UFC 300: Pereira vs. Hill

is-jamal-hill-the-most-unhinged-fighter-on-the-foster-v0-futxtv35j7gc1.jpg

yeah. theres something wrong with this dude. He beat the shit out of his brother for calling him a deadbeat dad (which he is).
I remember when he was on ig begging for puss "we at this spot, any ladies want to come by and hit me up“ shits embarrassing.

What a moron. The guy is saying he's rooting for Hill to humble Perriera, and Hill launches into a tirade because he can't read and thought the guy was telling him to be humble. Wow.

What a moron. The guy is saying he's rooting for Hill to humble Perriera, and Hill launches into a tirade because he can't read and thought the guy was telling him to be humble. Wow.

"I met Jamal once. He seemed chill at first and then he slowly started to get cocky and aggressive towards me. This was before he was in line for a title shot too."

yeah hes unstable

Lmao. He was probably already angry and thats when its so easy to take whatever people say and see it as an attack. I recall reading if someone is angry with you it can be dangerous to text them because whatever you text will likely be seen as negative. The guy might have just turned a good supporter into someone who now dislikes him. Really dumb

Is the prevailing thought that Rodriguez probably is a dog here because of her ability to get stuck on her back and that she's really bad against wrestlers? It's been some years since we've seen a dominant wrestling performance from Andrade. I was kind of thinking Rodriguez snaps out of her recent funk with a performance like she had against Ribas. Thoughts?

Is the prevailing thought that Rodriguez probably is a dog here because of her ability to get stuck on her back and that she's really bad against wrestlers? It's been some years since we've seen a dominant wrestling performance from Andrade. I was kind of thinking Rodriguez snaps out of her recent funk with a performance like she had against Ribas. Thoughts?
Yep. Roll with the underdog.

Agree. I've been talking with PR about that. I'm going to play Marina pre fight small, and I'll add live if Andrade hasn't tried to wrestle for the first 3 minutes or so. And I'll switch sides if Andrade is in wrestle mode and not trying to strike.

Wouldn't be shocked to see Jessica pivot back to her wrestling. A good chunk of her recent opponents just simply didn't lend themselves for that strategy - Blanchfield, Suarez and Dern aren't the women you want to get in a wrestling match with, and the Yan fight ended too early to know what her gameplan was gonna be (on top of being in the middle of that string of fights Jessica took for quick paychecks).

This is also Jessica's first fight with a layoff longer than 2-3 months since 2022, which could mean she's gonna feel rejuvenated.

At first glance loving the overs on max/justin. Gotta ride w Charles as he’s made me lots of money have him as the last leg of a parlay with omalley and Dustin already winning. I like aljo to our point kattar and I think fig absolutely destroys Cody. I can never take that guy he does so many dumb things and I don’t care if he’s well above +200. Will find a way to get something descent on bo he most likely finishes but it always seems like a coin flip on a tko or sub.

Pereira def. Hill via TKO (leg kicks and punch)
Weili def. Yan via DEC (unanimous)
Holloway def. Gaethje via TKO (punches)
Oliveira def. Tsarukyan via KO (punches)
Nickal def. Brundage via SUB (choke)

Rakic def. Prochazka via DEC (unanimous)
Sterling def. Kattar via DEC (unanimous)
Harrison def. Holm via SUB (choke)
Lopes def. Yusuff via KO (punch)

Moicano def. Turner via SUB (choke)
Rodriguez def. Andrade via TKO (knees)
Miller def. Green via TKO (punches)
Garbrandt def. Figueiredo via DEC (split)

I might go for Weili's sub prop.

Just rewatched Turner vs Green. I'd forgotten how badly that ref apparently hated Bobby Green. What a completely unnecessary and brutal ending to that fight.

Turner is also maybe the biggest LW I've ever seen. Only one that compares maybe is Chiesa when he killed himself making 155.

Just rewatched Turner vs Green. I'd forgotten how badly that ref apparently hated Bobby Green. What a completely unnecessary and brutal ending to that fight.
I posted this a page back. Green's coming back quick from that damage! So many unnecessary shots

I posted this a page back. Green's coming back quick from that damage! So many unnecessary shots

"The number one job of the ref is to protect the safety of the fighters".

Props that favor probability for best odds.

Fig by points/300+
Fig. has 1 ko since 2019 against top competition, wins majority by sub and dec. Most kos account for his early ufc matches , and early mma career. Cody is a solid grappler with good defense. the threat of ko is there as cody can be chinny, but Fig is not a heavy puncher.

Green points/160+

Miller has 2 kos loss in 54 fights and dec is Green's primary win method.

Marina points 235+ or Andrade ko 300+ / 250+ points
leaning more towards Marina as she is bigger and fights similar to Rose. And leaning slightly to Andrade dec than a ko.

Turmer ko round 1 125+ or ko round 2 400+

Moicano loses r1 ko 2x against heavy ko artist, and early round 2.

