

How do you get 75%?

Theres no way to make money long-term backing a favorite as shallow as Figgy in this spot at 75%.
I'm not betting Figgy, saying line is accurate, if they fought 4 times I'd expect him to win 3 of them.

I think Fig's chin is good but remember most of his career was him as a monster 125'er fighting smaller guys. Now he's up a weight class vs a huge hitter. Moreno couldn't ever finish him via strikes but wobbled him multiple times. Cody has dynamite in his hands so yeah that KO line is juicy. It's not like Fig hasn't been willing at times to just stand in the pocket and trade.
I just think its just as big of a risk for Cody to go in the pocket swinging, his chin is way worse and Figgy was killing himself to make 125 so was super drained. Maybe a Garbrandt KO sprinkle if I'm itching to play an attractive line but most likely just gonna sit back and enjoy this one, its gonna be a long night of fights haha.

Lots of value dogs on this stacked card.

Yan at almost +400 is disrespectful. Only way zhang covers is if she can easily take yan down.

Washed fig at over -300 is a laugh.

Honestly like all the dogs. All of them. Well maybe not Brundage, but he’ll probably win by dq

I just think its just as big of a risk for Cody to go in the pocket swinging, his chin is way worse and Figgy was killing himself to make 125 so was super drained. Maybe a Garbrandt KO sprinkle if I'm itching to play an attractive line but most likely just gonna sit back and enjoy this one, its gonna be a long night of fights haha.

Oh undoubtedly it's as big a risk, maybe bigger. But that's why Cody KO is +550 and Fig KO is +175. Cody's chin is most likely worse than Fig's even at 135, but I'd argue Cody has more power and faster hands. Fig is still the better overall fighter at this point, I feel like I'm selling Cody too much but it's really just an odds play. Guy who is deservedly a dog is just too big a dog.

Lots of value dogs on this stacked card.

Yan at almost +400 is disrespectful. Only way zhang covers is if she can easily take yan down.

Washed fig at over -300 is a laugh.

Honestly like all the dogs. All of them. Well maybe not Brundage, but he’ll probably win by dq

Barring some fluke, cannot see Moicano finding a ptv vs Turner. Longer, way bigger, faster LW vs a blown up FW with a bad chin and worse striking. Seems tailor made for Turner to shine here.

Barring some fluke, cannot see Moicano finding a ptv vs Turner. Longer, way bigger, faster LW vs a blown up FW with a bad chin and worse striking. Seems tailor made for Turner to shine here.
Moicano extends the fight, turner gases and gets grappled. He’s cutting a ridiculous amount of weight. I can’t back him at this price

Moicano extends the fight, turner gases and gets grappled. He’s cutting a ridiculous amount of weight. I can’t back him at this price

Moicano looked stone dead himself rd 3 vs Dober though. He won because Dober tried that same low % throw that worked earlier and Moicano was just good enough a grappler to lay on top of Dober for rd 3 and eek out the decision.

Gassed Moicano likely can't take down gassed Turner later in the fight and the bigger, better striker still has his way.

One thing about Turner is hasnt really lost to anyone but Hooker and Dan went beast mode in the later half if that fight just like when he fought Dustin.

Hard to not see Moicano get clipped at some point.

Moicano looked stone dead himself rd 3 vs Dober though. He won because Dober tried that same low % throw that worked earlier and Moicano was just good enough a grappler to lay on top of Dober for rd 3 and eek out the decision.

Gassed Moicano likely can't take down gassed Turner later in the fight and the bigger, better striker still has his way.
-225 isn’t a price I want to pay for a guy who lost to washed Dan hooker. He gassed and got hurt and nearly finished. He said that was the worst weight cut of his life. I can’t imagine they get a whole lot easier.

He should wash moicano but I thought dober would knock him out. He’s a weasel

Line is probably accurate. I would like turner at under -200

Last edited:
After much debating with myself I have realised that no one if forcing me to bet the main event. For me it's Hill or pass, but I can't get over the injury and Hill always looking so out of shape. It's a pass for me.

I'm wondering if people are going to continue to pile in on the Max line? It's getting to a point soon where a bet on Gaethje is looking very good. I think Gaethje wins this fight at a fairly high clip. I can see a scenario where Gaethje blasts the leg kicks over and over again in R1 and R2 and despite having better cardio Max is too damaged to capitalise on it.

After much debating with myself I have realised that no one if forcing me to bet the main event. For me it's Hill or pass, but I can't get over the injury and Hill always looking so out of shape. It's a pass for me.

