PBP UFC Fight Night 169: Benavidez vs Figueiredo PBP Discussion: 5:00pm ET/2:00pm PT

Who wins?

• Total voters
Heard of him before, didn't realize it was him though. Lol at that GIF, haha!
He had epic interviews back then. Crazy guy

Big feud with the gracies

Finished royce in bjj at the peak of his career, when royce was the man. Fought in pride and ufc too.

Also involded in some crazy shit:

In 1996, Wallid was involved in a violent incident with Edson Carvalho, a judo black belt and fellow Carlson Gracie trainee. The matter took place in Georges Mehdi's judo school, which both Ismail and Carvalho were attending at the time. After heated words among the two, a sparring turned into an all-out fight when Ismail and Carvalho attacked each other. Mehdi intervened to break up the brawl and expel them out of the academy, but the two fighters resumed fighting as soon as they were in the street. Seeing the situation, Mehdi opted for calling the police, but it arrived too late and didn't compromise to break up the violence, and meanwhile Wallid was brutally beaten down and left unconscious and profusely bleeding. After the incident was finally over, Ismail had to be attended by Mehdi himself and spent a week in an ICU, with 20 stitches in his head, both orbital bones broken and many other facial injuries.

The incident had deep repercussions. Carvalho's coach, Antônio "Mestre da Morte" Lacerda, declared himself prideful of his trainee's act and actually paraded through the city with the bloody gi jacket of Ismail.[1] Carlson Gracie, who was teaching in United States at the time, returned to Brazil and attacked Lacerda in a public meeting, challenging him to a fight, but nothing came from it. Ismail claims that Edson's brother Ricardo Carvalho intervened actively in the brawl and that it became a 2-on-1,[11] but Mehdi himself dismissed this version and assured that the fight was fair.[12]

Benavidez handled that as well as possible. "I'm lucky to be alive, I guess" has to be one of the best lines in post-defeat interview history. He was devastated.
Yeah, you gotta feel for the guy. Joe B is a good dude.

giphy.gif
How long has it been since you got on top of a high place,pumped your fists,and shouted "jiu-jit-su!" over and over? Have you ever?

Well i'm out guys, thanks for the laughs and fun!!.. I'm gonna have a bath now and relax and then do some reading and rest.. take care everyone, much love.

Next up is Adesanya vs Romero, that should be fun!!!. Peace. Meow :p

He had epic interviews back then. Crazy guy

Big feud with the gracies

Finished royce in bjj at the peak of his career, when royce was the man. Fought in pride and ufc too.

Also involded in some crazy shit:

In 1996, Wallid was involved in a violent incident with Edson Carvalho, a judo black belt and fellow Carlson Gracie trainee. The matter took place in Georges Mehdi's judo school, which both Ismail and Carvalho were attending at the time. After heated words among the two, a sparring turned into an all-out fight when Ismail and Carvalho attacked each other. Mehdi intervened to break up the brawl and expel them out of the academy, but the two fighters resumed fighting as soon as they were in the street. Seeing the situation, Mehdi opted for calling the police, but it arrived too late and didn't compromise to break up the violence, and meanwhile Wallid was brutally beaten down and left unconscious and profusely bleeding. After the incident was finally over, Ismail had to be attended by Mehdi himself and spent a week in an ICU, with 20 stitches in his head, both orbital bones broken and many other facial injuries.

The incident had deep repercussions. Carvalho's coach, Antônio "Mestre da Morte" Lacerda, declared himself prideful of his trainee's act and actually paraded through the city with the bloody gi jacket of Ismail.[1] Carlson Gracie, who was teaching in United States at the time, returned to Brazil and attacked Lacerda in a public meeting, challenging him to a fight, but nothing came from it. Ismail claims that Edson's brother Ricardo Carvalho intervened actively in the brawl and that it became a 2-on-1,[11] but Mehdi himself dismissed this version and assured that the fight was fair.[12]
Yo! What the actual f*ck!
Especially the part with Lacerda parading through the city with Ismail's blood stained jacked!:eek:<Lmaoo>

Watching what I missed. Megan finally did her thing in the Octagon. That power in the hands is where all the initial hype came from...Krause seems to be a good coach.

No, it wasn't. She wasn't knocked out completely unconscious, but she was knocked senseless.

So was Benavidez and it was a TKO. I don't really care, honestly. You're the one that replied to me to tell me I'm wrong. You can just have it if it makes you feel better.

So was Benavidez and it was a TKO. I don't really care, honestly. You're the one that replied to me to tell me I'm wrong. You can just have it if it makes you feel better.
You think Benavidez was a TKO? You thought that . . . was a TKO? Jesus.

2.5 pounds if I remember right. Was given a couple hours to drop the extra weight but decided not to.
Hate when they just say nah I’m good on cutting anymore...But that’s a whole can of worms. Was he already fully depleted? Or did he know he could possibly make it but he would be compromised...

Yo! What the actual f*ck!
Especially the part with Lacerda parading through the city with Ismail's blood stained jacked!:eek:<Lmaoo>
Brazil BJJ crowd were a bunch of savages back then.

There were so many street fights involving BJJ feuds

Once a guy wanted to fight me in the middle of the street just because i had a gracie shirt on. He was a gracie though.

Just because i was using the shirt but didnt actually train with them.

Dude was like "in what gracie gym you train?"

Then i told him i didnt.... and he was like "take this shirt off then, you cant use it"

And i was like "fuck off i aint doing shit"

People around had to intervene. Thank god actually because i would have been murked.

<{MingNope}>

Back