Yufef points 265+ or ML 115+

Lopez always loses by points historically when he makes the jump to a higher skilled striker. His high finish rate always hits the ceiling in terms of opponent level. Yusef went 5 rounds with Edson who is far more lethal in striking, unless he gets subbed, but he's defensively sound..

Jiri Ml 105+ or 165+ ko / Rakic ko 265+ or round 2 800+ / Draw 6600+

Jiri is the value side and i've seen Rakic get dropped by Devin Clark. Rakic by ko in round 2 cause his leg kicks are likely to break down Jiri around this time, round 2-3 are usually where tko leg injury happen, i think Jiri is getting his lead leg mangled.

draw bets rarely hit but i see 10-8 round being handed here because jiri has propensity to start strong early and can kd Rakic and lose the later rounds.

Bo ko 145+

Bo has equal chance at sub but i'm going for plus odds here.

Arman points 300+ Charles ko round 2 1600+

Doubt Charles can ko Arman early , just on skill level i think Charles ko threat starts around round 2-3. Arman by dec as a hedge because it's his most common way to win. Arman ko 1-2 465+ or 675+

Justin points 600+ split dec
I''m just not feeling the whole fight in general. i think max can make it competitive enough that we get a split dec either way.

Weiling points 200+

This one just seems more obvious that she wins a boring LnP points, sub prop for an extra 100+ is possible but for that extra 100+ i'd rather sacrifice those odds for the likelier scenario. Yan ko 1000+ looks possible, KOing Andrade in her last fight can mean she's improved in boxing ability.

Hill / Pereira FGTD 400+

I liken this fight to go the distance, both guys have good chins, and i don't see Alex pressing Hill like he did Izzy. And Hill isn't that heavy a puncher. 400+ is pretty good odds and you don't need to rely on this pick'em fight to go one way.

Fig by points/300+
Fig. has 1 ko since 2019 against top competition, wins majority by sub and dec. Most kos account for his early ufc matches , and early mma career. Cody is a solid grappler with good defense. the threat of ko is there as cody can be chinny, but Fig is not a heavy puncher.
Take this into consideration: The guys that Fig was unable to KO since 2019 have a combined 1 loss by KO/TKO as pros, and Alex Perez is the guy responsible for that lone stoppage loss, a guy Fig also subbed in 1 round.

Take this into consideration: The guys that Fig was unable to KO since 2019 have a combined 1 loss by KO/TKO as pros, and Alex Perez is the guy responsible for that lone stoppage loss, a guy Fig also subbed in 1 round.
the move up in weight and cody going the distance with rob in 5 rounds. cody has made improvement here, technique wise, and it's only 3 rounds. I acknowledge it's there as a threat but i'm leaning more on Fig breaking him down more to the body and legs. Fig has never really overwhelmed anyone with his striking, the last ko to Joe Benavidez he was losing on strikes number wise, i just think Cody is good enough to go the score cards.

Garbrandt can absolutely beat Figueiredo there is tremendous value on Cody imo.

Figueiredo was losing the striking exchanges to Rob Font during the first two rounds and would steal them at the end of the round with a barrage of offense. Figueiredo was exclusively looking to grapple even to his own detriment. Getting off that type of offensive barrage in the last fifteen seconds against Cody will be far more difficult given his speed, footwork, and the power of his counters.

Figueiredo was landing 1-2 strikes a minute during the first two rounds against Font I cant understand how anyone can be confident in him.

Fig by points/300+

#1, what's your definition of "top competition"?

Font? Fig's debut in a new weight class, vs a guy who's never lost by KO/TKO?

Moreno? You're going to use HIM as a point, a guy who's been a champion, and he's also never lost by KO/TKO? And Moreno took some bombs and kept coming.

Perez, he quickly subbed.

And Benavidez, who had a pretty good record previously, did get TKO'd, then subbed.

I don't know how heavy a puncher he is, but I'd certainly heard he was. Maybe he's not now. But that's a weak argument to prove it.

Garbrandt can absolutely beat Figueiredo there is tremendous value on Cody imo.

Figueiredo was losing the striking exchanges to Rob Font during the first two rounds and would steal them at the end of the round with a barrage of offense. Figueiredo was exclusively looking to grapple even to his own detriment. Getting off that type of offensive barrage in the last fifteen seconds against Cody will be far more difficult given his speed, footwork, and the power of his counters.

Figueiredo was landing 1-2 strikes a minute during the first two rounds against Font I cant understand how anyone can be confident in him.
Well, for one Cody lands a whopping 3.06 strikes landed per minute to Font's 5.53, which is even less than Figueiredo's own 3.08.

Furthermore in the Font/Fig fight, they were one significant strike apart, it's also not unreasonable to think that Cody might be timid due to the power coming his way. We already saw that against Trevin Jones, a fight in which Cody landed less than 30 significant strikes over the whole fight.

There's also a massive difference in strength of schedule between the two - going from Trevin Jones and Kelleher to an actual championship caliber fighter is a very big jump, and there's no reason to have confidence in Cody being ready for it considering how his last showings against good fighters looked like.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cehuff
Back