I'm wondering if people are going to continue to pile in on the Max line? It's getting to a point soon where a bet on Gaethje is looking very good. I think Gaethje wins this fight at a fairly high clip. I can see a scenario where Gaethje blasts the leg kicks over and over again in R1 and R2 and despite having better cardio Max is too damaged to capitalise on it.
I wouldn’t be concerned with hills cardio. He’s look out of shape before. Pereira is the one who gasses from doing nothing

I think hill knocks him out. The hand speed and power will be too much

-225 isn’t a price I want to pay for a guy who lost to washed Dan hooker. He gassed and got hurt and nearly finished. He said that was the worst weight cut of his life. I can’t imagine they get a whole lot easier.

He should wash moicano but I thought dober would knock him out. He’s a weasel

Line is probably accurate. I would like turner at under -200

I agree that I'd like a little better price on him, but I can't see him losing here outside something fluky. If Moicano gassed vs Dober like that to where he needed a massive mistake to eek it out, he will likely gas worse vs a bigger, better grappler in Turner. So even if Turner gasses too, he probably will already be ahead and won't be in much trouble with Moicano also dead tired.
Weird things do happen and Moicano isn't a bum so I'm holding myself back from going too crazy.

Fig will perform very good without the 10 pound weight cut and he’ll also have a twenty pound advantage over Cody. He is a natural flyweight so him losing to Kai is embarrassing. Fig’s age is not a problem
FIGUEIREDO BY KNOCKOUT

Green looked washed against Tony which is why he was a big underdog against Dawson. And now he’s coming off a brutal loss. Miller already won in UFC 100 and 200. He will win again at UFC 300
MILLER BY DECISION

Andrade is going to win by being stronger and having a grappling/experience edge. She slammed Rose on her head and broke her nose in the rematch. Marina is a frail weak little girl. Andrade will push her to the ground and maul her
ANDRADE BY DECISION

Turner will have almost 50 pound advantage over Moicano come fight night. Moicano doesn’t have the takedown entries of Gamrot. This fight will remain standing and Moicano is gonna get slept
TURNER BY KNOCKOUT

Lopes is going to win because Yusuff has bad defense and he is very easy to fool. Lopes is a trickster and his skill level is around Evloev
LOPES BY SUBMISSION

Harrison is going to maul Holm and I like the plus money inside the distance
HARRISON BY SUBMISSION

Sterling is going to outwrestle Kattar. Kattar can catch him but it’s very unlikely in my opinion. Size-wise I don’t think will be a problem at all. Kattar doesn’t have the striking finesse of Omalley, not even close. He will be better prepared for this fight
STERLING BY DECISION

Rakic will have a 30 pound advantage over Jiri. I’ve seen Reyes outwrestle Jiri and Dolloway leg kick him. Stylistically this is a good fight for Rakic. He’s a strong wrestler with good kicks. He has high IQ and fights very smart. Jiri has been figured out and his mystique is gone. I also know that Serbians are very strong, not just physically but mentally. I’m not worried about the layoff and injury. We have seen Aspinall come back better than ever
RAKIC BY DECISION

Bo takes him down and submits him. Ive seen Dumas outwrestle Brundage. There is value in Nickal by submission in round one
NICKAL BY SUBMISSION

Tsarukyan is going to takedown Oliveira and maul him. Outside of a lucky punch, Arman will win this fight. I think the difference will be Armans willingness to take this fight to the ground. This will be a changing of the guard
TSARUKYAN BY DECISION

Gaethje is old and has taken a lot of damage. Holloway is the best boxer in the UFC. There’s a reason people say “The Blessed is Best.” Gaethje looked awful in the Fiziev fight and Max is bigger and way better than Fiziev. Gaethje also has overrated power and I’ve seen him get finished by Alvarez and Poirier. Holloway did better against Poirier around this time (2018-2019)
HOLLOWAY BY KNOCKOUT

They are both strikers but Zhang has a grappling edge. But sometimes fighters don’t wrestle when they have the grappling advantage. I’m not very confident, I think there is value in underdog
ZHANG BY DECISION

Pereira is almost 40 and we’ve seen him get KO’d in the ufc octagon. Jamahal is the fresher, younger, new generation fighter. He has a granite chin and he’s improving at a rapid pace
HILL BY KNOCKOUT

