PBP UFC Fight Night 187: Edwards vs. Muhammad - PBP Discussion: 5:00 p.m. ET/2:00 p.m. PT

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lmao at crying. He's going for the DQ win. Following Sterling's example. This might become a trend. I wanted him to win because I hate Leon. But holy shit at a man crying rofl.

Once Belal said he could not see out of his eye Herb had to call the fight, it wasnt at his discretion, you also could visibly see Belals eye was swollen shut. An eye poke is a foul you cannot reasonably call as intentional. Hence the no contest

Yan was disqualified because his foul was ruled intentional and his opponent did not demonstrate an ability to continue.

This situation is more similar to when Figgy was docked a point for the low blow on Moreno, had Belal displayed an ability to continue Leon would have been docked a point like Figgy was.

against Jon Jones for the finger fucker championship belt

giphy.gif

That's the main problem, but I can't think how else to cut it out than just blanket ban it and take points. It's pretty rare we see illegal headbutts on the ground but they were a massive part of the early UFC with Mark Coleman winning multiple fights with them. They were made illegal and now we rarely see them. I think similar will happen with eye pokes if you do the same and also maybe change the gloves.

Nut shots and back of the head shots will never leave unfortunatelly.

Possibly. You could be right, but it's like refs not calling shots up the back of the head... it's all on the ref. Far from perfect.

Why is Leon not fighting a top 10 guy? I understand kamzat but wtf? He claims no on wants to fight him.

Leon "I deserve a title shot" Jesus you're lucky to get a NC after a warning and trying to rip a man's eye out don't act like you beat a top 10.

Prayers up for Belal. This was nasty

EwaVU8rVIAEIXyz

Possibly. You could be right, but it's like refs not calling shots up the back of the head... it's all on the ref. Far from perfect.

I am actually surprised the UFC doesn't use a fines system or something, but I am guessing that's illegal in most countries.

Plenty of examples of guys losing the first couple of rounds and coming back, but who was leading should have no bearing regardless. Leon’s actions caused the situation, he should lose.
I dont think Belal should get a win from that, it just doesnt feel right. Imo Edwards should give some of his purse to Belal like if he missed weight and the fight should be no contest. Or give Edwards a loss and Belal NC lol

Once Belal said he could not see out of his eye Herb had to call the fight, it wasnt at his discretion, you also could visibly see Belals eye was swollen shut. An eye poke is a foul you cannot reasonably call as intentional. Hence the no contest

Yan was disqualified because his foul was ruled intentional and his opponent did not demonstrate an ability to continue.

This situation is more similar to when Figgy was docked a point for the low blow on Moreno, had Belal displayed an ability to continue Leon would have been docked a point like Figgy was.
I missed a lot of that because I'm overseas, and so I'm watching the fights in a language that I don't understand. So I didn't hear the commentary describing the injury or any of that. I just saw an eye poke, which I've seen a million times before, and then him crying, which I've never seen except for the last UFC. So, I thought the reason he was crying was the same reason as Sterling was crying: trying to get the win. Then I watched the replay and saw how fucked up his eye was... So yeah I take all that back now. I just didn't all that information at first to form an educated opinion. Now I do, and I take it back.

Back