Last edited:
I agree that I'd like a little better price on him, but I can't see him losing here outside something fluky. If Moicano gassed vs Dober like that to where he needed a massive mistake to eek it out, he will likely gas worse vs a bigger, better grappler in Turner. So even if Turner gasses too, he probably will already be ahead and won't be in much trouble with Moicano also dead tired.
Weird things do happen and Moicano isn't a bum so I'm holding myself back from going too crazy.
I think live betting Moicano or betting him by sub rds 2,3 is the way to play him. He’s likely losing rd 1 unless he can get a take down. I’d have to refresh but I think he has good timing on his tds

I’m a turner fan and was burned big by his fight with hooker. That was my biggest bet in a long time. Think I got him around -150. I thought he still arguably won but I am jaded by that fight

I think live betting Moicano or betting him by sub rds 2,3 is the way to play him. He’s likely losing rd 1 unless he can get a take down. I’d have to refresh but I think he has good timing on his tds

I’m a turner fan and was burned big by his fight with hooker. That was my biggest bet in a long time. Think I got him around -150. I thought he still arguably won but I am jaded by that fight
We all get jaded by specific fights. You aren't alone at all.

Fig will perform very good without the 10 pound weight cut and he’ll also have a twenty pound advantage over Cody. He is a natural flyweight so him losing to Kai is embarrassing. Fig’s age is not a problem
FIGUEIREDO BY KNOCKOUT

Green looked washed against Tony which is why he was a big underdog against Dawson. And now he’s coming off a brutal loss. Miller already won in UFC 100 and 200. He will win again at UFC 300
MILLER BY DECISION

Andrade is going to win by being stronger and having a grappling/experience edge. She slammed Rose on her head and broke her nose in the rematch. Marina is a frail weak little girl. Andrade will push her to the ground and maul her
ANDRADE BY DECISION

Turner will have almost 50 pound advantage over Moicano come fight night. Moicano doesn’t have the takedown entries of Gamrot. This fight will remain standing and Moicano is gonna get slept
TURNER BY KNOCKOUT

Lopes is going to win because Yusuff has bad defense and he is very easy to fool. Lopes is a trickster and his skill level is around Evloev
LOPES BY SUBMISSION

Harrison is going to maul Holm and I like the plus money inside the distance
HARRISON BY SUBMISSION

Sterling is going to outwrestle Kattar. Kattar can catch him but it’s very unlikely in my opinion. Size-wise I don’t think will be a problem at all. Kattar doesn’t have the striking finesse of Omalley, not even close. He will be better prepared for this fight
STERLING BY DECISION

Rakic will have a 30 pound advantage over Jiri. I’ve seen Reyes outwrestle Jiri and Dolloway leg kick him. Stylistically this is a good fight for Rakic. He’s a strong wrestler with good kicks. He has high IQ and fights very smart. Jiri has been figured out and his mystique is gone. I also know that Serbians are very strong, not just physically but mentally. I’m not worried about the layoff and injury. We have seen Aspinall come back better than ever
RAKIC BY DECISION

Bo takes him down and submits him. Ive seen Dumas outwrestle Brundage. There is value in Nickal by submission in round one
NICKAL BY SUBMISSION

Tsarukyan is going to takedown Oliveira and maul him. Outside of a lucky punch, Arman will win this fight. I think the difference will be Armans willingness to take this fight to the ground. This will be a changing of the guard
TSARUKYAN BY DECISION

Gaethje is old and has taken a lot of damage. Holloway is the best boxer in the UFC. There’s a reason people say “The Blessed is Best.” Gaethje looked awful in the Fiziev fight and Max is bigger and way better than Fiziev. Gaethje also has overrated power and I’ve seen him get finished by Alvarez and Poirier. Holloway did better against Poirier around this time (2018-2019)
HOLLOWAY BY KNOCKOUT

They are both strikers but Zhang has a grappling edge. But sometimes fighters don’t wrestle when they have the grappling advantage. I’m not very confident, I think there is value in underdog
ZHANG BY DECISION

Pereira is almost 40 and we’ve seen him get KO’d in the ufc octagon. Jamahal is the fresher, younger, new generation fighter. He has a granite chin and he’s improving at a rapid pace
HILL BY KNOCKOUT

Where are you getting that Rakic will be 30 lbs heavier LOL? That seems...very extreme and not plausible.

Also, Rose won the rematch. Andrade slammed her in the first fight.

Fig 20 lbs heavier too? Dude...

Edit: Turner is obviously a lot bigger than Moicano but 50 lbs...these seem like #'s pulled out of nowhere LMAO

Last edited:
Back